Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:13 am 
Heavyweight

Carl Frampton won the WBO Interim Featherweight title with a 12-round unanimous decision over former 4-divison champion Nonito Donaire at the SSE Arena in Belfast, Ireland. Frampton won on all cards 117-111 and is now 25-1. Donaire is now 38-5.

click for more

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:36 am 
Flyweight

Nonito Donaire lost to Frampton fair and square and it looks like age might have finally caught up with Nonito. I was expecting that but still felt sad about the outcome. It might be time for you to retire, Nonito, after having made your country proud for more than a decade. Thanks very much, Nonito. God bless you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:45 am 
Cruiserweight

Yup! He couldn't pull the trigger not because he's older but he was ill-prepared. His timing was way off. That's what happens when a boxer skimps on training camp/team members to save money (read: cheap). In fact he's been doing that for a while now but this recent outing is the worst. Manning his corner: a wannabe-boxing-trainer conditioning coach who has no boxing experience at all and a wife who's got some belt from some boutique martial arts school in a mall and thinks she knows boxing. Gimme a break! Add to that Donaire's obsession with headhunting. He didn't even throw a single deliberate and meaningful combination. There was never a plan.

I think he's just cashing in and squeezing more pay checks using his name/record while he still could. There's nothing wrong with that if money is more of a priority than legacy...until you get hurt real bad. I think Pac is kinda in the same boat especially the skimping on the quality of his training camp/team and thinks that Baboy would be an inexpensive substitute.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

kulukuy wrote:
Yup! He couldn't pull the trigger not because he's older but he was ill-prepared. His timing was way off. That's what happens when a boxer skimps on training camp/team members to save money (read: cheap). In fact he's been doing that for a while now but this recent outing is the worst. Manning his corner: a wannabe-boxing-trainer conditioning coach who has no boxing experience at all and a wife who's got some belt from some boutique martial arts school in a mall and thinks she knows boxing. Gimme a break! Add to that Donaire's obsession with headhunting. He didn't even throw a single deliberate and meaningful combination. There was never a plan.

I think he's just cashing in and squeezing more pay checks using his name/record while he still could. There's nothing wrong with that if money is more of a priority than legacy...until you get hurt real bad. I think Pac is kinda in the same boat especially the skimping on the quality of his training camp/team and thinks that Baboy would be an inexpensive substitute.

A-t-u-a-l-l-y who is Baboy ? Is he deeee aaaah pat angel ? Da wey he look now, might be aaaah expecting anoder weight loss contest :lol:

Last edited by YO on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:09 am 
Cruiserweight

It was a Freudian slip. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Donaire is now 35 yrs.old.Majority of boxers & basketball players reaching
this age are considered to be nearing the point of "a has been."
Pacquao is 39 & should had hung up his gloves but for monetary reason, he refuses to do so.
Both can't pull the trigger anymore.Nonito isn't fit to brawl at 126.
Pac is a small welter reason why he can't ko the big welters in this division.
He might end up on the canvass again vs Matthsse. ( hope i'm wrong )
These two are our great fighters & we're trully proud of them,
But time for them to retire now to save their health & lives.
And concentrate taking care of their beautiful wives - Rachel & Jinkee respectively. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:23 pm 
Heavyweight

I've always said it before, isn't it so obvious that Donaire doesn't belong in featherweight ? At least Ed de la Vega sees it.

Donaire can continue, but he should go down in weight and stop his lofty ambition of moving up. Furthermore, he should be more selective in his opponent, a good name but someone that will suit his style. Evan Pacman gave up on super welterweight.

If he can go down to bantamweight again, he would be fine. Inoue and Tete are waiting ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:18 am 
Cruiserweight

Based on records, Donaire wasn't really that much in danger of getting seriously hurt against Frampton but Lucas' KO percentage should be a concern to Pac not to mention the size/body mass difference.

In the back of my head, I've been pondering why ODLH has been so keen in making this fight happen. I can't shake the feeling that as a boxer himself, he knows that Matthysse could very well beat the chit outa Pac, KTFO and consequently retire him. Oscar would then get his revenge against Pac by living vicariously through Lucas' manhandling of Pac. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:48 am 
Cruiserweight

YO wrote:
kulukuy wrote:

A-t-u-a-l-l-y who is Baboy ? Is he deeee aaaah pat angel ? Da wey he look now, might be aaaah expecting anoder weight loss contest :lol:

Again, it was a Freudian slip on my part (sorry, I failed to quote your post in my first reply). I think that's what he's only good for...being the clown in Pac's circus. Other than that, he's really got nothing to offer. And why is he interpreting between Roach and Pac in the corner? What for? I could never make sense of that because his "binaboy" English (and his comprehension of it) is worse that Pac's. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

A-c-t-u-a-l-l-y it is ok. You seem to aaaah hab a prediction dat what will happen to Nonito will happen to Pacquito. Please excuse my typos a-l-s-o. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:51 am 
Middleweight

Taga_Cavite wrote:
Nonito Donaire lost to Frampton fair and square and it looks like age might have finally caught up with Nonito. I was expecting that but still felt sad about the outcome. It might be time for you to retire, Nonito, after having made your country proud for more than a decade. Thanks very much, Nonito. God bless you.

Thank you Nonito! You have made us PROUD! Now it's time to ride towards the sunset and just enjoy it, you deserved it!