Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:08 am 
Ramrod wrote:
bad.....very bad performance....!!! :(

i agree sir ram... i dont like her .... performance
:? :?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:09 am 
Heavyweight

Overall mediocre, nervous, choked on her words ... never heard of this woman before, was surprised to see her as singer ... Manny is still too kind to still shower her with gifts, he probably does it to every singer at his bouts. Maybe he was busy warming up, and he only heard her sing good when during rehearsals.

I think her voice took a backseat at the actual event, and knees melted when she saw Russell Crowe and other celebrities :lol: :lol: Thumbs down by Simon Cowell, but he would have kicked the American anthem's singer in the butt out of the ring :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:39 am 
Light Heavyweight

why do you people are bashing this lovely lady...pls give her a fair judgment her performance was not bad, your just comparing her to charice you are all charice huggers. :kiss:

try asking Manny why she picks her, then you know his response...

manny: yun ang GUSTO KO EH!

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:52 am 
Cruiserweight

i'm pretty sure she feels bad about her performance so let's leave it at that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:58 am 
Light Heavyweight

dwyane_wade wrote:
if you are suspended for two weeks or so you cannot use another handle while you wait for your suspension to finish.
If you are totally banned, you can register for another handle. Another case of not having half the brain. PACLAND should screen the posters as to intelligence, to keep guys like your from polluting the site.

"...to keep guys like your from polluting the site."
Yan napagaling ng grammar.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:40 am 
Heavyweight

she is beautiful, i don't care how she sings the lupang hinirang. but honestly it is a normal pinoy trait to get scared. look at malubay. but we will still make it as a whole race not individualism. not thru american style competitiveness. that to me is CRAP.

... look at american idol, it's already about withstanding pressure and not getting scared. it's not about the music anymore. that is Crap!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:56 am 
Lightweight

Her performance was just average. Plus, instead of "aming ligaya NA pag may nang-aapi" she sang "aming ligaya NANG pag may nang-aapi".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:23 am 
Cruiserweight

archermac wrote:
Her performance was just average. Plus, instead of "aming ligaya NA pag may nang-aapi" she sang "aming ligaya NANG pag may nang-aapi".

No offense bro but you got it wrong too. It should have been "Aming ligaya NA pag may MANG-aapi"

Obviously, she got tensed during her performance. Definitely for most singers especially those who are neophytes in the business, singing in front of 15,000+ crowd in a foreign country is really a great challenge. She has a good voice IMO but her nervousness have prevailed that time. Better luck next time Karylle. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:17 am 
Featherweight

recoy2002 wrote:
why do you people are bashing this lovely lady...pls give her a fair judgment her performance was not bad, your just comparing her to charice you are all charice huggers. :kiss:

try asking Manny why she picks her, then you know his response...

manny: yun ang GUSTO KO EH!

:biglaugh:

manny chose her because she auditioned every time he has a fight coming up. tired of seeing her all the time, he finally chose her to sing :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:35 pm 
Middleweight

Marian Rivera could have done better. Showbiz. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:57 pm 
Welterweight

I admire people who can sing their national anthem proudly infront of international audience. Ignoring the small mistakes commited, I would rate the performace as good. Hey nobody's perfect right??? Just don't do it like Christian Bautista, I was so disappointed with him singing the national anthem omitting the last couple of lines... I can't help but to look for something to cover myself with, as if I was the one who commited the mistake... whew! that was soooo shameful...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:21 am 
Light Heavyweight

Seachel wrote:
For me, from 1 to 10. I rate here 7...she was obviously nervous and had a flat. I hope ABS CBN will lend Charice Pempencgco in the next PACMAN fight. :)

i rate it 6

Rev. 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:31 am 
Cruiserweight

I'd give her 5.5 for the effort. Karylle has a nice voice but she let nervousness affect her performance that night.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:43 pm 
Featherweight

Good effort but unfortunately, not good enough. :(

Her mom, the delectable Zsa Zsa Padilla could have done a much better performance.

"Wha' was that? It was bad! There's no fire! No energy, no nothing!"
-Chris Tucker in The Fifth Element

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8