Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:40 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:31 am 
Cruiserweight

c4pacfan wrote:
frankcarino wrote:
What's up with Pinoys hating on Donaire? What a damned question! One or two haters does not represent all the Filipinos! Filipinos loves a great fighter in Nonito Donaire. Despite growing up in the United States, Nonito has not forgotten his roots and he continues to represent the Philippines. Your topic should titled: Why "some" Pinoys hate Nonito Donaire?". SOME is the key word!

sorry, I made a mistake but you know exactly what I meant..well just like you made that mistake on top.
:) :toast: :captain:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:44 am 
Middleweight

dude... i love donaire :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:55 am 
Middleweight

because the pacnuggers still don't forget his infamous line after PAC-JMMII, " I thought Marquez won the fight", - Donaire Jr. :lol:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:06 am 
Cruiserweight

vhotsok wrote:
because the pacnuggers still don't forget his infamous line after PAC-JMMII, " I thought Marquez won the fight", - Donaire Jr. :lol:
OH REALLY :!:HE SAID THAT? :thor: :thunder: :fire: :verymad: :thunder: VERY :verymad: :thunder: KAMEH.. HAMEHH...HHAAA. :thunder: :finger: :thunder: DJR :)STILL LOVE U BRO :!: :bravo: :peace: :thor:

Last edited by veryproud on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:07 am 
Middleweight

vhotsok wrote:

I think you nailed it there bro.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:07 am 
Cruiserweight

vhotsok wrote:

Sometimes, a "no comment" is the best comment :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:13 am 
Cruiserweight

vhotsok wrote:
Kayanaman pala eh :!: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :whisper: :arrow: :bravo: :talking: :talking: :talking: :arrow: :trouble: :peace: :batman:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:26 am 
Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:
Marami talagang sira ulo sa mundo.

:lol: :lol: are u refering to TS :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:28 am 
Lightweight

Donaire is a good pinoy boxer, but he should learn how to shut his mouth when needed.

He aired his opinion that Marquez won the rematch. I think because his fighting style is quite similar to Marquez, and somehow promoting himself in between what he was saying.

Pacman fans will never forget that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:45 am 
Middleweight

ND is a good boxer, i love his style and moves. i'm proud of him. :toast:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:55 am 
Cruiserweight

nesbej_8 wrote:
ok lang yan ganun talaga tayong mga pinoy di tayo nakukuntento

Slightly agree lang ako dito bro nesbej_8,

Filipinos can recognize greatness naman bro nesbej_8, pero it takes "real greatness" to be acknowledge by the Filipino people... here are a few examples:

1. When Jose Rizal died for our equality and liberty, everybody's patriotism was awakened and Pilipinos acknowledge Rizal's greatness, great mind... his exploits kept the fire of patriotism burning in our people to continue support the Katipunan.

2. When Ninoy Aquino died for the sake of restoring Philippines democracy, his martyrdom was acknowledged by the Filipino people... and he's courage and intelligence is still highly regarded by modern day Pilipinos.

3. When Manny Pacquiao fights, everything here stops, crime rate drops to zero in the whole Philippine archipelago, long time warring factions agree on a ceasefire, traffic is gone in the busy streets of the Philippines, etc... Pilipinos acknowledge Manny's accomplishments inside and outside the ring, being a good ambassador for the Filipino people to the rest of the world.

My point: you are right... that Pilipinos are mostly hard to convince of greatness, as you said "hindi nakukuntento", hindi tayo nakukumbinse basta basta; I also agree na "okay lang yun".
but when the Pilipino people see "real greatness"... our people know how to acknowledge or react to greatness when we see one... but it has to be "real greatness".

Last edited by Juramentado on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 am 
Lightweight

Juramentado wrote:
nesbej_8 wrote:

Filipinos can recognize greatness naman bro nesbej_8, pero it takes "real greatness" to be acknowledge by the Filipino people... here are a few examples:

1. When Jose Rizal died for our equality and liberty, everybody's patriotism was awakened and Pilipinos acknowledge Rizal's greatness, great mind... his exploits kept the fire of patriotism burning in our people to continue support the Katipunan.

2. When Ninoy Aquino died for the sake of restoring Philippines democracy, his martyrdom was acknowledged by the Filipino people... and he's courage and intelligence is still highly regarded by modern day Pilipinos.

3. When Manny Pacquiao fights, everything here stops, crime rate drops to zero in the whole Philippine archipelago, long time warring factions agree on a ceasefire, traffic is gone in the busy streets of the Philippines, etc... Pilipinos acknowledge Manny's accomplishments inside and outside the ring, being a good ambassador for the Filipino people to the rest of the world.

My point: you are right... that Pilipinos are mostly hard to convince of greatness, as you said "hindi nakukuntento", hindi tayo nakukumbinse basta basta; I also agree na "okay lang yun".
but when the Pilipino people see "real greatness"... our people know how to acknowledge or react to greatness when we see one.

Yup, so true.
The Filipinos know how to seperate the boys from real men so to speak. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:08 am 
Cruiserweight

jakesnake500 wrote:
Juramentado wrote:
nesbej_8 wrote:

but when the Pilipino people see "real greatness"... our people know how to acknowledge or react to greatness when we see one.

Yup, so true.
The Filipinos know how to seperate the boys from real men so to speak. :)

And the funny and amazing thing about this is... it is connected with our peoples history (Pre-Spanish history)... I will make a thread about this sometime, about this historical accounts made by Chinese and Arab Merchants in the ancient past, about the people they encountered here, the people who occupy this piece of land now called the "Philippines", about our people... you will be amazed how this is connected with our peoples glorious past, If we see a "Great" leader, we rally behind him and recognize " real greatness"... it has to be "real greatness" for our people to rally behind it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:39 am 
Light Heavyweight

the no. 1 nonito hater is lusob the boyfriend of bum viloria :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 am 
Welterweight

vhotsok wrote:

This is clearly beating the dead horse, but Marquez won that fight. You have to be so biased to see Pacman a *clear winner* of that fight.
But I believe Marquez would get KOed for good if he fights Pacman for the 3rd time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next