Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:32 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:53 am 
Light Heavyweight

YOUR RIGHT DANA THE WOULD SURELY LOSE , FROM THE START THEY WILL LOSE EVEN BEFORE GOING INSIDE THE OCTAGON BECAUSE OF THE SPARE CHANGE YOUR PAYING YOUR FIGHTERS ,A ND WHY WOULD FLOYD OR MANNY FIGHT IN MMA? ONE FIGHT IN BOXING WILL EQUAL MAYBE 1 MILLIONS TIME WHAT DANA'S FIGHTERS ARE MAKING , IF THEY FIGHT ALL THEIR LIFE THEY WOULDNT EVEN MAKE WHAT MANNY AND FLOYD MAKE IN ONE FIGHT!!! POOR MMA NAG MUKHANG SQUATTER SA PURSE NILA HAHAHA

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:06 pm 
Welterweight

Of course they would lose. They are not mixed martial artists. They have no skills or experience with wrestling, BJJ, Muay Thai, or any other fighting system. They practice one martial art: boxing. If they were taken down it would be over. Dana White should put his guys from the WEC into boxing and see how they fare against true strikers. Two favorites of mine, Urijah Faber and Jose Aldo are beasts in the cage, but in the ring I think they would get outclassed because they couldn't utilize all their weapons like leg kicks, take downs, submission holds, spinning back hand, or superman punch, or whatever else they may have in their arsenal.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:08 pm 
Light Heavyweight

All of them in the MMA within the weight range of Pacman would lose so bad, so bad that they wont event return to MMA.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 pm 
Middleweight

Be the BEST what you can be....there is no excuses now...

pacquiao vs. mayweather updates:

http://pacquiao-vs-mayweather.zxq.net

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:50 pm 
Light Heavyweight

of course they will lose in MMA

THATS why it called mixed martial arts

you need more discipline

boxers kryptonite are leg kicks and takedown if they fought in MMA

if MMA fighter fought a boxer in boxing of course a boxer will win

WAND 4 LIFE

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:06 pm 
Heavyweight

mikeguisado wrote:
Of course they would lose. They are not mixed martial artists. They have no skills or experience with wrestling, BJJ, Muay Thai, or any other fighting system. They practice one martial art: boxing. If they were taken down it would be over. Dana White should put his guys from the WEC into boxing and see how they fare against true strikers. Two favorites of mine, Urijah Faber and Jose Aldo are beasts in the cage, but in the ring I think they would get outclassed because they couldn't utilize all their weapons like leg kicks, take downs, submission holds, spinning back hand, or superman punch, or whatever else they may have in their arsenal.

Even Bert Ninja Batawang will school Aldo in a real boxing fight & ring.

Basta sexy libre, basta tambok doble.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:07 pm 
Featherweight

Chuck Lidell was for the most part a stand up offensive fighter with very good take down defense. He made a living pretty much keeping MMA guys on their feet and knocking them out because he was simply the best
"UFC MMA boxer" during his prime.

With that said, I think Manny will probably get his wins and garner a somewhat respectable record. Manny can learn some take down defense and work on some low kicks/sweeps (Manny probably learned how to kickbox in the streets of Manila). Manny is also extremely athletic and can incorporate a few MMA techniques to help him tremendously in the MMA arena. If Manny can keep the strictly MMA guys on their feet, sooner than later Manny will knock them out because that is what he was trained to do and he is one the best at it.

Mayweather could probably do just as good because he is also extremely athletic. But I just don't think he has the stomach or heart to fight in the MMA.

Funny TShirts at Raggedshirts.com

Funny Vegetarian Shirts
Get To The Choppa Shirts
Kiss Me Im Drunk Shirts
Bobby Boucher Waterboy Shirts
Take A Keg Stand T Shirts
Funny Pig Latin Igpay Atinlay Shirts

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Of course they will lose against the best MMA who know their ground game. And any of the MMA in Pacman's weight will lose to Pacman or PBF in the boxing ring.

Pacman/PBF will also lose to Tiger Woods in golf, or Hussein Bolt, or Nadal, etc. and vice versa.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 pm 
Middleweight

manny and floyd only need to learn the takedown defense or sprawl and with their speed they can pretty much do whatever they want ... the reality is that mma fighters lack skill in standup or striking they will be outclassed... just watch how the fight starts, it starts with both fighters standing.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:52 pm 
Middleweight

rickb888 wrote:
YOUR RIGHT DANA THE WOULD SURELY LOSE , FROM THE START THEY WILL LOSE EVEN BEFORE GOING INSIDE THE OCTAGON BECAUSE OF THE SPARE CHANGE YOUR PAYING YOUR FIGHTERS ,A ND WHY WOULD FLOYD OR MANNY FIGHT IN MMA? ONE FIGHT IN BOXING WILL EQUAL MAYBE 1 MILLIONS TIME WHAT DANA'S FIGHTERS ARE MAKING , IF THEY FIGHT ALL THEIR LIFE THEY WOULDNT EVEN MAKE WHAT MANNY AND FLOYD MAKE IN ONE FIGHT!!! POOR MMA NAG MUKHANG SQUATTER SA PURSE NILA HAHAHA

hello dana white! how can tiger wood win if ever he play tennis with nadal. and how you could imagine nadal can earn a win in golf against tiger wood? ***** dana white dont compare boxing to mma because these two contact sports has different diciplenes and expertise. your rule in mma is about to end. i just cant imagine if all of mma fighters will boycot your circus style of handling ufc. you are sucking blood of mma fighters!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:11 pm 
Welterweight

In the same way BJ Penn and George St Pier can not win a boxing match against Joshua Clotty.

A mechanic can not remove his appendicitis and a Doctor can not fix the carburetor in his car. Different words.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:45 pm 
Middleweight

Dana is challenging the boxers or indirectly inviting the boxers to fight against his MMAers.

Boxers use only two fists to fight.

MMA fighters use fists, elbows, knees, kicks, holds, and almost any part of their bodies to defeat an opponent...who do you think will win?

I think Dana White will make his pockets full if this happens.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:57 pm 
Light Heavyweight

dana is too shrewd , before he used to say boxing is dying , then when pacman and floyd fought the numbers were huge making dana look like a flea , then he saya i like the venue in dallad i love pacman etc etc . now hes trying to rip boxing again geez

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:53 pm 
Heavyweight

MMA fighters will lose in boxing :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Why is this topic in Florante Condes forum?
I thought Florante Condes would beat GSP in MMA fight. :mrgreen: