Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Go back to Aljoe Jaro!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:20 pm 
Middleweight

Florante Condes must go back to Aljoe Jaro... Or apologize atleast... I'm having this fear that Condes will never be the same again without Jaro on his side. Jaro started Condes' career. He was there when the boy needed someone... Karma attacks

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

he needs a good trainer...not a manager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:27 pm 
Heavyweight

st_ang3r wrote:
he needs a good trainer...not a manager

I guess Aljoe is a trainer. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

So much for the hullabaloo surrounding Condes'. I fear that with him losing the title, he will disappear and be forgotten.

I hate to say this but perhaps, Aljoe Jaro is grinning from ear-to-ear.

What a sad ending to a fighter named Little Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:52 pm 
Heavyweight

malem50 wrote:
So much for the hullabaloo surrounding Condes'. I fear that with him losing the title, he will disappear and be forgotten.

I hate to say this but perhaps, Aljoe Jaro is grinning from ear-to-ear.

What a sad ending to a fighter named Little Pacquiao.

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:42 pm 
Welterweight

Poor florante , he'll have to start all over again. Fighting Bums............

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:00 pm 
Cruiserweight

What was the issue with Condes and Jaro?

Who was the trainer of Condes for the last fight?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:48 pm 
Middleweight

Silverbullet wrote:

Condes was left with very little after he wrested the crown from his thai opponent. It turned out Aljoe's wife gets a share of Condes' purse for she was listed as co manager which was not disclosed when Condes signed the contract. Condes sought the help of GAB and GAB rightfully dissolved his contract.

As for who trained him in his fight against Garcia, I have no idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:29 am 
Featherweight

lambda phi upsilon wrote:
Silverbullet wrote:

Condes was left with very little after he wrested the crown from his thai opponent. It turned out Aljoe's wife gets a share of Condes' purse for she was listed as co manager which was not disclosed when Condes signed the contract. Condes sought the help of GAB and GAB rightfully dissolved his contract.

As for who trained him in his fight against Garcia, I have no idea.

Indon!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:51 am 
Light Heavyweight

bugoyking wrote:
Florante Condes must go back to Aljoe Jaro... Or apologize atleast... I'm having this fear that Condes will never be the same again without Jaro on his side. Jaro started Condes' career. He was there when the boy needed someone... Karma attacks

why? So aljoe can screw him up again?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:02 am 
Middleweight

karma screwed him.. :D

i've heard a rumor that florante's uncle brainwashed him, saying that his purse in his last fight should have been bigger, just like Pac. And the boy believed him. That started it all.

IMO, the Condes that beat Rachman in his hometown will beat Garcia even in his hometown. Just look at the difference in his movements on the two fights. In the Garcia fight, Condes was just standing in front of Garcia, waiting for an opening to know him out, which did not come as we all know.

I'm having this fear that after this, Condes will not be the same again.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:29 am 
Middleweight

why not Freddie Roach as a trainer

and Pacman as a manager for Condes...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:07 am 
Welterweight

Condes won his belts with Franciso Jaro as his trainer and Aljoe Jaro as his manager, I just hope his NEW managers will be able to steer him back to another title shot and not leave him to obscurity now that he isn't champ anymore.

In an interview with Dennis Principe, Jaro stated his fear that Condes' new handlers might not be able to MOTIVATE him the way he does for this fight...I'm beginning to think he was right.

As for the poster who asked who trained Condes for this fight...former ALA gym trainer Danny Bactol trained him for this fight , and according to the article below, he trained for weeks at the famed ALA Gym and five days after arriving in the US at Roach' Wildcard Gym. http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=14289

At first, I thought, the venue’s altitude may have had something to do with Condes’ lethargic showing, because he hasn't stayed and trained in Mexico long enough to be acclimatized to the venue’s high-altitude conditions, much like when Concepcion fought against Juan Ruiz. Concepcion fought at Queretaro, Mexico, a locale that sits at around 6,000 feet above sea level; Baguio by comparison is only 5000 feet above sea level. If your body hadn’t adjusted to such conditions, you would be sapped by the first few rounds. California Sur, Mexico though doesn't have the same elevation and sits at only around 40 feet above sea level, so altitude didn't have anything to do with it… attitude maybe?

I doubt if Condes will return to Jaro or if Jaro will take him back. Will Dante Ortiz steer him to another title shot? Will Sammy Gello-ani and ALA continue to help him now that he isn't a champ anymore? I really really hope so.

Well, better luck next time, and good luck to Condes and his new handlers. At least Condes wasn't knocked out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:21 am 
Bantamweight

it's too late for condes... but it's not too late to be back.... he needs to fight to defend the title or lossing it with out fighting... he should trained earlier... but anyway it happen so better trainning hard to recover... hope people understand that condes is not in great shape when he fight... lack of trainning.. hindi pa cya naka recover for resting a year....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:28 am 
Bantamweight

the bum people are those who don't analyse things or situation before talking alot of reason.. better study grade schools...... it's so sad for condes or the trainor but it's more sad for you if you dont know what a fighter fighting for.... and you ate your words when you know the truths...