Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:37 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

but that's cheating... it was illegal... :spray:
it was banned in 49 states,
but i think it’s legal in about 7 states or vice-versa anyway...
so it's for their decision. :)

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm 
Lightweight

galahad wrote:
theDon wrote:
    He said he is ready “to take as many fights as I can during the year and if I can do five, I will do five. I feel strong each time I get into the ring and each moment that I’m in the gym I just keep learning and learning and I like to fight.”

http://philboxing.com/news/story-78864.html

Donaire loves to fight, no doubt. But taking four fights (now five) in one year is just too much for his body. He needs to recuperate between fights, and his hand is a constant concern. He needs to be completely healed before he even starts training for a fight. "Rest days are critical to sports performance for a variety of reasons. Some are physiological and some are psychological. Rest is physically necessary so that the muscles can repair, rebuild and strengthen" (http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/samp ... covery.htm).

I believe it is best if he fights twice a year, so he has lots of time to rest and recover from boxing-related injuries. He no longer needs to fight that often because he is now the top dog, and fights come to him. He doesn't need to call out anybody anymore.

"So, Nonito, we love to see you fight, but come on, please allow your body to recuperate properly."

Of course Nonito "The Filipino Idol" Donaire can fight 4 times a year. He is a full-time boxer. That's what he do for a living. And he should get respect because of that.

You should not compare him to Menny Poohquiao who is a part time boxer, who disrespects the game by not giving it 100%. Truth be told, Poohquiao deserved what he got. Getting knocked the pac out should teach him a lesson.

Mabuhay Nonito "The Filipino Idol" Donaire! :)

haha l*s*!

where were when manny was winning? :lol: I bet you were sucking his balls on a different handle :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:52 pm 
Middleweight

He takes on easy opponents. He should fight ten times a year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 pm 
Heavyweight

lambda phi upsilon wrote:
He takes on easy opponents. He should fight ten times a year.

Easy? Let's see.

Donaire's list of victims (partial):

1. Toshiaki Nishioka
  • Number one super bantamweight in the world by The Ring
2. Wilfredo Vazquez Jr.
  • Defeated Pinoy world champion Marvin Sonsona to win the WBO Super Bantamweight title
3. Omar Andres Narvaez
  • Number one super flyweight in the world by The Ring
4. Fernando Montiel
  • Number seven fighter pound-for-pound in the world and the number one bantamweight according to The Ring
5. Vic Darchinyan
  • The fight earned the 2007 Ring Magazine Knockout of the Year and Upset of the Year.

You were saying "easy"? Haha.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:55 pm 
Cruiserweight

the only impressive victories of nonito was against darchi and montiel.

vasquez-- no amateur background, padded record, impressive win was against an old arce and a raw sonsona.

narvaez - superfly champ, undersized bantamweight

mathebula - tall, feather fisted

nishioka - coming from a one year layoff..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 am 
Heavyweight

gabbi wrote:
the only impressive victories of nonito was against darchi and montiel.

vasquez-- no amateur background, padded record, impressive win was against an old arce and a raw sonsona.

narvaez - superfly champ, undersized bantamweight

mathebula - tall, feather fisted

nishioka - coming from a one year layoff..

Why not include Darchinyan and Montiel, bro?

Darchinyan - no defense, chinny

Montiel - tailor-made for Donaire, overrated

Lubusin mo na.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:15 am 
Cruiserweight

i was impressed by nonito when he defeated darchi and montiel.. you have any problem with that?!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:06 am 
Heavyweight

I think fighting four times again next year is doable but five might be too much, he hardly broke a sweat in the Arce fight and can fight again at the end of February then he can fight in May then August then finally November...he needs to maximize his physical prime and take as many lucrative and big fights that he can. 8)

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 am 
Cruiserweight

fil79 wrote:
I think fighting four times again next year is doable but five might be too much, he hardly broke a sweat in the Arce fight and can fight again at the end of February then he can fight in May then August then finally November...he needs to maximize his physical prime and take as many lucrative and big fights that he can. 8)

if he takes his opponents out as easily as he dealt with Arce, then I guess he won't have problems taking on 10 fights next year.. I think he could even have fought another guy that night... :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:36 am 
Heavyweight

Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
fil79 wrote:

if he takes his opponents out as easily as he dealt with Arce, then I guess he won't have problems taking on 10 fights next year.. I think he could even have fought another guy that night... :D

true that! 8) :D

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:54 am 
Heavyweight

fil79 wrote:
Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
fil79 wrote:

I like how his right hand has really become a weapon. I hope he adds body shots more to his arsenal. May also help prevent damage to his hands.

He looks destined for greatness as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:32 am 
Cruiserweight

fil79 wrote:
Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
fil79 wrote:

Nonito should have been the replacement for Rigo's opponent! He should have fought Rigo after his warmup with Arce... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:42 am 
Cruiserweight

Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
fil79 wrote:

true that! 8) :D[/quote]

Nonito should have been the replacement for Rigo's opponent! He should have fought Rigo after his warmup with Arce... :lol:[/quote]

nice and good riddance... :)

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:44 am 
Middleweight

4 mediocre fights that is... no biggie :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:37 am 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
It's just fine because his fights don't go the distance.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next