Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:54 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 485
another point, Nobody is hating Nonito,we adore him too, its only like when u r choosing a real friend.
u chose Pacquiao over Donaire,but nonito is also a friend :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:19 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 3677
kulots wrote:
@R32NicoboyGT-R

we are just saying Nonito cant be easily accepted with the way he is,unless he changed a bit showing he is fullblooded filipino...
and for starters, he can try to speak more our filipino language, specially Tagalog or Visayan if he is on PHILIPPINE TV,if he is on america,everybody understands that,but in Philippine TV it should be different..You can also find how the mestizo actors who grow-up from other countries try hard to learn the local language to be more accepted by the audience,almost same.
the skills of Donaire is very evident ,and we love that,,just we dont love his way of speaking,only u those so-called fil-americans love it that way...
We in the Philippines also use English much of the time too,specially for business purposes,but in FILIPINO BOXING where auidiences are mostly the lower class masses its definitely not used...this kind of interviews only annoys us

Does anybody really care? He looks like a Filipino, born in the Philippines, speaks fluent Visayan, speaks a little Tagalog, identifies with and openly claiming to the world his Filipino-ness, nicknamed himself "the Filipino Flash", brings pride and joy to the Philippines whenever he fights. So I don't give a crap whether he speaks very little Tagalog (his main dialect is Visayan) during his local TV interviews, Nonito Donaire is a Filipino!!!!!

In fact, he is more Filipino than Brian "The Hawaiian Punch" Viloria :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:22 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 109
Nonito is a very polite and educated fighter, he fights well deserve to be recognize like Manny...

Go Nonito....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:22 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:15 pm
Posts: 2145
Location: EmeraldTowerandResorts
R32NicoboyGT-R wrote:
Nonito's english accent doesn't even sound 'whitewashed'. He has a slight pinoy accent and is bilingual. All those mestiso tagalog artistas you all look up to are more whitewashed than him with their soap whiteners, etc..

and he should NOT "copy" Pacquiao in the way he speaks, wtf? He is his own person. Why copy someone else?? Let him speak the way he speaks. He speaks english in Pinoy TV because he's not that fluent in tagalog, though he tries. he is BISAYA and he is very fluent in that dialect.



Bro, just for your info: Nonito is not Visayan. He hails from GenSan, the place of Pacman. Visayas comprises 3 Regions: 6, 7 & 8. Region 6 comprises the Ilonggo speaking Filipinos, Region 7 comprices the Cebuano speaking people plus some parts of Leyte and Negros Oriental. Region 8 which is Eastern Visayas covering Samar provinces, Leyte provinces, Masbate and Biliran provinces.

Nonito is Mindanaoan. GenSan his (Nonito) birthplace is in Mindanao. if he speaks like Cebuano it doesn't mean he is Bisaya, rather he is speaking Chabakano dialect which is the native dialect of Mindanao and sounds like Cebuano dialect.

Mindanao starts from Surigao if your reference point is North, starts Zamboanga del Norte if your reference is NorthWest, down to Tawi-Tawi that's Mindanao. Visayas never been part of Mindanao nor Mindanao been part of Visayas. JUST FOR GEOGRAPHICAL REFERENCE.

_________________
Ignorance never settles a question...Benjamin Disraeli


Last edited by mayweatherbuster on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:34 pm
Posts: 3677
kulots wrote:
another point, Nobody is hating Nonito,we adore him too, its only like when u r choosing a real friend.
u chose Pacquiao over Donaire,but nonito is also a friend :)

Well, that's great to know sir kulots..... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:19 am
Posts: 325
jakesnake500 wrote:
iron_mike_tarzan wrote:
jakesnake500 wrote:
You have to give JMM 8 rounds to win over Pac, that will be stretching it.
You can't give excuses about headbutts slowing down JMM because it can affect both fighters....most observers give them 6 rounds each and with a KD on 3rd by Pac to JMM, that gives him a point advantage over...that's without bias.

