Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:39 pm 
Heavyweight

Pareng damby, alis muna ko tol. Langya napasubo ko sa mga balagtasan natin na ewan ko kung ayun na ba talaga yun. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Sa lunes na lang ako tutula at sasagot sa mga tula nyo. medyo naubusan nako ngayon e. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:44 am 
Light Heavyweight

buhayin ko lang ang thread na 'to habang naghihintay tayo ng jan 21, '06...pampalipas oras :D

Gap-Toothed Leon Spinks exalts in triumph after dethroning Ali in a stunning upset (February 15, 1978)

"That was a movie, this is reality.".......Leon Spinks, pre-fight, on his being compared to filmdom's classic underdog, "Rocky"

"Of all the fights I lost, losing to Spinks hurt the most. That's because it was my fault. Leon did the best he could, but it was embarrasing someone with so little skill could beat me. I didn't train right. I gave away the first six rounds, figuring he'd tire out, and it turned out I got tired. I just coudn't leave boxing that way. It was too embarassing.".......Muhammad Ali in retrospect

"I got guts. I got big heart. I will fight any man with two arms, two feet and one head. My biggest credentials is my birth certificate. I got 12 years on Ali. Let's face it. He's an old man."......Leon Spinks

"We all lose in life. You lose your wife, you lose your mother. We all have losses, and what you have to do is keep living, overcome those losses and come back. You can't just go and die because you lose.".......Muhammad Ali on his defeat

"You're sitting at ringside drinking beer and you think you're surprised? I was in the ring getting my *** whipped. You know i was surprised."......Ali talking to the media after the fight

"I messed up. I was lousy. But I don't want to take anything away from Spinks. He fought a good fight and never quit. He made a fool out of everybody, even me."......Ali post fight comment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:26 am 
Welterweight

Thanks Damby that's very impormative and interesting.
Keep posting.

:jumpballs: :jumpballs: :jumpballs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:56 am 
Light Heavyweight

ayos na ayos ang thread na ito damby boy.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:17 am 
Heavyweight

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is your emergency?
>>Caller: I heard what sounded like gunshots coming from the brown
>>house on the corner.
>>Dispatcher: Do you have an address?
>>Caller: No, I'm wearing a blouse and slacks, why?
>>
>>
>>Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is your emergency?
>>Caller: Someone broke into my house and took a bite out of my ham
and

>>cheese sandwich.
>>Dispatcher: Excuse me?
>>Caller: I made a ham and cheese sandwich and left it on the kitchen
>>table
>>and when I came back from the bathroom, someone had taken a bite out
>>of it.
>>Dispatcher: Was anything else taken?
>>Caller: No, but this has happened to me before and ! I'm sick and
>>tired of it.
>>
>>
>>Dispatcher: 9-1-1
>>Dispatcher: How can I help you sir?
>>Caller: I was wondering.....does the Police Dept. put snow chains
on

>>their trucks?
>>Dispatcher: Yes sir, do you have an emergency?
>>Caller: Well, I've spent the last 4 hours trying to put these chains
>>on my tires and... well, do you think the Police Dept. could come
over

>>and help me?
>>Dispatcher: Help you what?
>>Caller: Help me get these chains on my car!
>>
>>
>>Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is the nature of your emergency?
>>Caller: I'm trying to reach nine eleven but my phone doesn't have an
>>eleven on it.
>>Dispatcher: This is nine eleven.
>>Caller: I thought you just said it was nine-one-one
>>Dispatcher: Yes, ma'am nine-one-one and nine-eleven are the same
thing.
>>Caller: Honey, I may be old, but I'm not stupid.
>>
>>
>>Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What's the nature of your emergency?
>>Caller: My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes
>>apart.
>>Dispatcher: Is this her first child?
>>Caller: No, you *****! This is her husband!
>>
>>And the winner is.........
>>
>>Dispatcher: 9-1-1
>>Caller: Yeah, I'm having trouble breathing. I'm all out of breath.
>>Darn..I think I'm going to pass out.
>>Dispatcher: Sir, where are you calling from?
>>Caller: I'm at a pay phone. North and Foster.
>>Dispatcher: Sir, an ambulance is on the way. Are you an asthmatic?
>>Caller: No.
>>Dispatcher: What were you doing before you started having trouble
>>breathing?
>>Caller: Running from the Police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:13 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: Under the blood red sky, a cloud gathered in Black and white
Props to Damby for reliving this thread. I remember this is one of my favorite threads in here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Movie stars Look-Alike in the NBA

Image verne troyer aka mini-me
Image Mike Bibby

====================

Image Jim Carey
Image Rick Carlislie

====================

Image Hugh Jackman
Image Toni Kukoc

====================

Image Will Smith
Image Robert Horry

====================

Stan Van Gundy and Ron Jeremy

====================

Andrei Kirelenko and Dolph Lungren

====================

Image Richard Pryor
Image Andre Miller

====================

Image Tupac Shakur
Image Kobe Bryant

====================

Image Andy Garcia
Image Manu Ginobili

====================

Image Leslie Nielsen
Image Del Harris

====================

??????????????

Image Patrick Ewing

====================

ET and Sam Cassell

Image KingKong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Good Stuff Bro Damby!!! Keep them commin... :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JonBenet Ramsey 1996, Almost as shocking as the discovery of the murdered 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey was the disturbing expose of a child pageants accasioned by her death. Like other young children who competed in such events. JonBenet was heavily made up, dressed in adult outfits, and taught to act suggestively, mimicking the facial come-ons and provocatively body language of a sexually preening woman. "She moved with an adult's self-assurance and radiated a sexuality beyond her years. She was like a puppet carefully trained to please adults," said Dr. Judianne Densen-Gerber, a forensic psychiatrist. "The tapes of JonBenet's pageant performances are shocking and truly frightening."

