Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:48 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JMM vs EM both on their primes who wins and the reasons why these two mexican warriors never faced each other on their prime?

time

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 pm 
Welterweight

Morales... by close UD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 pm 
Heavyweight

MOrales for me too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:53 pm 
Heavyweight

I would go to EM for this one both are technical fighter like Pac EM has one of the best chin/jaw in the industry if they will go toe to toe JMM has a big problem but knowing JMM as
counter puncher this might frustrate EM being a brawler 8)

A decision for EM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:53 pm 
Middleweight

Marquez in making his case for possibly one of the very best mexican fighters of all time.

Not by much but I definitely think he edges Morales, Barrera, & Chavez in their prime.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:28 pm 
Light Heavyweight

joey_ed27 wrote:
Marquez in making his case for possibly one of the very best mexican fighters of all time.

Not by much but I definitely think he edges Morales, Barrera, & Chavez in their prime.

Barrera beats JMM ,, watch the fight again...

CATCHY IT AINT ???

Our universe is one of the Billion universes out there.......

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:30 pm 
Lightweight

In a fight like this, i would have to go with jmm. When two great fighters get in the ring, you have to look at why these two fighters are different. Imo jmm has the better defense and ill explain why i believe this. In a 20 year career, jmm has rarely been beat up and as we all know hes never been knocked out. Morales has been both beat up and ko'd. When you look at both of their careers, jmm to me is the more disciplined fighter. Till this day i havent seen him out of shape or out classed on fight night. He doesnt gain too much weight between fights and regardless if hes fighting or not hes always in the gym training. Imo jmm has the advantage on fight night because this discipline carries over to fight night by making him less likely to make a big mistake. We all know jmm is a patient tactician and i just dont see morales keeping his composure in this high profile dream fight. Ill take jmm in a close decision. Morales will get to impatient and jmm capitalizes with combinations. Morales is a tough fighter and i do see him giving jmm problems. Barrera out boxed morales and i think the same will happen if he fights jmm.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

JMM was beaten clearly by barrera and there was no rematch because JMMs manager knows they will lose for sure in reality.

JMM has BIG PROBLEM on TALLER GUYZ esp. Morales who is a brilliant boxer thatswhy there was no fight that happen.

JMM vs. Pacman part4 was totally crap FIXED FIGHT. If still you wont believe it and you insist that JMM has loaded gloves in reality??? THEN LET HIM FIGHT COTTO, MARGARITO, CLOTTEY and let us see what will happen to him. and NO TOP RANK pls. involve.....JMM has very very very big problem with TALLER GUYZ and thats for sure. Chris JOhn did ate JMM alive by just punching. You think JMM can handle the above names that pacman has slaughtered convincingly???// And you wont believe the part 4 was a very very FIXED FIGHT???OMG..wke up people.Its all because of money. Now part 5 and 6, 1000000...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:33 am 
Light Heavyweight

eugene24 wrote:
JMM was beaten clearly by barrera and there was no rematch because JMMs manager knows they will lose for sure in reality.

JMM has BIG PROBLEM on TALLER GUYZ esp. Morales who is a brilliant boxer thatswhy there was no fight that happen.

JMM vs. Pacman part4 was totally crap FIXED FIGHT. If still you wont believe it and you insist that JMM has loaded gloves in reality??? THEN LET HIM FIGHT COTTO, MARGARITO, CLOTTEY and let us see what will happen to him. and NO TOP RANK pls. involve.....JMM has very very very big problem with TALLER GUYZ and thats for sure. Chris JOhn did ate JMM alive by just punching. You think JMM can handle the above names that pacman has slaughtered convincingly???// And you wont believe the part 4 was a very very FIXED FIGHT???OMG..wke up people.Its all because of money. Now part 5 and 6, 1000000...

no one will risk thier lives with that kind of brutal punishment they suffered. Marquezs face and nose were badly hit and devastated. Pacquiaos KOd is life threathening and could have a very dangerous effect on his brain later. He is almost dead a couple of minutes and was senseless.

The KD in the third might be fixed but the KOd in the sixth is very real as shown in the slomo.

I just dont know if that slomo can be edited to deviate from its actual footage.

If the answer is yes, then it could have been fixed. Though i have not watched the fight live at MGM, im sure that even those at the ringside cannot have that slomo version usiog their naked eye. Im also not sure if all the photographers and camera menn who were taking pictures and videos of the fight were all from top rank and HBO so that they can manipulate all the recording and still images of the fight.

time

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:37 am 
Light Heavyweight

JMM because of his counter-punching skills. EM is a brawler and JMM will just counter him left and right.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:44 am 
Cruiserweight

i would go for Morales... he can counter as well... the difference between Erik and Pac is that Erik doesn't leave himself open like Pac... it would be a good fight though..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:47 am 
Heavyweight

jamsky wrote:
JMM because of his counter-punching skills. EM is a brawler and JMM will just counter him left and right.

JMM wins imo too.
EM's best asset was his size. Fkk would come in 3 divisions heavier on fight night. Who knows how long he's been taking clenbuterol ?
EM plodded forward and would have walked inside JMM's pocket.
JMM had no problems with grinders and brawlers ( Juarez, MAB, Thai dude ).
He had problems with movers and slicksters.
Styles make fights.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:32 am 
Light Heavyweight

Featherweight: Morales
Lightweight: Marquez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 am 
Cruiserweight

mauragon wrote:
eugene24 wrote:

no one will risk thier lives with that kind of brutal punishment they suffered. Marquezs face and nose were badly hit and devastated. Pacquiaos KOd is life threathening and could have a very dangerous effect on his brain later. He is almost dead a couple of minutes and was senseless.

he KD in the third might be fixed but the KOd in the sixth is very real as shown in the slomo.

I just dont know if that slomo can be edited to deviate from its actual footage.

If the answer is yes, then it could have been fixed. Though i have not watched the fight live at MGM, im sure that even those at the ringside cannot have that slomo version usiog their naked eye. Im also not sure if all the photographers and camera menn who were taking pictures and videos of the fight were all from top rank and HBO so that they can manipulate all the recording and still images of the fight.

EVERY BOXER is risking already their lives once they step up in the ring..Which also means= whatever consequences will happen, even if it fixed a fight...So, you think Uncle Bob Arum, Chavit singson or wacky Salud, lose Billions on that fight????Whatabout a single centavo?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 am 
Cruiserweight

eugene24 wrote:
mauragon wrote:
eugene24 wrote:

he KD in the third might be fixed but the KOd in the sixth is very real as shown in the slomo.

EVERY BOXER is risking already their lives once they step up in the ring..Which also means= whatever consequences will happen, even if it fixed a fight...So, you think Uncle Bob Arum, Chavit singson or wacky Salud, lose Billions on that fight????Whatabout a single centavo?

And everyone who is not convince that its not a fixed fight will definitely watch part 5 even part 6....Because FLoydy wont buy the part 4 fight...:)