Dude, check your math again... a 7 vs 5 round scoring after 12 rounds without knock-downs is 115-113. Because of the 10-8 score in the 3rd round, the 114-113 is correct. Those 7 rounds won is enough for Marquez to win that fight. If you're still confused try computing it this way:
Marquez score = (10 x 7) + (9 x 4) + 8
= 70 + 36 + 8
= 114
Pacquiao score = (10 x 5) + (9 x 7)
= 50 + 63
= 113

When I watched the replay, I heard the British commentators had the score at 104-104 after the end of round 11... the same way I scored it at that point. In other words, they gave Marquez 6 rounds already while 5 for Pacquiao after 11 rounds. That's the fact.

I'm sorry, i based it on per rounds won minus 1 from the kd. But still assuming JMM won 7 rounds instead of 6 rounds for each then Pac won by 114-113.

Dude, don't embarrass yourself here by insisting your incorrect math. Are you still in 1st grade?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:30 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:19 am
Posts: 325
jakesnake500 wrote:
iron_mike_tarzan wrote:
When I watched the replay, I heard the British commentators had the score at 104-104 after the end of round 11... the same way I scored it at that point. In other words, they gave Marquez 6 rounds already while 5 for Pacquiao after 11 rounds. That's the fact.

I didn't know you'll add/edit your post...Speaking of facts, it maybe a fact from that British commentator you heard, but the real "fact" is that Pac won through the official judges scoring card.

Dude, you forgot the fact that the judges themselves are split in their decision. Pacquiao was just lucky 2 judges saw the fight in his favor.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:32 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:54 pm
Posts: 4777
Location: City of angels
diehard fan wrote:
so who's hatin :shock: pila la 8)

1.LUSOB :lol:
2
3
4
5
6

who love nonito

1 diehard fan
2

_________________
Remember it was the Media ..that destroy Erap and the brought the negative perception of this present Government..
this Media was a tools by the Marcoses to brainwash the people during his Regime-Dan44


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:33 pm
Posts: 485
fan ni manny wrote:
kulots wrote:
@R32NicoboyGT-R

we are just saying Nonito cant be easily accepted with the way he is,unless he changed a bit showing he is fullblooded filipino...
and for starters, he can try to speak more our filipino language, specially Tagalog or Visayan if he is on PHILIPPINE TV,if he is on america,everybody understands that,but in Philippine TV it should be different..You can also find how the mestizo actors who grow-up from other countries try hard to learn the local language to be more accepted by the audience,almost same.
the skills of Donaire is very evident ,and we love that,,just we dont love his way of speaking,only u those so-called fil-americans love it that way...
We in the Philippines also use English much of the time too,specially for business purposes,but in FILIPINO BOXING where auidiences are mostly the lower class masses its definitely not used...this kind of interviews only annoys us

Does anybody really care? He looks like a Filipino, born in the Philippines, speaks fluent Visayan, speaks a little Tagalog, identifies with and openly claiming to the world his Filipino-ness, nicknamed himself "the Filipino Flash", brings pride and joy to the Philippines whenever he fights. So I don't give a crap whether he speaks very little Tagalog (his main dialect is Visayan) during his local TV interviews, Nonito Donaire is a Filipino!!!!!

In fact, he is more Filipino than Brian "The Hawaiian Punch" Viloria :biglaugh:


ofcourse we care,look at those who made comments about this..it only means we care OK?
thats exactly the point,Donaire looks very much Filipino,but he acts differently,despite moving to America only on his teens...Most of us have relatives there in America,so we can understand what shld be understand..and as u said he knows tagalog and Visayan,so I just suggest,when he is interviewed for Philippine TV or in Philippine celebrity TV he should try to speak more his most familiar laguange during his growing up age so he doenst look like a American-hugger...

