Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

Flash Jackson wrote:
PrimaVera wrote:
He should not be even in the top 5 greatest filipino of all time...even in the top ten will be even difficult for him...

Hahahaha Funny joke! You made my day. I know you're just joking. LOL :lol: :lol:

You know deep inside your heart that Rolando is easily in the top 4, even though you don't agree with me that he is number one. Again, thanks for the joke. :lol:

Come on, whom did he beat of significance that made you think he is the greatest of all time? As I have told you, Ben Villaflor was even greater than him and yet Ben Villaflor is not even mentioned in that list.

I am not joking but I am pretty sure you are a big joke to me...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

SUPERWOOFER wrote:
PrimaVera wrote:
Nah, I don't think Pancho Villa was greater than the PacMan. He was great, no doubt about it but PacMan is greater. The only difference is that Pancho Villa was dead and PacMan is still boxing.

Once he beat MAB again, there is no doubt he is the greatest of all time.

I don't think you've checked Pancho Villa's accomplishments. Pacman is nowhere Pancho Villa's accomplishments. Pancho Villa died at the age of 24 with 105 professional fights. He knocked out Jimmy Wilde who is #15 in ESPN's 50 All Time Greats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llN-6B4pPNQ

But Jimmy Wilde was not on his prime when he fought Pancho Villa. Not trying to demean Pancho Villa's achievement but, except for Jimmy Wilde (who was not on his prime already when they fought and on the comeback trail) and amount of fights (which was common at that time. Not anymore in this time and age), who else did he beat of significance and on the same level of Jim Wilde?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:42 pm 
Cruiserweight

el_niño_misutoy wrote:
PrimaVera wrote:
Nah, I don't think Pancho Villa was greater than the PacMan. He was great, no doubt about it but PacMan is greater. The only difference is that Pancho Villa was dead and PacMan is still boxing.

Once he beat MAB again, there is no doubt he is the greatest of all time.

1.) Pancho Villa
2.) Flash Elorde
3.) Pacman (maybe)
4.) Espinosa
5.) Navarette

Beating MAB is no longer a great accomplishment. He beat him once and he has much faded now. Pacman could be numero uno if he beat JMM, Guzman and Valero or Soto.

1.) PacMan
2.) Flash Elorde
3.) Pancho Villa
4.) Espinosa
5.) Ben Villaflor

PacMan beat the biggest name in modern boxing MAB, EM and JMM (officially draw but one judge admitted he made a mistake and should have given the win for PacMan if not for that mistake). Also, two-division world champion and the only pinoy to be in the Ring Magazine's P4P rating........

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:40 pm 
Heavyweight

1. Pacman
2. Elorde
3. Garcia
4. Villa
5. Espinosa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:01 am 
Light Heavyweight

My top 5 list:
1. Francisco "Pancho Villa" Gulledo
2. Flash "Elorde" Gabriel
3. Luisito "Lindol" Espinosa
4. Rolando Navarrette
5. Manny Pacquiao

And to all of you who do not agree with Pancho Villa..He's done way more than you guys might or may expect, but he's only been in the game for a couple of years, and he won over 70 bouts..He was Phillippines, and Asia's first great boxer of all time.. He died right when he reached fame..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:53 am 
Welterweight

http://www.sportzhypeboxing.com/2010/01 ... f-all.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:21 am 
Middleweight

video link not existing....