Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:46 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

fan ni manny wrote:
dbljab wrote:
JP Cañete wrote:
Well, sometimes you gotta give Donaire his due atleast for raising a Filipino Flag and act like a Filipino somewhat in the ring.. carry the name FILIPINO FLASH....

Im really sorry to tell you this guys but...

Unlike BRIAN VILORIA, this punk carries the Flag of the Philippines when he wins each fights but before that he do the HAWAIIAN DANCE.. :? weird.. so, that means he dedicated his win to HAWAII not for PHILIPPINES..

Atleast DONAIRE is and was known as the "FILIPINO FLASH DONAIRE" long before he knocked the lights out of DARCHINYAN.. and BRIAN VILORIA dubbed himself as the "HAWAIIAN PUNCH" long before he was known... his punch was dedicated for the state of HAWAII, not for Philippines..

Sounds interesting
trans: Mahalin ang sariling atin

I resent you calling Brian a punk. You're ignorant to the fact that Brian was given the name "Hawaiian Punch" which was past down to him by another great Filipino champion here in Hawaii, Jesus Salud. The original "Hawaiian Punch" is a very popular soft drink beverage made in the USA, so the name became a great marketing tool here in the US.

I've had the privilege to be very good friends of former world champions, Ben Villaflor, Andy Ganigan, Rolando Navarette, Jesus Salud, and Brian, all of 'em proud FILIPINOS. Please don't hate on them for living in the US.

I've also been following Nonito's fight career since 2001. Throughout almost half of his career, he was known as Nonito "the Flash" Donaire, who later changed his monicker to "The Filipino Flash". Most in the fight business understands why.

Nonito and his brother Glen also competed to represent America in the 2000 Olympics. Hopefully people don't hold this against them and take away their dignity of being Filipinos.

Peace

Is that you Brian? :biglaugh:

:lol: of course not :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

dopors wrote:
To all who hated him. This is nonito growing up in bohol. Will he be putting this kind of picture if he doesn't remember his roots and how they used to live before. I got this from his website.

Pambihrang damit yan.
butas yung gitna.
Kung ako yung tatay di ko papayagan magsuot ng ganyan ang anak ko.
kahit mahirap lang ako. :peace:
:banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I love Donaire (as a boxer) but I hate his crazy fans, Donairefan and thesubversive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14