Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:42 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:58 am 
Featherweight

Please find the way to forward this to The Department of Tourism of The Philippines or to the proper government agency of The Philippines and the City of Manila. Passing this kind of info among us and not doing anything to address this problem is not going to do much but give us a very sad and negative outlook of our dear Philippines. I want to tell my children and my friends about what is good about The Philippines. I don't have much influence, but . I really encourage others to take this course of action whenever they feel like complaining about something, anywhere. Take the laundry where it can be cleaned, timely, not trash it around. This, is my two cent input.

Please continue to find what is not good and what is helping people, then take action to bring it to the attention of proper authorities. I think that might do good. Sending it to me will not help, because, in more chance than not, I don't know what to do with it....or would rather spend my time taking care of and enjoying my time with my families. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.

Day Figueroa
Bamban, Tarlac
The Philippines

Doc,
I'm not surprised and more inclined to believe this likely story of the Pinoy couple. I'd experienced the "lagay" system widely practiced by persons in power in Pee Eye during my stint at Clark and Cubi Pt. Why this was under the radar of the Dept. of Tourism, is beyond me. Mr. Richard Gordon,who was the big kahuna of the Dept. of Tourism, before he became senator, must have known about this "buwaya" practice of our customs people but was helpless to do anything about it, even as a Senator. Kawawang Bansang Pilipinas, na dating Perlas ng Silangan, ngayon ay parang may ketong na iniiwasan nang mga cruise ships. The monies that could be spent by tourists, the payments for the ship's fuel and husbanding service, etc, could be a boon to the local economy. Nakakahiya. Napag-iiwanan na tayo nang ating mga kalapit bansa. We used to be the envy of Southeast Asia, BUT NOW, WE ARE THE KULELAT. We need one Lee Kuan Yew (of Singapore) to run the show and to cleanse the Philippines of graft and corruption. His method might be undemocratic, but it WORKS. In my view, that's what we need in our country.
Warm regards,
Bert

Hmmmm- not really sure that is the only reason-- I know there's the security involved for the

American passengers (remember the kidnapping scandals), at least that's what Tess Tumaneng's version was (from Princess Cruises), there is a large presence of Al Queda members in our country,

plus our famous mandurukots of course- judge for yourself and please read below- when you think of it, why are cruise ships docking at Vietnam, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Korea and others, and they're no better than Manila or Cebu.
|
|

|
|

This was written by a Pinoy couple who now live in the US.
|
|

|

Would like to share with you what we found out as the reason why cruise ships of the big cruise companies skip Manila. My wife and I are regular cruisers and we always talk to the Filipino crew. When we took the 12-day Mediterranean cruise I asked the Pinoy waiters (because we are in a big group, we usually request for Pinoy waiters to be assigned to us) why all their Asian cruises skip Manila when they go to all the neighboring countries of the Philippines. Tanong ko bakit ba wala sa itinerary ninyo ang Manila.

Ang sagot sa akin. Noong una ho may cruises kami na humihinto sa Manila but masyadong hong matakaw ang mga taga Customs sa atin kaya ang management ho namin nag decide na skip na ang Manila. When inspection time comes upon our arrival and departure, yung mga Customs inspectors ho kasama ang mga pamilya nila para kumain ng libre sa ship namin. Tapos bago mag bigay ng clearance para maka depart ang ship namin maraming hinihingi ng sigarilyo at mga alak. Sa Manila lang namin na experience ang ganoon kaya nahihiya ho kaming mga Pinoy dito sa ship. Sa ibang ports sa Asia wala hong nanghihingi.

The new cruise ships have an everage of 2,000 to 3,000 passengers. Imagine the loss of tourism revenue for the Philippines because most cruise ships do not go to the Philippines. WHY???

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:04 am 

TS, why is this thread in the quest for olympic gold?

Moved!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

"We used to be the envy of Southeast Asia, BUT NOW, WE ARE THE KULELAT. We need one Lee Kuan Yew (of Singapore) to run the show and to cleanse the Philippines of graft and corruption. His method might be undemocratic, but it WORKS. In my view, that's what we need in our country".

Meriam would be a good vice for Noynoy.... :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:37 am 
Heavyweight

Because the cruise ship owners are afraid that the Pinoy crew will take leave en masse to go home to their families and bring down cargo. The Pinoy crew will cripple operations. :lol:

Take Norweigian Cruise Lines. A few of their ships dock in Manila.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:23 am 
Welterweight

I used to work for a cruise ship and one of the reason why we never docked in the Phils was because the Phils was charging too much just to dock. The management then decided to change the idea from docking at a port to docking in deep sea and just taking the passengers to shore on a lifeboat... still the phil gov't charged a lot, so it was scrapped altogether.

I think you have GMA to thank for that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:54 am 
Heavyweight

modern-day pirates - is this a legitimate reason?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:21 pm 
Heavyweight

The entire crew will also drydock :lol: :lol: