Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:44 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:54 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 945
Location: Fairfield, CA
franciszr wrote:
nag send na ako ng pm sa isang mod pero hanggang ngayun wala pang feedback...., pero tama nga nman si bro mharky dito


Thanks brow franciszr for at least standing by me. Unfortunately, I don't even think if a MOD is looking at this thread. Well, I just hope I am wrong. Unless, my hunch is right. People just don't care about us IGOROTS. We are none existent to them. Worst, some co-Cordillerans are back to their "shy mango" attitude. And even worst, some of these so called calling themselves Igorot, are ashamed to speak for themselves.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:17 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:13 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Baguio
mharky wrote:
Either you must be a pretending igorot or just a half half Mr. I don't know you. Back read. I am fighting for our right to have our own thread. Wayback since additional threads was made for Manila Paclanders, Cebu Paclanders, Bicolano Paclanders, Illongo Paclanders, Ilocano Paclanders, Kapampangan Paclanders, Waray Paclanders, GenSan Paclanders, Cagayan De Oro, none was made for us. Nobody stood for us. We don't exist in the map. Our "shy mango" attitude has always put us in the closet. Now, it's about time that we get recognized.

Flaming? There is much flaming in the political section. If I have to call someone ignoramus just to get the attention needed for our cause, so be it.

Forum rules? Go to the political section and remind those people there who bash each other. Kaman ka sino ay imbis nga sumuporta to stop our DISCRIMINATION, you are one putting more nails in the closet.


My friend, I admire your intention to have our own regional forum, a cordilleran forum. But I'm sorry to say this, the way you deliver is arrogance! Now let me ask you if I'll be proud to see an arrogant fellow igorot than a humble fellow? Haan ka aya nga mabain nu adda makitam nga padam nga igorot ngem bastos? You justify yourself because other members do flame and bash each other, but does it entitle you to do the same? I thought we are more civilized than what others think of us. If you stoop down to their level then you are just making them believe what they thought is correct.

Speaking of rights, there is only one right every member have in this forum. That is to be respected, regardless of race, region and religion. It is not a right to have one's (region/race for that matter) own forum, it is just fortunate that the owners of this site allowed other race, regions to have their own forum,and we should be thankful for that. In this case, cordillerans does not have its own forum yet, tell me my friend if this is not the more righteous thing to do. so rather than bashing someone,and i don't know if you'll agree with this, it would be better to request it in a more civilized way which you did at first and I believe it is good enough except for the last phrase,Posting on threads and forum is not even a right, it is a privilege. You call someone ignorant and what that makes you?
You see my friend, you are too quick to bash and call names but look yourself in front of the mirror and put yourself on their shoes.

There's nothing wrong in supporting someone for the good cause. This thread is a good start, fellow cordillerans have the chance to know other members in this forum. And all of us agree that because of this thread, it is a step of showing that we igorots exist in this cyber community.
Speaking of DISCRIMINATION, I don't see any discrimination going here towards cordilleran. Just because we don't have a cordilleran forum yet does not mean we are discriminated. Just like other regional forums before, it was not created in just a blink of an eye. Requests were already sent by other fellow igorots, if that's not enough then we still can send our requests in a more civil way. You earn respect when you give respect my friend. You sow what you reap.

I don't know if you got my point from the start. You can reply to you hearts' content about this. But I'll set aside this argument since its off tracking from the initial purpose of this thread. Like I said before, I respect and admire your intentions but lay off that name calling. Let us show them that we are better than what they think.
I wish you good health and god bless my friend

to fellow igorots, I apologize for the side tracking and let us continue this thread.
God bless to all of you wherever you are.

_________________
IGOROT ON BOARD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:15 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 392
kugahertz wrote:
mharky wrote:
Either you must be a pretending igorot or just a half half Mr. I don't know you. Back read. I am fighting for our right to have our own thread. Wayback since additional threads was made for Manila Paclanders, Cebu Paclanders, Bicolano Paclanders, Illongo Paclanders, Ilocano Paclanders, Kapampangan Paclanders, Waray Paclanders, GenSan Paclanders, Cagayan De Oro, none was made for us. Nobody stood for us. We don't exist in the map. Our "shy mango" attitude has always put us in the closet. Now, it's about time that we get recognized.

Flaming? There is much flaming in the political section. If I have to call someone ignoramus just to get the attention needed for our cause, so be it.

Forum rules? Go to the political section and remind those people there who bash each other. Kaman ka sino ay imbis nga sumuporta to stop our DISCRIMINATION, you are one putting more nails in the closet.


My friend, I admire your intention to have our own regional forum, a cordilleran forum. But I'm sorry to say this, the way you deliver is arrogance! Now let me ask you if I'll be proud to see an arrogant fellow igorot than a humble fellow? Haan ka aya nga mabain nu adda makitam nga padam nga igorot ngem bastos? You justify yourself because other members do flame and bash each other, but does it entitle you to do the same? I thought we are more civilized than what others think of us. If you stoop down to their level then you are just making them believe what they thought is correct.

Speaking of rights, there is only one right every member have in this forum. That is to be respected, regardless of race, region and religion. It is not a right to have one's (region/race for that matter) own forum, it is just fortunate that the owners of this site allowed other race, regions to have their own forum,and we should be thankful for that. In this case, cordillerans does not have its own forum yet, tell me my friend if this is not the more righteous thing to do. so rather than bashing someone,and i don't know if you'll agree with this, it would be better to request it in a more civilized way which you did at first and I believe it is good enough except for the last phrase,Posting on threads and forum is not even a right, it is a privilege. You call someone ignorant and what that makes you?
You see my friend, you are too quick to bash and call names but look yourself in front of the mirror and put yourself on their shoes.

There's nothing wrong in supporting someone for the good cause. This thread is a good start, fellow cordillerans have the chance to know other members in this forum. And all of us agree that because of this thread, it is a step of showing that we igorots exist in this cyber community.
Speaking of DISCRIMINATION, I don't see any discrimination going here towards cordilleran. Just because we don't have a cordilleran forum yet does not mean we are discriminated. Just like other regional forums before, it was not created in just a blink of an eye. Requests were already sent by other fellow igorots, if that's not enough then we still can send our requests in a more civil way. You earn respect when you give respect my friend. You sow what you reap.

I don't know if you got my point from the start. You can reply to you hearts' content about this. But I'll set aside this argument since its off tracking from the initial purpose of this thread. Like I said before, I respect and admire your intentions but lay off that name calling. Let us show them that we are better than what they think.
I wish you good health and god bless my friend

to fellow igorots, I apologize for the side tracking and let us continue this thread.
God bless to all of you wherever you are.



Okay na mga bros, bro kugahertz at bro mharky. Both of you guys are right, both has the point to be proud of as an Igorot but let's accept correction and apply it in a good way.

basta ti importante:

nitch wrote:
guys stop this...
Mharky, if they do it themselves, it does not follow that you'll also be like them unless you are.. our purpose is great but it is un-igorot to be calling names.. kunak man torogis are known to be humble people. basit tayo lang ngarud ditoy ket kastoy pay ti conversation tayo. well if the mods can make us our own forum then better, if not it's not a big deal. I am sure we can still find ways to communicate with each other.

trans: peace to all.


Peace na mga bro!
Score:
tabla


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:11 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 945
Location: Fairfield, CA
Well, I am willing to let this issue let to rest.

If it is for the sake of unity between us genuine Cordillerans/Montanosa People, then Im ready to make ammends. I do really hope that, Igorots, at least get recognized here.

I just hope that a concerned staff from PACLAND, at least, would listen to our plea.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:39 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 945
Location: Fairfield, CA
Btw, I also sent this message to our boss here:

Sir,

Good day to you. We gladly appreciate all your efforts in making this site a success despite of some challenges you have encountered. We also appreciate that through these site, we get to know people from different places. It has been my observation that some of us, Igorots, have been members here in this site however we were just by ourselves and never got to know each other, only this time.

For these reason, may I respectfully request if it could be possible that under the Regional Forum, there would be Cordilleran Paclanders.

It has long existed that there is Manila Paclanders, Cebu Paclanders, Bicolano Paclanders, Illongo Paclanders, Ilocano Paclanders, Kapampangan Paclanders, Waray Paclanders, GenSan Paclanders, Cagayan De Oro, etc. However, none existed for us, the Igorots.

Sir, the reason why I ask such is because Cordillerans speak different languages and it is not Ilocano. Moreover, if such thread exist, we could organize some threads just related to our Cordillera Region and post pictures of places that could be visited (for tourists who are interested), our own athletes (such as Eduardo Folayang of MMA, our upcoming boxer, Dayer Gabutan Singwangcha, etc), and other events. In addition, we can also have our own threads wherein we could speak our own dialects that perhaps, other individuals would be interested to learn. To name a few-Kankanaey, Ibaloi, Ifugao, etc.

Thank you sir and once again, we the Cordillerans, wish you more power and congratulations for doing such a great job on this site.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:24 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 6:39 pm
Posts: 247
well said mharky. (ot: you know marky ceilo? - RIP,l just thought you got the nick from him.)

to our mod - we would be glad if you'll consider, thank you!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:37 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 945
Location: Fairfield, CA
Where are the "Genuine" Igorots here?

I just noticed this posted on the basketball thread...

fmalcos wrote:
pero si moon pala, di naturalized,parang si lassier at lutz, half koean, egoy tatay, at koreana nanay


What can you say about it guys? Ay layden u na?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:13 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 am
Posts: 9836
when you say "genuine" what is your parameter if i may ask? and what is the purpose for such use of a sensitive adjective?

no layden tako ay mairespeto, we should not enforce anything. just my two cents opinion.

_________________
Pag trabahador ka dito. matatawag bang paid poster ka? Pag trabahador ka dito hwag puro garbage posts ang gawin. hwag magkalat sa pinagkukunan mo ng kabuhayan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:10 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 945
Location: Fairfield, CA
Ay inayan payna! Genuine are people who really stand by their ideology. Someone who fights for his right. I have been one of the active members of the BIBMAAK wayback before. We have fought those people on campus who have looked down on us.

Igorots are known to be brave people. They don't just slump on their chair whenever there is something wrong said about them. They make a stand!

Anyway, after the explanation about the word "egoy" which meant black, according to the one who used it, I accepted the apology.

Wayback...until now... we have been looked down in the Philippines by some personalities in showbiz. In addition, we have been looked down by some "ignoramus" people from the lowlands. I remember when it was Flower's Festival. A kid just sat on the street. The mom said, "Hoy! Anong ginagawa mo dyan! Tumayo ka nga! Para kang IGOROT!" Another incident happened at a chatroom. Someone used the word "egoy" and upon verification, the chatter was referring to IGOROT. They had a good laugh.
(This is one of the reason why I asked the member what he meant by using the word "egoy.")

This has long been in existence; however, we are turning a blind eye to these.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:12 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 am
Posts: 9836
mharky wrote:
Ay inayan payna! Genuine are people who really stand by their ideology. Someone who fights for his right. I have been one of the active members of the BIBMAAK wayback before. We have fought those people on campus who have looked down on us.

Igorots are known to be brave people. They don't just slump on their chair whenever there is something wrong said about them. They make a stand!

Anyway, after the explanation about the word "egoy" which meant black, according to the one who used it, I accepted the apology.

Wayback...until now... we have been looked down in the Philippines by some personalities in showbiz. In addition, we have been looked down by some "ignoramus" people from the lowlands. I remember when it was Flower's Festival. A kid just sat on the street. The mom said, "Hoy! Anong ginagawa mo dyan! Tumayo ka nga! Para kang IGOROT!" Another incident happened at a chatroom. Someone used the word "egoy" and upon verification, the chatter was referring to IGOROT. They had a good laugh.
(This is one of the reason why I asked the member what he meant by using the word "egoy.")

This has long been in existence; however, we are turning a blind eye to these.


people turning a blind eye to all types of discrimination are those who are weak, they deserve this. those who discriminate us are ignoramus. let us just take the high road and be our best to everything that we do. in time, we will get noticed to how good we are. tapos pag tinanong, taga-saan ka pre. sagutin nating, Cordillera, home of the proud IGOROTS. walang pinagkaiba ang ating sitwasyon kung ikumpara ang Pilipinas at boung mundo, because of Pinoys(eg. Pacquiao, Charice, Filipino Inventors, etc.) who do their best and excel unti-unti ring nalalaman ng mundo na may bansang ang tawag pala ay Pilipinas, na ang mga Pinoy pala ay mayron ding world-class talents

Personally, i've drawn flak because of my handle here sa forum. but i do let them know, kahit papano may utak din ako kagaya nila. i know, what you are experiencing and saying. masasabi kung nadaanana ko na din yan. in my college days, we controlled tuition fee increases, we controlled fraternity wars in our campus as BIBAK for 5 years during our term. until know, part of my agenda everytime i go to places and visit companies here and abroad is to let them know about my race in a humble way.