The Ramsey Family1993, Gathered around the christmas tree in their extravagant home, JonBenet, John, Patsy, and Burke beam with tidings of comfort and joy. Precisely three years later, their holiday memories would be forever tainted by the grisly discovery of the 6-year-old pageant princess's beaten, abused, and strangled body. A suspiciuos ransom note and background whispers on a 911 tape immediately cast suspicion on the uncooperative John and Patsy. Patsy, a former beauty queen, became suicidal and was prescribed Paxil. She suffered from nightmares, she told a friend, in which "JonBenet is smiling and happy as she once was--then suddenly her face twists in horror and fright and she looks at me with mournful pleading eyes....Why didn't I let her grow up like a normal little girl?"

for the complete report, go to -------->http://www.crimelibrary.com/ramsey/ramseymain.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:21 pm 
Lightweight

damby wrote:
buhayin ko lang ang thread na 'to habang naghihintay tayo ng jan 21, '06...pampalipas oras :D

Gap-Toothed Leon Spinks exalts in triumph after dethroning Ali in a stunning upset (February 15, 1978)

"That was a movie, this is reality.".......Leon Spinks, pre-fight, on his being compared to filmdom's classic underdog, "Rocky"

"Of all the fights I lost, losing to Spinks hurt the most. That's because it was my fault. Leon did the best he could, but it was embarrasing someone with so little skill could beat me. I didn't train right. I gave away the first six rounds, figuring he'd tire out, and it turned out I got tired. I just coudn't leave boxing that way. It was too embarassing.".......Muhammad Ali in retrospect

"I got guts. I got big heart. I will fight any man with two arms, two feet and one head. My biggest credentials is my birth certificate. I got 12 years on Ali. Let's face it. He's an old man."......Leon Spinks

"We all lose in life. You lose your wife, you lose your mother. We all have losses, and what you have to do is keep living, overcome those losses and come back. You can't just go and die because you lose.".......Muhammad Ali on his defeat

"You're sitting at ringside drinking beer and you think you're surprised? I was in the ring getting my *** whipped. You know i was surprised."......Ali talking to the media after the fight

"I messed up. I was lousy. But I don't want to take anything away from Spinks. He fought a good fight and never quit. He made a fool out of everybody, even me."......Ali post fight comment

Nice post pareng damby. Waiting for the quote of the ali-sphinx rematch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:16 pm 
Light Heavyweight

@DTver2...as you requested

Ali-Spinks II, September 15, 1978
Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana
Ali regained World Heavyweight Title

Ali tortured his body in prepration for his rematch with Leon Spinks while Spinks acted as playboy

"This will be my 'Third Coming'. My first coming was in 1964 when I shocked the world by beating Sonny Liston. My second coming was when I upset George Foreman in Zaire in 1974. My third coming will be against Spinks tonight."..........Pre-fight Muhammad Ali

"A lot of people never saw Einstein, FDR or Jesus, for that matter. Everybody dies, and everybody grows old. I've been around since 1961. I've lasted longer than the Beatles and the Supremes. Now it's just me and the Rolling Stones."..........Pre-fight Muhammad Ali

Ali Takes cover as Spinks, sensing his crown slipping, gets set to launch right

"Did you ever see a 36-year-old man outlast a 25-year-old man like that"....Post fight Muhammad Ali

Bundini Brown gives encouragement to Ali on his way to regaining the crown

"I'm ready this time. It would have been a disaster if I hadn't got another shot at the title, and I realize this is my last chance. I'll show Spinks to be the amateur he really is. As bad as I was the last time, I was still even going into the 13th. Doesn't that tell you something."........Muhammad Ali

Last edited by damby on Sat May 26, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:22 am 
Light Heavyweight

Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn 1997, The taboo twosome seal their scandalous marriage with a honeymoon smooch in Paris's Tuileries Gardens. Five years earlier, the Oscar-winning writer-director astounded the world, not to mentioon longtime mate Mia Farrow, by admitting his affair with Farrow's adopted daughter, Soon-Yi. Trading fatherly love for the marital kind, Woody's engagement to Soon-Yi sent Farrow into a fit. "There was a time when I thought Woody would be my husband. I never thought he'd marry my young daughter." She added, I'll never speak to either of them again." Allen, more than 35 years older than his bride, shrugged off Farrow's furor. "My relationship with Soon-Yi is the best one of my life."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am 
Light Heavyweight

Dolly Parton 1990, Perky country singer Dolly Parton's fame precedes her as she makes a typically eye-catching entrance. "I'm known for my breast as much as for my voice," she admitted. But such celebrity can be quite a burden: The sheer heft was beginning to cause the 5'1" singer with a 19-inch waist back and shoulder pain so excruciating that she had to sleep in a brace. Doctors said that her only chance for relief would be surgery to reduce her bra size from a 42DD to a still-ample 38C. Agreeing to the procedure, Parton chirped, "It would be a new lease on life for me--you might say it'll be a great weight off my chest!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:47 am 
Light Heavyweight

Pete Rose 1990, Former Cincinnati Reds slugger put up some amazing numbers in his career, including his record-breaking 4,255 career hits, but he secured his most shocking number at the Marion Federal Prison Camp in Illinois: Inmate #01832-061. Serving a five-month sentence for tax evasion, this photo, the first to capture the fallen hero behind bars, was procured by two enterprising Enquirer stringers, a husband-and-wife musical duo who got into the prison by booking themselves in an inmate performance. They caught up with Rose watching a baseball game with fellow prisoners. When they asked if they could take his photo, Rose obliged. "This is the big one," he said. "I'm giving you a ticket to ride."

Last edited by damby on Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:45 pm 
Welterweight

more posts please MR. Ito_O_Gami

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next