Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:57 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:39 am 

Dennis is through to the quarterfinals. He took out Enrique Rojas Contreras, 11 games to 3.

Here's the quarterfinal match-ups:

Chang Jung-Lin vs. Johnny Archer
Liu Haitao vs. Yukio Akagariyama
Darren Appleton vs. Brandon Shuff
Marcus Chamat vs. Dennis Orcullo

Players' Bracket --> http://worldgames2013.sportresult.com/N ... /BIM002000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:45 am 
Heavyweight

one thing that shane van boening has one thing in common with dennis orcollo is that
he too practices billiards 8 to 12 hours a day. shane also takes a lot of time practicing
on breaks alone, that's why you'll notice that he's making good every time he breaks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:32 pm 
Heavyweight

observer wrote:
nycsk8ter wrote:

it's hot debate and your all wrong!!! spewing fire? really? ironic? show your facts!!!... shane's just prove my point he just spew his own flame and -bullshit or not his consistency always get the best of our boys and our boys need to be on top of his consistency to beat him if his break is his effective weapon then work on your break but for biado there's no shame on losing to Shane he'll crack him next time. guarantee!!

Dennis Orcullo just took him out of the 10 ball competition. He was nowhere to be found in the one pocket
competition, were he was the favorite. The Pinoys? They just finished 1-3-5-9, they don't even play this game.

He lost to Ronnie Alcano numerous times, in tournaments and in money games. Alex and Django broke him in a race
to 100 money match, winner take all. He even lost to Warren Kiamco in the Barbox final. So you better stop your sh*t
before I stop it for you, I really hope you get my drift this time...

thanks bro. masyado kasing nagmamagaling yung isang pikon na penoy dyan eh. ayan, pahiya tuloy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

trans: hot-headedness and spokening bad words in english does not make you smart. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:33 pm 
Heavyweight

dominic wrote:
one thing that shane van boening has one thing in common with dennis orcollo is that
he too practices billiards 8 to 12 hours a day. shane also takes a lot of time practicing
on breaks alone, that's why you'll notice that he's making good every time he breaks.

you can't practice power. if you have it, you have it. if you don't, you don't.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:08 pm 
Heavyweight

MIC TYSON wrote:
dominic wrote:

you can't practice power. if you have it, you have it. if you don't, you don't.

in breaks, it's not always about power cos if you'd notice, a lot of good players now are applying the "soft break", even our very own pinoy power break player django, is practicing it. if you've been watching billiard games of these top notch players when they're at play and listening to the billiard commentators, you'd probably know what i mean.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:17 pm 
Cruiserweight

soft break now is illegal... if you break now... two or three balls must pass the break line... i remember this coz i watch a WPC held here in our country where a certain player intentionally soften his break to make some balls in the pocket... after that event they changed the break rules which it is now... :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:05 pm 

BGKFans4Ever wrote:
soft break now is illegal... if you break now... two or three balls must pass the break line... i remember this coz i watch a WPC held here in our country where a certain player intentionally soften his break to make some balls in the pocket... after that event they changed the break rules which it is now... :)

It depends on who's running the show. Some tournaments will have a combination of at least 3 balls pocketed and/or has to get past the side pockets, some prefer the harder one, a combination of at least 3 balls passing the headstring and/or pocketed...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:10 pm 
Heavyweight

BGKFans4Ever wrote:

i think it depends upon the tournament's organizers if they'd allow soft break or not. some of the games i saw in 9 balls, they would consider it illegal break if three balls didn't cross the headstring upon break. but try to watch the "2013 US BAR TABLE championship 9 BALLS FINAL: dennis orcollo vs shane van boening". you'll notice that both were employing the soft breaks. so i think it really depends upon the tournament organizer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:25 am 
Heavyweight

observer wrote:
BGKFans4Ever wrote:

It depends on who's running the show. Some tournaments will have a combination of at least 3 balls pocketed and/or has to get past the side pockets, some prefer the harder one, a combination of at least 3 balls passing the headstring and/or pocketed...

I think Corey is to blame for this since he is finding out ways on exploiting some loopholes on the rules. I knew what Corey did is within the rules, but he sure did f-u-c-k-ed up the games that they are becoming ugly to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:01 pm 

Quarterfinal results:

Chang Jung-Lin -11 Johnny Archer - 8
Liu Haitao - 11 Yukio Akagariyama - 7
Darren Appleton - 11 Brandon Shuff - 6
Dennis Orcullo - 11 Marcus Chamat - 2

Semifinal match-ups:

Chang Jung-Lin vs. Liu Haitao
Dennis Orcullo vs. Darren Appleton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:44 pm 
Heavyweight

observer wrote:

Quarterfinal results:

Chang Jung-Lin -11 Johnny Archer - 8
Liu Haitao - 11 Yukio Akagariyama - 7
Darren Appleton - 11 Brandon Shuff - 6
Dennis Orcullo - 11 Marcus Chamat - 2

Semifinal match-ups:

Chang Jung-Lin vs. Liu Haitao
Dennis Orcullo vs. Darren Appleton

the dennis orcollo vs darren appleton match is like watching the championship. a great match!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 am 
Middleweight

Dennis leads 6-2 over Darren in a race to 11 semi-final match .. hopefully this time he takes the cheese.. tough match ahead, if he wins this he'll face CHANG Jung-Lin of Taipei for Gold Medal Match. GL Dennis!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:25 am 
Heavyweight

thanks for the updates.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:37 am 
Bantamweight

Dennis lost in his semis match against Darren Appleton 11-9. He subsequently defeated Liu Haitao 11-6 to win the Bronze medal. Chang jun lin of Taiwan and Appleton will play for the gold medal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:10 am 
Heavyweight

gcc888 wrote:
Dennis lost in his semis match against Darren Appleton 11-9. He subsequently defeated Liu Haitao 11-6 to win the Bronze medal. Chang jun lin of Taiwan and Appleton will play for the gold medal.

What? lamang na kanina then talo. better luck next time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8