Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:23 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:28 pm 
Welterweight

This is proven many times by science and people dying because of it...

Ill go for wine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:32 pm 
Heavyweight

Not even wine for me...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Respectloveothers wrote:

Ill go for wine.

:shock: :shock:

totoo ba un brad... :shock: :shock:

ngayon ko lang nalaman un a..salamat sa info brad... :D :D

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Love this Japanese Doctor!
Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Fruit very good. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Grain good too. Bottom up!

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND......

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Respectloveothers wrote:

Ill go for wine.

James307, salamat sa info. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:30 pm 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:

Love this Japanese Doctor!
Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Fruit very good. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Grain good too. Bottom up!

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND......

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

:beer:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Bagong balita to ahh.

Thanks sa info very eye opener

Blitzky22 wrote:
well, i lost track na, tagal na eh.

ang pag amin.
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=272317&start=45

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:12 pm 
Welterweight

The long-term effects of alcohol (ethanol) consumption range from cardioprotective health benefits for low to moderate alcohol consumption in industrialized societies with higher rates of cardiovascular disease to severe detrimental effects in cases of chronic alcohol abuse. High levels of alcohol consumption are associated with an increased risk of alcoholism, malnutrition, chronic pancreatitis, alcoholic liver disease and cancer. In addition, damage to the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system can occur from chronic alcohol abuse. The long-term use of alcohol is capable of damaging nearly every organ and system in the body. The developing adolescent brain is particularly vulnerable to the toxic effects of alcohol. In addition, the developing fetal brain is also vulnerable, and fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) may result if pregnant mothers consume alcohol.

The inverse relation in Western cultures between alcohol consumption and cardiovascular disease has been known for over 100 years. Many physicians do not promote alcohol consumption, however, given the many health concerns associated with it, some suggest that alcohol should be regarded as a recreational drug, and promote exercise and good nutrition to combat cardiovascular disease. Others have argued that the benefits of moderate alcohol consumption may be outweighed by other increased risks, including those of injuries, violence, fetal damage, liver disease, and certain forms of cancer.

Withdrawal effects and dependence are also almost identical. Alcohol at moderate levels has some positive and negative effects on health. The negative effects include increased risk of liver diseases, oropharyngeal cancer, esophageal cancer and pancreatitis. Conversely moderate intake of alcohol may have some beneficial effects on gastritis and cholelithiasis. Of the total number of deaths and diseases caused by alcohol, most happen to the majority of the population who are moderate drinkers, rather than the heavy drinker minority. Chronic alcohol misuse and abuse has serious effects on physical and mental health. Chronic excess alcohol intake, or alcohol dependence, can lead to a wide range of neuropsychiatric or neurological impairment, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, and malignant neoplasms. The psychiatric disorders which are associated with alcoholism include major depression, dysthymia, mania, hypomania, panic disorder, phobias, generalized anxiety disorder, personality disorders, schizophrenia, suicide, neurologic deficits (e.g. impairments of working memory, emotions, executive functions, visuospatial abilities and gait and balance) and brain damage. Alcohol dependence is associated with hypertension, coronary heart disease, and ischemic stroke, cancer of the respiratory system, and also cancers of the digestive system, liver, breast and ovaries. Heavy drinking is associated with liver disease, such as cirrhosis. Excessive alcohol consumption can have a negative impact on aging.

Recent studies have focused on understanding the mechanisms by which moderate alcohol consumption confers cardiovascular benefit. One study has suggested a beneficial effect of alcohol on patients with hypertension.

More of alcoholic beverages effects on health: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_ ... onsumption

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:30 pm 
Heavyweight

lahat ba ng alak, how about whiskey?......

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:02 pm 
Heavyweight

I have read that drinking whiskey is good for your health....here are the links.....

http://foodtofitness.com/health-benefits-of-whiskey/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/478294-the-health-benefits-of-whiskey/

http://www.boldsky.com/health/wellness/2014/health-benefits-of-whiskey-040319.html

ano masasabi mo dito mang hayme?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:12 pm 
Welterweight

Lahat ng sobra ay nakakasama

at lahat ng nakakasama ay hindi kalooban ng Diyos.

We should not be one sided... HEALTH BENEFITS LANG PALA WHY NOT JUST DRINK HERBAL MEDICINE INSTEAD?

Whiskey side effects and disadvantages...

Alcohol Poisoning – Whisky is a drink that has very large percentage of alcohol in its structure (around 40%), much more than beer or wine (around 8-13%). Because of that, people can lose track of intake while drinking whisky, which can lead to the alcohol poisoning. This illness is a result of the elevated alcohol level in our blood, which can induce difficulties in breathing, gag reflex and elevated heart rate.

Impaired Judgment – Very small amount of whiskey can produce strong side-effects, most noticeably almost immediate impairment to our judgment. People under the influence of alcohol often make rash, risky or illogical decisions, they lose their sense of fear or sometimes get paranoid, afraid and aggressive. The most common examples of impaired judgment caused by drinking are aggressive behavior, drink driving, sexual irresponsibility and in some cases suicidal tendencies.

Cirrhosis – Constant abuse of alcoholic beverages such as scotch whiskey over long periods of time can produce serious side effects and can damage our metabolism. One of the most famous fatal effects of this kind of prolonged whiskey intake is cirrhosis of the liver, which is hardening of the liver that is caused by the buildup of the scar tissue caused by alcohol. This scar tissue restricts the blood flow through the liver, which in turn reduces its potential to purify our blood from harmful toxins, fight infections and regulate blood clotting.

Addiction – Regular intake of alcohol can create very serious physical and mental disorder in which person gets very strongly addicted to alcohol. This very serious addiction can be found all over the world, and governments, medical personnel and various public organizations are fighting daily for better control, prevention, diagnosis and recovery methods to fight against it.

Pregnancy problems – Large intake of alcohol during pregnancy can cause spontaneous abortion and physical or mental disabilities for the fetus (malformations and other birth problems).

Stroke – Because of the strong influence alcohol can have on our metabolism, blood, heart and liver, large and regular intake of whiskey can cause stroke, serious injuries of heart muscle, and in some cases death.

Interference with other diseases – Persons who are affected by the conditions of the liver, affections of the pancreas, Precancerous stages of the digestive system and survivors of the hemorrhagic stroke MUST NOT drink whiskey or any other type of alcohol.

Interference with medication – Whiskey and all other alcohol beverages can strongly interact with some types of medicine, causing severe reaction that can seriously affects our health. Persons who are taking anticoagulants, medication for diabetes, beta blockers, antihistamines, antibiotics, antidepressants, pain relievers and sleeping pills must avoid alcohol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Oo sabi nga sa tv masama daw manigarilyo at uminom ng alak.
Kaya ako eh, hindi na nanonood ng tv.

KUPAL ANG KOKONTRA SA AKIN!
PUTANGINA NYO!

BOYCOTT CHINA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Hayme, di ka ba nakikipaginuman sa mga Tau Gamma?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:21 pm 
Heavyweight

Kung sobra naman lahat ng bagay, masama...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:18 pm 
Heavyweight

wag nu naman masyado pagdiinan ung salitang "sobra"...baka kung san na naman mapunta ung usapan..di na nga makatungo ung tao gaganyanin nu pa... :lol: :lol: