Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:20 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:36 am 
Light Heavyweight

watch this show i found on Youtube and please comment if you agree or disagree with their top 5 lists. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGvC4H5 ... er&search=

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:06 am 
Light Heavyweight

i agree that pancho villa is still the greatest flip boxer aff all time. pacman, 2nd. manny is still fighting. if he can unify the alphabet belts in his division, im pretty sure that he will be considered as the greates of all time. no asian fighter have been a champion on three different weight class. i expect that manny to be the first one to achieve it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:47 am 
Light Heavyweight

yeah, i agree Pancho Villa opened up the gates for Asian fighters to fight in the U.S. and i believe he was inducted in the Hall of Fame.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:01 am 
Cruiserweight

Nah, I don't think Pancho Villa was greater than the PacMan. He was great, no doubt about it but PacMan is greater. The only difference is that Pancho Villa was dead and PacMan is still boxing.

Once he beat MAB again, there is no doubt he is the greatest of all time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:36 am 
Light Heavyweight

Rolando Navarette was the greatest of all time. I don't understand why so many all time greatest lists are so biased against him. If he were in his prime to today, he would give a boxing lesson to Manny Pacquiao for 8 rounds then KO him with his thunderous right hook in the 9th. Lando was extremely fast, and very quick, yet astonishingly powerful. He was also very clever and knew how to fight moving forward and moving backward. Pound for pound, he would have out boxed Pancho Villa and KO Elorde. Never forget the name NAVARETTE!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:23 am 
Heavyweight

Nice vid! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:53 pm 
Welterweight

PrimaVera wrote:
Nah, I don't think Pancho Villa was greater than the PacMan. He was great, no doubt about it but PacMan is greater. The only difference is that Pancho Villa was dead and PacMan is still boxing.

1.) Pancho Villa
2.) Flash Elorde
3.) Pacman (maybe)
4.) Espinosa
5.) Navarette

Beating MAB is no longer a great accomplishment. He beat him once and he has much faded now. Pacman could be numero uno if he beat JMM, Guzman and Valero or Soto.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:33 pm 
Welterweight

Flash Jackson wrote:
Rolando Navarette was the greatest of all time. I don't understand why so many all time greatest lists are so biased against him. If he were in his prime to today, he would give a boxing lesson to Manny Pacquiao for 8 rounds then KO him with his thunderous right hook in the 9th. Lando was extremely fast, and very quick, yet astonishingly powerful. He was also very clever and knew how to fight moving forward and moving backward. Pound for pound, he would have out boxed Pancho Villa and KO Elorde. Never forget the name NAVARETTE!!!!!

For the first time I did not laugh at your Joke. You took a risk and it did not work.. sorry my answer is "NO"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:38 pm 
Lightweight

PrimaVera wrote:

I don't think you've checked Pancho Villa's accomplishments. Pacman is nowhere Pancho Villa's accomplishments. Pancho Villa died at the age of 24 with 105 professional fights. He knocked out Jimmy Wilde who is #15 in ESPN's 50 All Time Greats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llN-6B4pPNQ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:56 pm 
Welterweight

SUPERWOOFER wrote:
PrimaVera wrote:

I don't think you've checked Pancho Villa's accomplishments. Pacman is nowhere Pancho Villa's accomplishments. Pancho Villa died at the age of 24 with 105 professional fights. He knocked out Jimmy Wilde who is #15 in ESPN's 50 All Time Greats.

I think I have his fight vs. Jimmy Wilde in my library... His over hand right is devastating.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

el_niño_misutoy wrote:
SUPERWOOFER wrote:
PrimaVera wrote:

I think I have his fight vs. Jimmy Wilde in my library... His over hand right is devastating.[/quote

i think right now, pancho villa is still the greatest. after barerra and jmm victories, there is no doubt pacman will be considered as the greatest of all time. NO ASIAN FIGHTER ever been a champion on three different divisions. pacquiao needs the WBC SUPERFEATHERWEIGHT TITLE! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:22 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Flash Jackson wrote:

navarette is number 4 to me :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

abdominal shot wrote:
Flash Jackson wrote:

navarette is number 4 to me :D

Not even on my list, perhaps on the blacklisted boxers there you'll find NAVARETTE'S name.... :?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

Flash Jackson wrote:

greatest of all time my asssss.....he was beaten by alexis arguello via TKO and could not even beat Rafael Bazooka Limon and lost by TKO...he was almost beaten by that korean boxer in his first defense of his title in Manila....obviously you don't know what you are talking about. Ben Villaflor was even much better than him. He should not be even in the top 5 greatest filipino of all time...even in the top ten will be even difficult for him...

Greatest filipino boxer of all time my ASSSSS!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

PrimaVera wrote:
He should not be even in the top 5 greatest filipino of all time...even in the top ten will be even difficult for him...

Hahahaha Funny joke! You made my day. I know you're just joking. LOL :lol: :lol:

You know deep inside your heart that Rolando is easily in the top 4, even though you don't agree with me that he is number one. Again, thanks for the joke. :lol: