Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:21 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:46 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 1802
Location: (630), Illinois
Summary: (1923)
Francisco "Pancho Villa" Guilledo vs Jimmy Wilde for featherweight title. Its really funny how boxing hasn't change much from Pancho's day. It's boring at first, and I had doubts about him as a boxer. But when you get to round 5-7, its action packed. Pancho is super agressive and has wild punches, and he takes almost EVERY blow from his opponent, but looks like he never feels it, and immediately counters. This vid is the evidence of his supremacy. quality is not so good, considering its from the 20's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0vbcfPa6_JU

_________________
be_still wrote:
manny loves krista because the name was taken from the name of Christ in tagalog KRISTO. and because the father of KRISTA take the role of Christ in a film. that's why manny loves so much KRISTA!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:10 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 1802
Location: (630), Illinois
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4aODu-IwG18

another one vs Johnny Buff

_________________
be_still wrote:
manny loves krista because the name was taken from the name of Christ in tagalog KRISTO. and because the father of KRISTA take the role of Christ in a film. that's why manny loves so much KRISTA!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:03 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 24580
Location: Just here in front of my computer
Too bad, Pancho Villa died at an early age because of the lack of antibiotics last time. He was the greatest flyweight ever.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:17 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 7:10 pm
Posts: 647
Location: bataan
Francisco"Pancho Villa" Guilledo a pinoy boxing hall of fame legend, died in 1925 of Ludwig"s angina,throat cavity caused by decaying teeth and gum.He was only 23 and the reigning world flyweight title holder.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:27 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:35 am
Posts: 9250
Chrome wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4aODu-IwG18

another one vs Johnny Buff


Thanks for the link, bro. That was real fast action . . . especially, the referee. Or, was I watching it in fast-forward? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:38 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22578
Location: Paradise
jorge 7 wrote:
Francisco"Pancho Villa" Guilledo a pinoy boxing hall of fame legend, died in 1925 of Ludwig"s angina,throat cavity caused by decaying teeth and gum.He was only 23 and the reigning world flyweight title holder.

Pretty sad.
He was my grampa's idol b/c he was an Ilonggo.
Sadly Pancho was buried in a pauper's burial.
Was later transferred to a better burial when he was elected into the hall of fame.
He was the first Asian to be inducted into the hall of fame.
Jimmy Wilde is still regarded as the best flyweight of all time despite his loss to Pancho.
For all intensive purposes, Jimmy Wilde was retired before he fought Pancho.
Pancho also lost to Frank Genaro b4 fighting Wilde.
Why Pancho's manager pitted Pancho against a much bigger Jimmy Mclarnin ( who would later become a WELTER champ ) is almost beyond me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:38 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6522
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
Chrome wrote:
Summary: (1923)
Francisco "Pancho Villa" Guilledo vs Jimmy Wilde for featherweight title. Its really funny how boxing hasn't change much from Pancho's day. It's boring at first, and I had doubts about him as a boxer. But when you get to round 5-7, its action packed. Pancho is super agressive and has wild punches, and he takes almost EVERY blow from his opponent, but looks like he never feels it, and immediately counters. This vid is the evidence of his supremacy. quality is not so good, considering its from the 20's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0vbcfPa6_JU


Thanks for the video. Pancho Villa, the Filipino who started it all... :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:39 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:51 pm
Posts: 1552
Chrome wrote:
Summary: (1923)
Francisco "Pancho Villa" Guilledo vs Jimmy Wilde for featherweight title. Its really funny how boxing hasn't change much from Pancho's day. It's boring at first, and I had doubts about him as a boxer. But when you get to round 5-7, its action packed. Pancho is super agressive and has wild punches, and he takes almost EVERY blow from his opponent, but looks like he never feels it, and immediately counters. This vid is the evidence of his supremacy. quality is not so good, considering its from the 20's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0vbcfPa6_JU

Thanks, nice dig :D

_________________
http://speedtest.net/result/1390527856.png


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:44 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:27 pm
Posts: 184
thanks for the share mate!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:46 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:57 am
Posts: 159
Location: dubai, UAE
guys PLEASE include also CEFERINO GARCIA in this forum even though he is not a hall of famer boxer but he fought the GREETEST HENRY ARMSTRONG and it was mention by LARRY MERCHANTS in pacman cotto fight, if someone can get also a video link of CEFERINO GARCIA vs HENRY ARMSTRONG fight, kindly post it in this forum also....and guys Im new in your forum site. Im a filipino working here in dubai....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:51 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:19 am
Posts: 6219
Location: 37°14′06″N 115°48′40″W
ito ba yung dinurahan niya yung kanong babae?

_________________
JOLogZ manood ka na lang ng pinoy extreme channel yun ang tunay na pba
hindi asa sa import.at yung mga import ginugulpi ng pinoy
di tulad ngayon ninakawan mo yung customer mo,nagwala akala nasa sariling bansa nanapak ng pulis at umupo dun sa desk blotter


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group