Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:52 pm 
Light Heavyweight

While Donaire has a slim chance of equaling Pacquiao’s boxing record, he may after all be a better Filipino World Champion than Manny…for the following reasons:

Nonito has balls; recently he stood up to Arum while Pacquiao is an Arum stooge.

Nonito has an ordered life as a boxer whereas Pacquiao leads a chaotic life.

Nonito is focused in his career: Manny is into a lot of disparate activities often proving to be distractions to his boxing career, causing fans’ disappointment.

Nonito truly loves his fans: Pacquiao has forgotten his true fans, forces Pacland to shed its name, and does not even visit the website.

Nonito is in love with boxing: Pacquiao has lost much of his love for boxing because of politics and lately clerical interests.

Nonito is articulate in English which should endear him to Americans: Pacquiao according to some is unintelligible and incoherent in the language. He will be more appreciated with a translator helping him.

Nonito is simpler: Manny is a mishmash of dichotomies.

Nonito has Rachel who “marcials” (taekwondo expert) him into a disciplined, loving hubby: Pacquiao has Jinkee et al. He is a wayward husband who uses his fame and money to bed women who otherwise would not even cast a second glance at him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:43 pm 
Welterweight

nonito hasnt achieved what manny has achieved in money & fame. lets wait till the the two of them retire & then judge them who was the better world champion. if donaire is in manny's shoes i think he would be sick of boxing too. achieving so much would get you a little disinterested too. lets not forget all the happiness & pride manny brought us when he was still "in boxing". he also opened the doors for other talented boxers from the philippines in the united states.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:49 pm 
Middleweight

pranzer wrote:
While Donaire has a slim chance of equaling Pacquiao’s boxing record, he may after all be a better Filipino World Champion than Manny…for the following reasons:

Nonito has balls; recently he stood up to Arum while Pacquiao is an Arum stooge.

Nonito is focused in his career: Manny is into a lot of disparate activities often proving to be distractions to his boxing career, causing fans’ disappointment.

Nonito truly loves his fans: Pacquiao has forgotten his true fans, forces Pacland to shed its name, and does not even visit the website.

Nonito is in love with boxing: Pacquiao has lost much of his love for boxing because of politics and lately clerical interests.

Nonito is articulate in English which should endear him to Americans: Pacquiao according to some is unintelligible and incoherent in the language. He will be more appreciated with a translator helping him.

Nonito has Rachel who “marcials” (taekwondo expert) him into a disciplined, loving hubby: Pacquiao has Jinkee et al. He is a wayward husband who uses his fame and money to bed women who otherwise would not even cast a second glance at him.

Partida pa yan ha.

Trans: Pacman > Donaire 4ever

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:55 pm 
Cruiserweight

keep dreamin' TS keep dreaming and drooling

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:56 pm 
Welterweight

pacquiao has faults in his family life & so does nonito. so can we keep it in boxing?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:17 pm 
Welterweight

My neighbor observed: Nonito has a very loving, responsible parents/family that guided him in his formative years. Manny has none (being raised by a very poor, broken family) , , , but still manged to become great. Manny remain respectful to his estranged father, Nonito do not respect (according to several write-ups) his father/family. Manny shares his blessings to all. He is into several activities just to reach out less fortunate people. My neighbor added, he haven't heard of any charitable deed ND and rachel have done, they keep everything to themselves. etc., etc. etc. Forever PACLAND KAMI!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 pm 
Cruiserweight

The difference between Manny & DOnaire:

Manny = Humble effect vs. Donaire's = Pride

There is a big chance Nonito will surpass the PACMAN.

And the winner is:

EFREN BATA REYES = Oooops sorry wrong comparison BUT he is DOWN TO EARTH IN REALITY. Honest to his wife/Family/Friends and non-friends. Not taking advantage of his self being famous, and to everything = HONEST TO GOD.

