Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:40 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:51 pm 
Featherweight

True,

In terms of overall ability as well as resume

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

Nonito may have surpassed Flash Elorde ... but can he surpass Rachel ?!? more fun in da pelepens ... only in the Philippines ... :shock: :peace: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:54 pm 
Lightweight

i agree! Nonito demolished a lot of elite fighters and won more belts in different divisions compared to Elorde. And Nonito is still improving his already hall of fame resume.

my top 10 pinoy all-time greats

1 Manny Pacquiao
2 Nonito Donaire
3 Gabriel Elorde
4 Pancho Villa
5 Brian Viloria
6 Gery Penalosa
7 Luisito Espinosa
8 Ceferino Garcia
9 Ben Villaflor
10 Little Dado

but my ranking will definitely change in the future, defends on how these 3 currently active fighters will end their careers. Pacquiao, Donaire, Viloria..

Among these 3 Donaire has more potentials to achieve more, coz pac may not able to comeback after that devastating KO and his focus on extra curicular activities such as politics, showbiz, bible studies, singing, other sports ect.. Vilioria rejuvinated his career but we're not sure how much more he can achive, he's 33 now i think.

Last edited by Serathus on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:02 pm 
Middleweight

Some Donaire diehard fans just can't help comparing their idol to Pacman and now to the great Flash Elorde. Twice Flash Elorde moved up in weight to challenge Carlos Ortiz . He never went after midgets. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:03 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Serathus wrote:
i agree! Nonito demolished a lot of elite fighters and won more belts in different divisions compared to Elorde. And Nonito is still improving his already hall of fame resume.

1 Manny Pacquiao
2 Nonito Donaire
3 Gabriel Elorde
4 Pancho Villa
5 Brian Viloria
6 Gery Penalosa
7 Luisito Espinosa
8 Ceferino Garcia
9 Ben Villaflor
10 Little Dado

but my ranking will definitely change in the future, defends on how this 3 currently active fighters will end their careers. Pacquiao, Donaire, Viloria..

Among these 3 Donaire has more potentials to achieve more, coz pac may not able to comeback after that devastating KO and his focus on extra curicular activities such as politics, showbiz, bible studies, singing, other sports ect.. Vilioria rejuvinated his career but we're not sure how much more he can achive, he's 33 now i think.

Where is Rolando Navarette??? :D

HINDI AKO NAGKA COUNTER FLOW!!!

SANA IKAW RIN PINOY !!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:12 pm 
Cruiserweight

fmalcos wrote:

Nasa Gensan ... lasing nanaman ata ... more fun in da pelepens ... only in the Philippines ... :shock: :peace: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:37 pm 
Lightweight

fmalcos wrote:
Serathus wrote:

1 Manny Pacquiao
2 Nonito Donaire
3 Gabriel Elorde
4 Pancho Villa
5 Brian Viloria
6 Gery Penalosa
7 Luisito Espinosa
8 Ceferino Garcia
9 Ben Villaflor
10 Little Dado

but my ranking will definitely change in the future, defends on how this 3 currently active fighters will end their careers. Pacquiao, Donaire, Viloria..

i put him maybe around top 12 with Small Montana ahead of him on 11th spot.

1 Manny Pacquiao
2 Nonito Donaire
3 Gabriel Elorde
4 Pancho Villa
5 Brian Viloria
6 Gery Penalosa
7 Luisito Espinosa
8 Ceferino Garcia
9 Ben Villaflor
10 Little Dado
11 Small Montana
12 Rolando Navarette

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:44 pm 
Lightweight

pipered wrote:
Nonito may have surpassed Flash Elorde ... but can he surpass Rachel ?!? more fun in da pelepens ... only in the Philippines ... :shock: :peace: :biglaugh:

pipered wrote:
fmalcos wrote:

Nasa Gensan ... lasing nanaman ata ... more fun in da pelepens ... only in the Philippines ... :shock: :peace: :biglaugh:

maka reply lang para madami post ... i respect freedom of speech but geez...talk about Quality replies from members.. :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

anyways, i never saw FE , maybe it depends on how u look at things if hes really been surpassed.. but i do believe that ND is just getting started and on the road for being 1 of the greats...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I think it's a little premature, but definitely, we have an all-time great boxer in Nonito Donaire currently. I don't like to rank current boxers because legacies change, but here is my list of greatest boxers of all time from the Philippines.

1 Manny Pacquiao
2 Flash Elorde
3 Pancho Villa
4 Nonito Donaire
5 Luisito Espinosa
6 Gerry Penalosa
7 Brian Viloria
8 Ceferino Garcia
9 Ben Villaflor
10 Little Dado

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:49 pm 
Heavyweight

pipered wrote:

boy abunda is dat you?

tsismosa
:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 pm 
Middleweight

antatsapaks wrote:
pipered wrote:

boy abunda is dat you?

tsismosa
:biglaugh:

Kasama ni Navarette sa inuman.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Elorde won one belt and beat two future hall of famers iirc ( Laguna and Saddler in non-title fights ). OK Elorde was robbed in his title fight against Saddler at 126.
Elorde was KO'd several times but did keep his title for some 6 years afaik.
ND KO'd Montiel and Darch. I think they would both make it to the hall of fame someday. Nishioka and Arce might have a shot at the hall.
3 division champ ? Only other Asian to do it ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:39 am 
Middleweight

its hard to compare different era fighters, fighters fight less today and the competition doesnt seem so good as the best dont often fight the best.

however it would be easier to compare what Donaire does with Pacquiao because they fought in the same era.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:01 am 
Light Heavyweight

jogar84 wrote:
its hard to compare different era fighters, fighters fight less today and the competition doesnt seem so good as the best dont often fight the best.

however it would be easier to compare what Donaire does with Pacquiao because they fought in the same era.

agree, had Shaw and Arum gave donaire a better break after demolishing darchinyan and montiel? He could have achieved more. Donaire has the talent ,skills and ring smart to be included in the all time greats, its the opportunities that slip from him.

Perhaps its destiny. Only Pacquiao is destined to achieve such feat, fame and fortune.

time

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:41 am 
Cruiserweight

lambda phi upsilon wrote:
Some Donaire diehard fans just can't help comparing their idol to Pacman and now to the great Flash Elorde. Twice Flash Elorde moved up in weight to challenge Carlos Ortiz . He never went after midgets. :lol:

yeah, and some PacNutthuggers couldn't help but hate Nonito for it... :lol: :lol: :lol: