Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:15 pm 
Cruiserweight

Inoue is a pressure all attack fighter with heavy hands. I remember Nonits wilting under the relentless attack of Walters before. How shoukd Nonito pull it against Inoue?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:28 pm 
Welterweight

Just my observation...More jabs to set-up bigger punches. Nonito as always wants the one punch ko. Nonito also needs to improve his defense...more head movement because Inoue is a hard hitter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:39 am 
Cruiserweight

manila ice wrote:
Just my observation...More jabs to set-up bigger punches. Nonito as always wants the one punch ko. Nonito also needs to improve his defense...more head movement because Inoue is a hard hitter.

Nice observation bro. Thats what scares me. Nonito's defence amd head movement needs to improve. Once Inoue sneaks in his multiple power punches Nonits might not be able to setup his left hook and could be an early night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:04 pm 
Middleweight

Very tough, almost impossible fight for Nonito. I can only wish him luck. Nonito has to be a boxer here. More jabs, footwork and precision punching. I am praying for Nonito to at least finish the fight standing and win rounds one at a time. My prediction: Inoue wins but hope Nonito survive the fight not hurt and hope the fight is so close that it is not humiliating to Nonito.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

Naoya Inoue is not walters.
Naoya Inoue is a batamweight
walters is a big featherweight, can even be considered a lightwieght at fighnight.
donaire has only been badly hurt and stop once in his 45 pro fights and it was only against walters.
We and Naoya Inoue might in for a big surprise at fighnight.
Dont forget to buy your bet tickets folks as nonito is a big underdog at this point in time. the odds might be closer as the fight nears.

time

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:30 am 
Welterweight

mauragon wrote:
walters is a big featherweight, can even be considered a lightwieght at fighnight.
donaire has only been badly hurt and stop once in his 45 pro fights and it was only against walters.
Dont forget to buy your bet tickets folks as nonito is a big underdog at this point in time. the odds might be closer as the fight nears.

Don’t let your emotions cloud your judgement. Nonito is still good and has power. But every top fighter he fights, he always loses to:

Jesse Magdaleno

Carl Frampton

Guillermo Rigondeaux

Don’t tell me he has a chance against Inoue simply because he’s smaller. He is also a top skilled boxer, unlike Walters

Nonito has a chance....only a lucky punch. And that’s a very small to no chance.

Nonito is easily outboxed by the top boxers.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:09 pm 
Strawweight

Subversive wrote:
mauragon wrote:

Don’t let your emotions cloud your judgement. Nonito is still good and has power. But every top fighter he fights, he always loses to:

Jesse Magdaleno

Carl Frampton

Guillermo Rigondeaux

Don’t tell me he has a chance against Inoue simply because he’s smaller. He is also a top skilled boxer, unlike Walters

Nonito has a chance....only a lucky punch. And that’s a very small to no chance.

Nonito is easily outboxed by the top boxers.

That's too harsh. Every top fighter? Im pretty sure donaire fought a lot of bigger names than the likes of magdaleno and walters

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:15 pm 
Strawweight

Nonito needs to fight as a counter puncher and bait inoue into making mistakes. He should also employ the jab more and increase his head movement. Actually improve his overall defense cause few hits from inoue can cut him as he has soft skin. He should not also fight under the mentality that since he's the bigger fighter he should try to overpower inoue.

To be honest im not giving him any chances against inoue since i don't really know how much he's still got courtesy of his easy way into the finals. Sure he's game against burnett but who knows what could've happened if it didn't got stopped early and who here actually expected young to even remotely pose a threat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 am 
Heavyweight

Nonito has to fight smart. He used to be a really smart boxer, but turned into a one-punch KO artist. He needs to go back in time to Darchinyan-1 form, where he boxed really well.

Btw, the fight is in Japan, so Nonito has to win by KO or it has to be so lopsided that the judges have to give it to him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:32 am 
Welterweight

Boss, not even the mighty powers of Quiboloy could stop Donaire from getting KTFO DUNO style lol

Nonito should just hope and pray for his own health. I fear for his safety

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:55 am 
Bantamweight

Just don't go like a bull using your head as defense like Duno. Give yourself a chance to play with your experience and may be you'll get Inoue with your legendary left hook. Just one good shot could maybe change the outcome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:01 pm 
Cruiserweight

Fight Picks: Naoya Inoue vs. Nonito Donaire
FINAL TALLY
23-2 in favor of Inoue

go go go Nonitalo este Nonito prove em wrong mistake :lol:

:bounce1:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:24 pm 
Middleweight

The.Equalizer wrote:
Fight Picks: Naoya Inoue vs. Nonito Donaire
FINAL TALLY
23-2 in favor of Inoue

go go go Nonitalo este Nonito prove em wrong mistake :lol:

:bounce1:

Nonito all the way baby!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:59 pm 
Lightweight

Inoue has never fought a fighter with Donaire's caliber, experience is in Nonito's side and he is smart fighter and has power, if he can tamed Inoue's attack in the first six rounds then he has a big chance of getting an upset, remember Tyson vs Buster,Ali vs Foreman fights, Tyson and Foreman are known of there vaunted devastating power at that time but they were tamed by their respective opponents, and I am also expecting that Donaire will deliver the same tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:20 pm 
Heavyweight

techboy wrote:
Inoue has never fought a fighter with Donaire's caliber, experience is in Nonito's side and he is smart fighter and has power, if he can tamed Inoue's attack in the first six rounds then he has a big chance of getting an upset, remember Tyson vs Buster,Ali vs Foreman fights, Tyson and Foreman are known of there vaunted devastating power at that time but they were tamed by their respective opponents, and I am also expecting that Donaire will deliver the same tomorrow night.

Really hoping Donaire’s experience and power will get him the KO.