HE IS A GREAT MAN and HE EVEN DOESNT KNOW THIS.........:)....Pacquiao and DOnaire and others was once just in sports. PERIOD...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:33 pm 
Light Heavyweight

cutie pie wrote:
keep dreamin' TS keep dreaming and drooling

I can smell the other handle.

Dream with me FAFA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

eugene24 wrote:
The difference between Manny & DOnaire:

Manny = Humble effect vs. Donaire's = Pride

There is a big chance Nonito will surpass the PACMAN.

And the winner is:

EFREN BATA REYES = Oooops sorry wrong comparison BUT he is DOWN TO EARTH IN REALITY. Honest to his wife/Family/Friends and non-friends. Not taking advantage of his self being famous, and to everything = HONEST TO GOD.

HE IS A GREAT MAN and HE EVEN DOESNT KNOW THIS.........:)....Pacquiao and DOnaire and others was once just in sports. PERIOD...

I like Bata. But we are in boxing land not in cue land.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:43 pm 
Light Heavyweight

vicus2005 wrote:
My neighbor observed: Nonito has a very loving, responsible parents/family that guided him in his formative years. Manny has none (being raised by a very poor, broken family) , , , but still manged to become great. Manny remain respectful to his estranged father, Nonito do not respect (according to several write-ups) his father/family. Manny shares his blessings to all. He is into several activities just to reach out less fortunate people. My neighbor added, he haven't heard of any charitable deed ND and rachel have done, they keep everything to themselves. etc., etc. etc. Forever PACLAND KAMI!

There were many good deeds by Nonito to his countrymen. Even if his erlier fights earned him only 100,000 dollars net he gave Php 1 M to some typhoon victims. That is approx. 25,000 dollars or 25% of his prize money. Manny also gave Php 1M plus some groceries from his eranings of 25 Million dollars. I think that Nonito has a bigger heart. Regarding his family feuds, I don't think that we are in a position to judge him because we do not really know the score.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:46 pm 
Flyweight

hate as much as you can.. in the end we all know the answer... 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Miron wrote:
pranzer wrote:

Partida pa yan ha.

Trans: Pacman > Donaire 4ever

Say that again after the Pacquiao-Marquez IV fight. Marquez' nutritionist is a PEDs designer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:10 pm 
Heavyweight

pranzer wrote:

...as a world boxing champ, you already acknowledged that nonito has a slim chance of equaling Pacquiao's accomplishments. in my book, he does not have a chance.

...as to the other reasons not related to their being world champs why include? this contradicts your thread. granting, you cannot compare their current situation. nonito being on the rise, while pacquiao is already on the retirement stage.

...as to their off-ring accomplishments, you are trying hard to compare the two. Pacquiao by far, has a lot.

let go of your hate and move on. myself, i've already moved on with the fact that boxing and boxing fans are no longer Pacquiao's priority of focus to please, but rather politics. to him, boxing and religion are both platforms to sustain his political aspirations as well as maintain his relevance.

Never argue with stup1d people here with lots of usernames mga iyaking "bob team members" mga yan. This is their Job, this is their turf and they will drag you down to their level of stup1dity just to instigate and increase responses.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:26 pm 
Welterweight

pranzer wrote:
vicus2005 wrote:

There were many good deeds by Nonito to his countrymen. Even if his erlier fights earned him only 100,000 dollars net he gave Php 1 M to some typhoon victims. That is approx. 25,000 dollars or 25% of his prize money. Manny also gave Php 1M plus some groceries from his eranings of 25 Million dollars. I think that Nonito has a bigger heart. Regarding his family feuds, I don't think that we are in a position to judge him because we do not really know the score.
what makes good a world champion?
number of successful title defenses?
number of weight classes he won a championship? or
is it how good he can speak english?
or how good of a husband he is?
or how good of a son he is?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:37 pm 
Lightweight

I admired his performance with Nishioka. He must continue to be aggressive and in best shape every time. I believe he will be great and I am happy he did not showboat this time. He must concentrate in dominating his opponent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next