Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:00 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Vid: Malcolm Tunacao
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:38 pm 
Welterweight

Hey dudes I agree that Malcolm Tunacao is a good boxer but i believe Rolly Lunas is better. I had watch Rolly Lunas in the Palarong Pambansa. He won a gold medal there. Very impressive to me. He became more impressive when he won a championship fight in blow by blow at age 16. He's very dominant in the fight against a veteran fighter. He was 6-0 after the fight. I thought he's going to be the next big thing in boxing but i was wrong. His downfall starts after the blow by blow show, Rolly was not managed and trained well. He had back to back losses to some unknown less talented boxers. Not until he changed his name to Rolly Matsushita and his record improves to 20-6 and now is the current OPBF champion and if he keeps winning he'll be given a chance to fight in the US. I still believe he can make it. ZZZZ sorry, I will try to fix my english literacy next time. Peace!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:25 pm 
Heavyweight

drowning02 wrote:
Hey dudes I agree that Malcolm Tunacao is a good boxer but i believe Rolly Lunas is better. I had watch Rolly Lunas in the Palarong Pambansa. He won a gold medal there. Very impressive to me. He became more impressive when he won a championship fight in blow by blow at age 16. He's very dominant in the fight against a veteran fighter. He was 6-0 after the fight. I thought he's going to be the next big thing in boxing but i was wrong. His downfall starts after the blow by blow show, Rolly was not managed and trained well. He had back to back losses to some unknown less talented boxers. Not until he changed his name to Rolly Matsushita and his record improves to 20-6 and now is the current OPBF champion and if he keeps winning he'll be given a chance to fight in the US. I still believe he can make it. ZZZZ sorry, I will try to fix my english literacy next time. Peace!

Agree but thats because Malcolm Tuñacao never got back into his top form. And age overtook his chances.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:38 am 
Light Heavyweight

thanks for the vid! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:49 am 
Light Heavyweight

i think he was mismanaged and success went to his head also. He has a very successful amateur career. And was also successful in his pro career. Winning a world championship in only his 11th pro fight.
In the amatuers, he won the Palarong Pambasa and National Championship gold medals. In the National Sr. and Jr. Amateur Championship in Davao, he beats members of the Philippine team.
Sometimes success will drown a person.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:49 am 
Lightweight

bahadz villarin wrote:
i think he was mismanaged and success went to his head also. He has a very successful amateur career. And was also successful in his pro career. Winning a world championship in only his 11th pro fight.
In the amatuers, he won the Palarong Pambasa and National Championship gold medals. In the National Sr. and Jr. Amateur Championship in Davao, he beats members of the Philippine team.
Sometimes success will drown a person.

Probably lost the hunger he once had....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:51 pm 
Lightweight

I thought Malcolm was gonna be the Next Big Thing. He came at a time when some thought it was over for Manny Pacquiao. But since then, we never heard much about him. Poor management, self and otherwise. Hope he gets his last shot to glory, though he's running out of time. I'd be proud to cheer for Malcolm Tuñacao once again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:14 pm 
Middleweight

drowning02 wrote:

Michael Domingo already beat Rolly Lunas. Malcolm showboated in their fight thats why he lost by split decision.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:26 pm 
Middleweight

KPinoy wrote:
http://kamaongpinoy.com/index.php?id=196

A vid of the Eagle Eye!
Enjoy.

by the way thanks so much for the vid.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:34 pm 
Middleweight

el_niño_misutoy wrote:
no.1fan wrote:
The most Impressive fight I saw of Malcolm Tuñacao was when he fought and won his only world title (WBC). If any body could share that video Pls...share. I want to see it again. He was a complete boxer at that time. Talagang Champion.

I have the video but will figure it out how to share as the file is quiet big. Yeah, he is a very complete fighter, power in both hands, very elusive in the ring, swift lateral movements, thudding job, and knows how to read his opponent's game. Sadly, he is not managed well. The guy has a tough upbringing and needs a lot of guidance.

He still has a chance, last run maybe. I'll check his real status, I'm from Mandaue City and I know the guy since his great amateur days (more than a decade ago.)

I'll gladly share the video once I know how to do it.

bai ikaw ni? murag ikaw man ug sinulti-an. haha!! practice ta ugma human jogging.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:21 am 
Heavyweight

thanks for the Vid...long time never heard of Malcolm...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:27 am 
Welterweight

WOW HE REMINDS ME OF PACMAN WITH HIS STYLE..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:12 am 
Heavyweight

so retired na ba tlga to si tunacao? kasi under pa siya sa active boxers eh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:24 am 
Heavyweight

KPinoy wrote:
http://kamaongpinoy.com/index.php?id=196

A vid of the Eagle Eye!
Enjoy.

Hopefully he can get a shot for a world championship fight...Magiging sayang ang kanyang talent...

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:18 pm 
Featherweight

I hope we hear some news on Tunacao soon. :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:20 am 
Welterweight

I saw a short rounds 4-5 clip of Tunacao on youtube. I was really impressed, his experience really shows the way he uses feather light punches to set up a BOOOM bodyshot or killer upper. Watching him rope-a-dope ala Mayweather/Ndou was a real treat. I like his swagger as well, cocky but in a respectful way.

1. Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto
2. Z Gorres
3. Joan Guzman
4. Yuriorkis Gamboa
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Hozumi Hasegawa
7. Masato
8. Namsaknoi
9. Seanchai Sor Kingstar
10. Vitor Belfort