Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:26 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:45 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 1030
Froilan "The Sniper" Saludar is rated no 3 in IBF fly ranking where no 2 is vacant.

Froilan "The Sniper" Saludar should be a mandatory challenger for the title and should face the winner between Mthalane-Nunez IBF fly title match.

He should fight a title eliminator fight against Oscar Blanquet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:25 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 1030
Mthalane retained his IBF title..Froilan Saludar should be next being the no.3 contender where no. 2 is vacant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:51 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 6452
Location: Paranaque City, Philippines
Saludar has a fight coming up soon in Baguio. After that, I'd like to see Froilan up his competition level a bit before taking on someone of Mthalane's caliber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:14 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 1030
Since Mayol-Tirado fight in Baguio was off, becasue Team Mayol is looking for the title fight agaist an IBF superfly title, Froilan Saludan now takes on Tirado for the WBO Oriental fly title.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:59 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 2179
Location: phils
why would he fight a title eliminator if you are pushing him as the mandatory challenger for the winner between mthalane and nuñez? mthalane won that bout via 8th round KO. the 4th rank mexican blanquet is a good but risky opponent for saludar. just bludgeoned filipino warlito parrenas in japan last june in less than a round. blanquet also happened to be a nuñez victim wayback on 2011 for the fedelatin title. if saludar has to go through an eliminator fight, he should be prepared 200% if that is against blanquet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 1030
bol-anon nga cebuano wrote:
why would he fight a title eliminator if you are pushing him as the mandatory challenger for the winner between mthalane and nuñez? mthalane won that bout via 8th round KO. the 4th rank mexican blanquet is a good but risky opponent for saludar. just bludgeoned filipino warlito parrenas in japan last june in less than a round. blanquet also happened to be a nuñez victim wayback on 2011 for the fedelatin title. if saludar has to go through an eliminator fight, he should be prepared 200% if that is against blanquet.


Oscar Blanquet is moving in weight to fight Narvaez for the WBO superfly title.

Saludar should instead fight any IBF top 10 flyweight boxer to line up to IBF crown of Mthalane instead of vying of another WBO regional crowns(WBO Oriental,WBO asia-Pac,WBO Asia-Pac youth) and queuing with 3 other Pinoy fighters in WBO rating to end up fighting with a Fil-am champ Viloria.

Team Saludar should pursu his dream fighting Mthalane since he is already rated no. 3 in IBF.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 600
Location: US
Froilan should be next on line against Mthalane since Nunez just lost in his fight against the Champ. But then again the politics of boxing has to be considered, like they always say boxing is business. It's just too bad Pinoy Fighters are top heavy in this division, somebody need to move up and go for the SuperFlyweight division, somebody need to spread out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:59 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 1030
Pinoy62 wrote:
Froilan should be next on line against Mthalane since Nunez just lost in his fight against the Champ. But then again the politics of boxing has to be considered, like they always say boxing is business. It's just too bad Pinoy Fighters are top heavy in this division, somebody need to move up and go for the SuperFlyweight division, somebody need to spread out.


Rodel Maol is moving to superfly and will be fighting for the IBF superfly division on Sep 22


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 600
Location: US
boxing aficionado wrote:
Pinoy62 wrote:
Froilan should be next on line against Mthalane since Nunez just lost in his fight against the Champ. But then again the politics of boxing has to be considered, like they always say boxing is business. It's just too bad Pinoy Fighters are top heavy in this division, somebody need to move up and go for the SuperFlyweight division, somebody need to spread out.


Rodel Maol is moving to superfly and will be fighting for the IBF superfly division on Sep 22


Yes, Rodel is moving up, one or two can probably move up, I would like to see either Fuentes or Jaro or even maybe Saludar move up, that will spread out our talent in this higher division.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:08 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 1030
Pinoy62 wrote:
boxing aficionado wrote:
Pinoy62 wrote:
Froilan should be next on line against Mthalane since Nunez just lost in his fight against the Champ. But then again the politics of boxing has to be considered, like they always say boxing is business. It's just too bad Pinoy Fighters are top heavy in this division, somebody need to move up and go for the SuperFlyweight division, somebody need to spread out.


Rodel Maol is moving to superfly and will be fighting for the IBF superfly division on Sep 22


Yes, Rodel is moving up, one or two can probably move up, I would like to see either Fuentes or Jaro or even maybe Saludar move up, that will spread out our talent in this higher division.


Brian Viloria can move to superfly to challenge Omar Narvaez after he can unify the WBO and WBA fly titles..then Milan Milendo can dispute for the vacant title..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:08 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 600
Location: US
Rodel Maol is moving to superfly and will be fighting for the IBF superfly division on Sep 22[/quote]

Yes, Rodel is moving up, one or two can probably move up, I would like to see either Fuentes or Jaro or even maybe Saludar move up, that will spread out our talent in this higher division.[/quote]

Brian Viloria can move to superfly to challenge Omar Narvaez after he can unify the WBO and WBA fly titles..then Milan Milendo can dispute for the vacant title..[/quote]

You know what? I said the same thing on my other post. Brian should challenge Narvaez!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:46 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 1030
Pinoy62 wrote:
Rodel Maol is moving to superfly and will be fighting for the IBF superfly division on Sep 22


Yes, Rodel is moving up, one or two can probably move up, I would like to see either Fuentes or Jaro or even maybe Saludar move up, that will spread out our talent in this higher division.[/quote]

Brian Viloria can move to superfly to challenge Omar Narvaez after he can unify the WBO and WBA fly titles..then Milan Milendo can dispute for the vacant title..[/quote]

You know what? I said the same thing on my other post. Brian should challenge Narvaez![/quote]

I have my post also on that viewtopic.php?f=28&t=221766&hilit=


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:33 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 103
Saludar has a booked fight against a foreigner boxer this month of September 2012.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:00 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 1030
kidsPorts wrote:
Saludar has a booked fight against a foreigner boxer this month of September 2012.


yes for another WBO regional belt..Team Saludar should focus on IBF instead


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 103
Saludar doesn't mind who he fights even if he fights a fellow Filipino like Brian Viloria or Milan Melindo. A world title fight contested by Filipinos will be first in the history of Philippine Boxing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group