Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:41 am 
Light Heavyweight

Fists_of_Fury wrote:
alagad_bayan wrote:
Those are rather very unkind words for Gesta. You are talking as if you know more about boxing than the guy. How could you box with that guy Vasquez who refused to have a real 'mano a mano' encounter, but instead kept on running and running like a mexican roadrunner. :lol:

Uhmmm, maybe he should learn how to cut off the ring and box?
Tell Gesta, Youtube is free - study styles of shorter boxers like Tyson, Pacquiao, et al. on his free time. And why doesn't he ask his coach to teach him other styles, not just mano-a-mano?
Don't just spend time on Facebook (it gives you a false sense of ego/greatness)...

https://www.facebook.com/MercitoGesta?fref=ts

LOL, ang dami palang kaatraso ni Gesta sa pisbok...tsaka ka-allign pa ni DSource.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:00 am 
Welterweight

Mercito Gesta is a bum.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:48 am 
Middleweight

alagad_bayan wrote:
Those are rather very unkind words for Gesta. You are talking as if you know more about boxing than the guy. How could you box with that guy Vasquez who refused to have a real 'mano a mano' encounter, but instead kept on running and running like a mexican roadrunner. :lol:

Agree with you Bro. Even PacMan have difficulty fighting road runner boxer like Bradley and Cotto (when Cotto decided to run during latter rounds). However, he should have done better in my own opinion. Thanks

--joshua_20--

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 am 
Cruiserweight

joshua_20 wrote:
alagad_bayan wrote:

Agree with you Bro. Even PacMan have difficulty fighting road runner boxer like Bradley and Cotto (when Cotto decided to run during latter rounds). However, he should have done better in my own opinion. Thanks

fighting dumb is probably not in the fight's contract, and I don't think anyone told Gesta that Vazquez is stupid enough to fight him toe to toe, knowing how flat footed he is... :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:13 am 
Heavyweight

moneyfacyo wrote:
walang ngang power si vasques hit and run lang but gesta parang namamasyal lang sa disneyland. inantok tuloy ako.

I agree, they knew Vasquez style, and the did not really prepare. Blame the coach.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:20 am 
Cruiserweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
moneyfacyo wrote:
walang ngang power si vasques hit and run lang but gesta parang namamasyal lang sa disneyland. inantok tuloy ako.

I agree, they knew Vasquez style, and the did not really prepare. Blame the coach.

and to think Vasquez is not a big puncher, he should've
at least take a risk... go for broke... that's a big opportunity given to him, people around the world watching... now what next to him???

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:10 am 
Heavyweight

We are not born with the talent, we learn and work hard for it. If Gesta is reading this, he should take the criticism possitively, learn from his mistakes and get up. After all, highs or success is sweeter if we've been to lows. Goodluck to your next fight Gesta.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:22 am 
Cruiserweight

Blazing Speed wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
moneyfacyo wrote:

at least take a risk... go for broke... that's a big opportunity given to him, people around the world watching... now what next to him???

@gritsteel2
Gesta still is the one to blame.. He never really did anything to change the course of the match... What he needed to do was pretty obvious, yet he never made his move..

@Blazing SPeed
It appeared that Gesta was too concerned about his looks... That's probably why he didn't want take the risk of getting his pretty face damaged... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 am 
Middleweight

Gesta is going to kill himself reading these posts.

Been there, Done that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:56 am 
Bantamweight

I have seen Gesta's last fight. It seemed to me, he was fighting like Juan Tamad - waiting for the fruit to drop into his mouth. Kung ako sa kanya, magtanim na lang ako ng kamote. Gesta is NOT a fighter. He is KENKOY! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:17 am 
Lightweight

Blazing Speed wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
moneyfacyo wrote:

BAKA MAGULO HAIR NIA. :lol: SAYANG NAMAN ANG HAIR GEL. LOL KAYA TINGIN NG TINGIN SA CAMERA AT PANAY SHOW BOATING :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:41 am 
Middleweight

looks like the hype already died down. i feel sorry for the kid he had his hopes up but he only got himself to blame for this. too cocky, too complacent in the ring. if only his skills matched his confidence. i dont believe for a second he is done though, he is still pinoy and promoted by TR so they will likely get him one more title fight in the future.

but for now, Gesta is back to doing what he does best - fighting bums. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:38 am 
Cruiserweight

jogar84 wrote:
looks like the hype already died down. i feel sorry for the kid he had his hopes up but he only got himself to blame for this. too cocky, too complacent in the ring. if only his skills matched his confidence. i dont believe for a second he is done though, he is still pinoy and promoted by TR so they will likely get him one more title fight in the future.

but for now, Gesta is back to doing what he does best - fighting bums. :lol:

hopefully... otherwise, he'll end up being a stepping stone for other top rank prospects...