Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:29 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5219 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 348  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:59 pm 
Heavyweight

Now that election is already over, it's now time to support our duly elected leaders...
Leni is now officially the Vice President of the Republic of the Philippines..

I am starting this thread to track her performance.

So let's post any updates here... :D

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:00 pm 
Heavyweight

retired na si Manny, magsasarado na ang pinoygreats

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:02 pm 
Heavyweight

Leni Robredo (born Maria Leonor Santo Tomas Gerona; April 23, 1964) is a Filipino lawyer, social activist, and politician who is the current Vice President-elect of the Philippines, after topping the official Congressional count of the 2016 election. She currently serves as the representative of Camarines Sur's Third District to the Philippine House of Representatives, having been elected in the 2013 general election.

She first came to public attention in 2012 after the death of her husband, Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo, in a plane crash off the coast of Masbate Island. Prior to the accident, Robredo's involvement in public life was as a lawyer and social activist. In 2015, she announced her candidacy for Vice President of the Philippines in the 2016 election under the Liberal Party.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:04 pm 
Heavyweight

Robredo vows ‘100% support’ for Duterte
Paolo Romero - May 28, 2016 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - In the end, the last man standing was a woman.

As the second female vice president of the country, Leni Robredo vowed last night to give her all to the nation and her “100 percent” support to incoming president Rodrigo Duterte.

The 51-year-old lawmaker from Camarines Sur thanked “all those who believed in me from the start when I started from zero.”

“It is my obligation as a Filipino to give my 100 percent support to (Duterte),” Robredo said in Filipino in a television interview from her hometown of Naga City.

“I know the elections became vicious, I didn’t pressure those who did not like me, but I hope time will come when I’ll be given the chance for them to know me. Because if they’ll know me, their negative perceptions will be dispelled,” she said.

Robredo ran under the banner of the Liberal Party, whose standard bearer, former interior secretary Mar Roxas, came in second in the final congressional canvassing of votes for president.

At the end of the canvassing by the joint session of the Senate and House of the Representatives – convening as the National Board of Canvassers – Robredo got 14,418,817 votes or a lead of 263,473 votes over her closest rival Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.

After the final certificate of canvass (COC) was tallied, the bells of the Basilica of Our Lady of Peñafrancia rang in celebration of Robredo’s win.

The three-day canvassing was the shortest in recent history.

Robredo took the 10-hour bus trip to Naga City on Thursday night to celebrate the 58th birthday yesterday of her husband, the late interior secretary Jesse Robredo, who died in a plane crash in August 2012.

She monitored the canvassing of the last COCs in Congress with her three daughters, Aika, Tricia and Jillian.

“It’s like perfect timing. I didn’t expect that by his (Jesse’s) birthday, it will be finished. What luck that it was done on his birthday, of all days,” she said.

She said that it was “very providential” the canvassing was concluded just shortly after the mass for Jesse was finished.

“What would you call this (victory) if not providential? Everyone around me, my family, our supporters and country, knew that I was very reluctant (to run for vice president),” Robredo said.

She said the NBOC canvassing showed there was no cheating in the vice presidential race as repeatedly alleged by Marcos.

She said the copies of COCs and other documents she has are the same ones held by Marcos, whom she expects to file an electoral protest.

Robredo said she has been calm since the campaign ended and the canvassing started but was praying that she would be able to perform her duties well if she wins.

“That’s why during the mass, I asked for prayers, I asked them for prayers not only for the canvassing to finish but for me when I’m in office because I’m not wired for this. That’s why I really need all the support,” she said.

She said she was very appreciative of the support extended by President Aquino.

She said she will visit Duterte only after they are formally proclaimed by Congress next week.

During a vice presidential debate at the University of Santo Tomas last April, Robredo recalled that a moderator of a forum where she was the only one who attended commented that the “last man standing (in the vice presidential race) is a woman.”

When there were reports that Robredo was being eyed by the administration to be Roxas’ runningmate last year, her ratings in surveys was only one percent.

Ahead of her in the polls were Marcos, Sen. Francis Escudero, Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV and Sen. Gringo Honasan.

She was in a statistical tie with Marcos in the surveys shortly before the elections.

Meanwhile in Davao City, the camp of incoming president Rodrigo Duterte last night said his victory was a “triumph of the people.” – Alexis Romero

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:05 pm 
Heavyweight

it depends kung bibigyan sya ng makabuluhang trabaho ni president, kung flower vase lang wala din
the president is already flip plopping from earlier pronouncements regarding vp leni, i hope one of the jokes lang ulit yun.

-The Vice President

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:08 pm 
Heavyweight

A post for Leni? That never crossed my mind, says Duterte

By: Julliane Love De Jesus
INQUIRER.net

01:48 PM May 29th, 2016

DAVAO CITY, Philippines — Contrary to what his representatives are saying, President-elect Rodrigo Dutere said it never crossed his mind to give Vice President-elect Leni Robredo a position in his Cabinet.

Duterte said he was still thinking of what posts to give his “loyal” friends who helped him win the presidency.

“That never entered my mind,” the President-elect said when asked what position Robredo would hold. He spoke to the media after meeting some friends in a hotel in this city.

“I’m not trying to be smart aleck, but I’m still trying to figure out the selection in my own group and party. I shouldn’t be looking beyond my borders,” he explained.

Pressed further for an answer, an irked Duterte quipped: “No, I don’t even know her!”

“Why should I talk to her? I said I’ve not considered anything for her. I am more worried about where I would place the friends na nagkautang ako ng loob,” he said.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/788038/a-p ... z4A1gnaDMP
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Joke time muna... :lol: :lol:

Marcos camp gathering evidence

By: Leila B. Salaverria

Philippine Daily Inquirer

04:49 AM May 29th, 2016

THE LAWYER of Sen. Ferdinand Marcos Jr. yesterday confirmed plans to push through with an electoral protest over the vice presidential race, saying his client was deprived of nearly four million votes through cheating and malfunctioning vote-counting machines.

Marcos lost to administration candidate Camarines Sur Rep. Leni Robredo, who had a 263,473-vote edge over him.

“We will definitely file an election protest,” lawyer George Garcia said in a text message on Saturday.

He said the Marcos camp was in the process of collating the affidavits of witnesses of alleged incidents of cheating, as well as details on the malfunctioning of several canvassing and consolidation system servers and vote-counting machines.

Garcia said the protest would be filed in about a month.

Among the issues to be brought up by the Marcos camp are the nearly four million undervotes for the post of vice president, Marcos’ receipt of zero votes in certain areas, and the malfunctioning of some vote-counting machines.

Garcia said the Marcos camp also plans to include more grounds, which would be detailed when they file the protest.

Marcos had been asking the Commission on Elections for an audit of the automated election system, following the alteration of the script in the poll body’s transparency server.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/788007/mar ... z4A1i4r2Za

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Pahiram mod joeyj... :D

joeyj wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:51 am 
Welterweight

JABEZJ wrote:
A post for Leni? That never crossed my mind, says Duterte

By: Julliane Love De Jesus
INQUIRER.net

01:48 PM May 29th, 2016

DAVAO CITY, Philippines — Contrary to what his representatives are saying, President-elect Rodrigo Dutere said it never crossed his mind to give Vice President-elect Leni Robredo a position in his Cabinet.

Duterte said he was still thinking of what posts to give his “loyal” friends who helped him win the presidency.

“That never entered my mind,” the President-elect said when asked what position Robredo would hold. He spoke to the media after meeting some friends in a hotel in this city.

“I’m not trying to be smart aleck, but I’m still trying to figure out the selection in my own group and party. I shouldn’t be looking beyond my borders,” he explained.

Pressed further for an answer, an irked Duterte quipped: “No, I don’t even know her!”

“Why should I talk to her? I said I’ve not considered anything for her. I am more worried about where I would place the friends na nagkautang ako ng loob,” he said.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/788038/a-p ... z4A1gnaDMP

Mga taga media hanggang ngayon d pa din alam paano basahin si Digong. :lol:
Nairita na naman yan. Malamang may nagtanong na naman sa kanya something like 'ano po ang masasabi nyo sa mga comments na ang mga appointees nyo ay mga kaibigan, kaklase at mga pinagkakautangan nyo ng loob?'

Ayun sumagot na naman ng pabarumbado.

Mga taga media naman patol ng patol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:55 am 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:
Now that election is already over, it's now time to support our duly elected leaders...

Di kaya mag ala GMA 'to mang Jabz just waiting for the right time to execute Plan C :)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:39 am 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
JABEZJ wrote:
Joke time muna... :lol: :lol:

Marcos camp gathering evidence

By: Leila B. Salaverria

Philippine Daily Inquirer

04:49 AM May 29th, 2016

THE LAWYER of Sen. Ferdinand Marcos Jr. yesterday confirmed plans to push through with an electoral protest over the vice presidential race, saying his client was deprived of nearly four million votes through cheating and malfunctioning vote-counting machines.

Marcos lost to administration candidate Camarines Sur Rep. Leni Robredo, who had a 263,473-vote edge over him.

“We will definitely file an election protest,” lawyer George Garcia said in a text message on Saturday.

He said the Marcos camp was in the process of collating the affidavits of witnesses of alleged incidents of cheating, as well as details on the malfunctioning of several canvassing and consolidation system servers and vote-counting machines.

Garcia said the protest would be filed in about a month.

Among the issues to be brought up by the Marcos camp are the nearly four million undervotes for the post of vice president, Marcos’ receipt of zero votes in certain areas, and the malfunctioning of some vote-counting machines.

Garcia said the Marcos camp also plans to include more grounds, which would be detailed when they file the protest.

Marcos had been asking the Commission on Elections for an audit of the automated election system, following the alteration of the script in the poll body’s transparency server.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/788007/mar ... z4A1i4r2Za

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:21 pm 
Middleweight

Leni, 'Cinderella ng pulitika' ayon sa tagapagsalita ni Duterte
http://news.abs-cbn.com/video/nation/05 ... ni-duterte

Political Cinderella daw si VP Leni sabi ng kampo ni incoming Pres. Duterte. Bakit kaya Cinderella ang napiling comparison? Ayon sa kwento, si Cinderella ay naging prinsesa ng dahil sa Magic!

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:23 pm 
Heavyweight

lumigwak na pala ang iyakan dito hikhikhik :lol: :lol: :lol:

-The Vice President

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Congrats mam leni!!

stand by lang konti, la pang 1 taon may gagawin impeachable yang si digong at kayo nanaman may hawak.

Soon as we learn to fly, watch out you damn birds we takin the skies!!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:08 pm 
Heavyweight

rhad wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:

Di kaya mag ala GMA 'to mang Jabz just waiting for the right time to execute Plan C :)

Let's wait and see... :D
Pero tingin ko hindi mangyayari..
Hindi naman gahaman sa kapangyarihan si VP Leni...unlike GMA / FG...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5219 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 348  Next