_________________
Pag trabahador ka dito. matatawag bang paid poster ka? Pag trabahador ka dito hwag puro garbage posts ang gawin. hwag magkalat sa pinagkukunan mo ng kabuhayan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 40276
Location: Short arm of chromosome 6
I had an Igorot graduate thesis student some years back. Very brilliant. She eventually won Best Masteral Thesis award.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:31 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:47 am
Posts: 8309
Location: nevermind
I'll gladly support any move to create Cordillera Paclanders Forum. I'll suggest you'll send message to the administrator (Boss Shiva) for this purpose... :D ...

_________________
...love one another...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:31 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 am
Posts: 9836
fidel wrote:
I'll gladly support any move to create Cordillera Paclanders Forum. I'll suggest you'll send message to the administrator (Boss Shiva) for this purpose... :D ...


thanks bro. it is a good suggestion and i think one of our Igorot Bro did send to Sir Shiva such similar request. hopefully, Sir Shiva would reconsider as Cordillera cover the provinces of Benguet (where Baguio is located), Mountain Province (where Sagada is located), Kalinga (where Tabuk is located), Apayao (where many fans reside also), Ifugao (where the Banawe Rice Terraces is located) and Abra as well.

I know that it is quite hard to manage our forum as Sir Shiva does not endeavor much into commercialism but hopefully, we can have a system here to encourage all ethnic groups (our Tausug brothers, Muslim brothers, etc.) to join and request for their own forum that we can join and share ideas also. I do believe that this will be a path where we can share ideas, mature as Filipinos and showcase the greatness and diversity of Pinoys that are having fun in a Pinoygreats forum, worldwide.

_________________
Pag trabahador ka dito. matatawag bang paid poster ka? Pag trabahador ka dito hwag puro garbage posts ang gawin. hwag magkalat sa pinagkukunan mo ng kabuhayan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:40 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 392
IGOROT wrote:
fidel wrote:
I'll gladly support any move to create Cordillera Paclanders Forum. I'll suggest you'll send message to the administrator (Boss Shiva) for this purpose... :D ...


thanks bro. it is a good suggestion and i think one of our Igorot Bro did send to Sir Shiva such similar request. hopefully, Sir Shiva would reconsider as Cordillera cover the provinces of Benguet (where Baguio is located), Mountain Province (where Sagada is located), Kalinga (where Tabuk is located), Apayao (where many fans reside also), Ifugao (where the Banawe Rice Terraces is located) and Abra as well.

I know that it is quite hard to manage our forum as Sir Shiva does not endeavor much into commercialism but hopefully, we can have a system here to encourage all ethnic groups (our Tausug brothers, Muslim brothers, etc.) to join and request for their own forum that we can join and share ideas also. I do believe that this will be a path where we can share ideas, mature as Filipinos and showcase the greatness and diversity of Pinoys that are having fun in a Pinoygreats forum, worldwide.


:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:42 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 945
Location: Fairfield, CA
IGOROT wrote:
fidel wrote:
I'll gladly support any move to create Cordillera Paclanders Forum. I'll suggest you'll send message to the administrator (Boss Shiva) for this purpose... :D ...


thanks bro. it is a good suggestion and i think one of our Igorot Bro did send to Sir Shiva such similar request. hopefully, Sir Shiva would reconsider as Cordillera cover the provinces of Benguet (where Baguio is located), Mountain Province (where Sagada is located), Kalinga (where Tabuk is located), Apayao (where many fans reside also), Ifugao (where the Banawe Rice Terraces is located) and Abra as well.

I know that it is quite hard to manage our forum as Sir Shiva does not endeavor much into commercialism but hopefully, we can have a system here to encourage all ethnic groups (our Tausug brothers, Muslim brothers, etc.) to join and request for their own forum that we can join and share ideas also. I do believe that this will be a path where we can share ideas, mature as Filipinos and showcase the greatness and diversity of Pinoys that are having fun in a Pinoygreats forum, worldwide.


+100000 like :D

Btw, I am thinking of starting a new thread wherein we post all relevant pictures pertaining to Cordillera. In that way, our brothers/sisters from the lowlands, and from the south with get to know about each of our native land. However, I still don't know how to post pictures. Maybe someone could share how to do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group