Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:57 am 
Bantamweight

scholarwarrior wrote:
Condes won his belts with Franciso Jaro as his trainer and Aljoe Jaro as his manager, I just hope his NEW managers will be able to steer him back to another title shot and not leave him to obscurity now that he isn't champ anymore.

In an interview with Dennis Principe, Jaro stated his fear that Condes' new handlers might not be able to MOTIVATE him the way he does for this fight...I'm beginning to think he was right.

As for the poster who asked who trained Condes for this fight...former ALA gym trainer Danny Bactol trained him for this fight , and according to the article below, he trained for weeks at the famed ALA Gym and five days after arriving in the US at Roach' Wildcard Gym. http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=14289

At first, I thought, the venue’s altitude may have had something to do with Condes’ lethargic showing, because he hasn't stayed and trained in Mexico long enough to be acclimatized to the venue’s high-altitude conditions, much like when Concepcion fought against Juan Ruiz. Concepcion fought at Queretaro, Mexico, a locale that sits at around 6,000 feet above sea level; Baguio by comparison is only 5000 feet above sea level. If your body hadn’t adjusted to such conditions, you would be sapped by the first few rounds. California Sur, Mexico though doesn't have the same elevation and sits at only around 40 feet above sea level, so altitude didn't have anything to do with it… attitude maybe?

I doubt if Condes will return to Jaro or if Jaro will take him back. Will Dante Ortiz steer him to another title shot? Will Sammy Gello-ani and ALA continue to help him now that he isn't a champ anymore? I really really hope so.

Well, better luck next time, and good luck to Condes and his new handlers. At least Condes wasn't knocked out.

with regards to the last question from the 2nd to the last paragraph i dont think Sammy and ALA would leave Condes at this very moment coz as far as my knowledge is concern ALA was not used to leave a boxer with potentials. hopefully, CONDES moved on and trained harder for him to fight for another belt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:01 am 
Welterweight

calculus wrote:
it's too late for condes... but it's not too late to be back.... he needs to fight to defend the title or lossing it with out fighting... he should trained earlier... but anyway it happen so better trainning hard to recover... hope people understand that condes is not in great shape when he fight... lack of trainning.. hindi pa cya naka recover for resting a year....

This article said Condes is in his "BEST SHAPE EVER". So I don't know where you got the idea that he isn't in great shape. Link please.
http://sports.inquirer.net/cdnsports/cd ... shape-ever

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:03 am 
Welterweight

maxito wrote:
with regards to the last question from the 2nd to the last paragraph i dont think Sammy and ALA would leave Condes at this very moment coz as far as my knowledge is concern ALA was not used to leave a boxer with potentials. hopefully, CONDES moved on and trained harder for him to fight for another belt.

Like I said bro, I REALLY REALLY HOPE SO TOO. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:05 am 
Welterweight

calculus wrote:
the bum people are those who don't analyse things or situation before talking alot of reason.. better study grade schools...... it's so sad for condes or the trainor but it's more sad for you if you dont know what a fighter fighting for.... and you ate your words when you know the truths...

I think most Paclanders are familiar with Condes' situation. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:41 pm 
Heavyweight

scholarwarrior wrote:
calculus wrote:
the bum people are those who don't analyse things or situation before talking alot of reason.. better study grade schools...... it's so sad for condes or the trainor but it's more sad for you if you dont know what a fighter fighting for.... and you ate your words when you know the truths...

I think most Paclanders are familiar with Condes' situation. 8)

IMHO condes still not 100% focused of his title defense. prior to that fight condes had to deal with issues about his managerial problems. i think that sapped out a little of condes' mind while on training. i was hoping condes' camp brought in some sort of a therapist to condition his mind...that would help condes focus more on this fight....rather than think about his problems with jaro. well, this loss should serve as a lesson for condes to do better next time. it's not the end of the world for him....he's still young.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:04 pm 
Cruiserweight

bugoyking wrote:
Florante Condes must go back to Aljoe Jaro... Or apologize atleast... I'm having this fear that Condes will never be the same again without Jaro on his side. Jaro started Condes' career. He was there when the boy needed someone... Karma attacks

He doesnt need a manager who will squeeze 40% his of his earnings.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:12 pm 
Light Heavyweight

skipper5398 wrote:
bugoyking wrote:
Florante Condes must go back to Aljoe Jaro... Or apologize atleast... I'm having this fear that Condes will never be the same again without Jaro on his side. Jaro started Condes' career. He was there when the boy needed someone... Karma attacks

bro i think its 50% of condes' earnings goes to jaro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:12 pm 
Cruiserweight

st_ang3r wrote:
skipper5398 wrote:
bugoyking wrote:

Well, then its more than 40%, its a highway robbery!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:54 pm 
Heavyweight

skipper5398 wrote:
st_ang3r wrote:
skipper5398 wrote:

Well, then its more than 40%, its a highway robbery!!

that's why pacman manages himself. if a manager can't give a decent fight in your own turf, what's the use??????

local managers are proving to be big disappointments.......just out for easy money................

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:45 am 
Light Heavyweight

Condes and Jaro are done. and that's the way it should stay.

Condes should seek the haven of a different boxing stable. i'm pretty sure he can't fight under the ALA Stable because he's not exactly a "poor boy" starting out his career.

for the well known stables, he could go fight for Manny Pacquiao like what Rodel Mayol is doing. or he could go and join up Gerry Penalosa, like what Michael Farenas is doing.

all Condes needs is just some good management, and he'll be back. he's not exactly a journeyman, he's only 28 and is still ranked within the top 10 fighters of boxrec in the 105 pound division.

Ring Magazine Pound4Pound: #1 PACQUIAO, #5 DONAIRE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:02 am 
Middleweight

bugoyking wrote:
Karma for what?? It was jaro who skimmed all of what this boy condes should have.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:48 am 
Strawweight

altron wrote:
bugoyking wrote:

why? So aljoe can screw him up again?

Aljoe once was a boxer and he knows a fighter's feeling...He made Condes but Condes was a hard-headed guy who happens to have wrong advisers on his side,his uncle,untie and whosoever...trying to slice a piece out of him..THAT"S ACTUALLY WAS HIS PROBLEM. :shock: :? 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:25 pm 
Middleweight

STONER wrote:
bugoyking wrote:
Karma for what?? It was jaro who skimmed all of what this boy condes should have.

dude, you've heard story from condes' side. now try to hear it from jaro's side...
"Jaro skimmed all of whhat this boy condes should have".-That's what condes' uncle said...

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:39 pm 
Middleweight

yeah and give jaro 40% of his money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:53 pm 
Welterweight

zakk wylde wrote:
yeah and give jaro 40% of his money.

Yeah, and now that his relatives are getting the 40%, let us see if his relatives can get Condes fights the way Jaro did. 8)