for Brian Viloria,he was born in hawaii, so,its not same with Nonito...but i still agree with u that Nonito is more Filipino than him,,verdict: so he just need to act like one,not so much an american!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 2622
kulots wrote:
@R32NicoboyGT-R

we are just saying Nonito cant be easily accepted with the way he is,unless he changed a bit showing he is fullblooded filipino...
and for starters, he can try to speak more our filipino language, specially Tagalog or Visayan if he is on PHILIPPINE TV,if he is on america,everybody understands that,but in Philippine TV it should be different..You can also find how the mestizo actors who grow-up from other countries try hard to learn the local language to be more accepted by the audience,almost same.
the skills of Donaire is very evident ,and we love that,,just we dont love his way of speaking,only u those so-called fil-americans love it that way...
We in the Philippines also use English much of the time too,specially for business purposes,but in FILIPINO BOXING where auidiences are mostly the lower class masses its definitely not used...this kind of interviews only annoys us
BRILLIANT :!: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :toast: :batman:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:03 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 282
To all who hated him. This is nonito growing up in bohol. Will he be putting this kind of picture if he doesn't remember his roots and how they used to live before. I got this from his website.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:35 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 2622
iron_mike_tarzan wrote:
jakesnake500 wrote:
iron_mike_tarzan wrote:
When I watched the replay, I heard the British commentators had the score at 104-104 after the end of round 11... the same way I scored it at that point. In other words, they gave Marquez 6 rounds already while 5 for Pacquiao after 11 rounds. That's the fact.

I didn't know you'll add/edit your post...Speaking of facts, it maybe a fact from that British commentator you heard, but the real "fact" is that Pac won through the official judges scoring card.

Dude, you forgot the fact that the judges themselves are split in their decision. Pacquiao was just lucky 2 judges saw the fight in his favor.
MP IS NOT LUCKY.JMM IS LUCKY THE ROPE SAVE HIS :censored: :!: :!: :!: :peace: :clown: :toast: :batman:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:33 pm
Posts: 808
Location: Doha, Qatar
iron_mike_tarzan wrote:

This is clearly beating the dead horse, but Marquez won that fight. You have to be so biased to see Pacman a *clear winner* of that fight.
But I believe Marquez would get KOed for good if he fights Pacman for the 3rd time.[/quote]
How many rounds do you think Marquez won against Pacquaio for JMM to win the fight?[/quote]This is how I scored it:
Rds 1 & 2 - Marquez clearly won these rounds
Rd 3 - Pacquiao won this (10-8 because of the KD)
Rd 4 - I think this was pretty close but I had to give this to Marquez because of how their punches landed
Rds 5 & 6 - Marquez clearly won these
Rd 7 - This was a close round but since I'm a Pacquiao fan I had to give this to him
Rd 8 - Marquez clearly won this
Rds 9 & 10 - Pacquiao clearly won these
Rd 11 - I gave this to Pacquiao but it was a close round
Rd 12 - If rounds could be scored as even this was clearly one of those, but I gave this to Marquez because he looked to have put more effort to win this round.

Based on the above observation, I gave it a 114-113 score in favor of Marquez (7 rounds against 5 of Pacquiao).

Notes: Marquez was winning the 3rd round until an accidental headbutt temporarily slowed him down for the rest of the round. It made him slow enough to get caught by Pacquiao's fast hands. Similarly, Marquez was winning the 7th round until another headbutt slowed him down.[/quote]

What you see is what you see, what the others see is what they see..point is not everyone see things in similar way
..and the same goes to the (3) judges of the PAC-JMMII fight.

PAC-JMMII will be forever a debate, but technically speaking PAC won "Split Decision" according to the "OFFICIAL" judges and for all those who opposed, well you have no choice but to swallow it. And moved on...

_________________
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:49 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:14 pm
Posts: 4215
dopors wrote:
To all who hated him. This is nonito growing up in bohol. Will he be putting this kind of picture if he doesn't remember his roots and how they used to live before. I got this from his website.
Image

Who is going to say here that this is a photo of an american child smiling? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:02 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:54 am
Posts: 9421
Location: VIVA MEXICO CABRONES!!!!
dopors wrote:
To all who hated him. This is nonito growing up in bohol. Will he be putting this kind of picture if he doesn't remember his roots and how they used to live before. I got this from his website.
Image


yeah, we poor guys who made it big can relate...

this is me growing up in monterrey mexico...

:biglaugh:

Image

_________________
systematically dismantling nuthuggers ;)

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group