Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:07 am 
Heavyweight

Is Philippine House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez saying extra-marital affairs are “normal”?

Current Speaker of the Philippine House of Representative Pantaleón Álvarez recently came under fire after his extramarital affair was exposed. To be precise, he copped some flak from some sectors of society, but not all. Apparently, it was an “open-secret” in Congress that Alvarez has a girlfriend, but for some “reason”, presumably because he is a man, nobody made a big deal out of it. However, since the information has been made public, there is now outrage coming from his critics, members of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines, and women’s group Gabriela, among others who did not hold back in reminding him that as a lawyer, he is “held to the highest standards of morality, behaviour and professionalism” compared to the rest of us in society.

Well, that’s too bad for Alvarez, I would say. The rest of us can get away with being naughty since we are not lawyers and are not held to the “highest standards of morality, behaviour and professionalism”, if my interpretation is correct.

I think some of the people especially the ones in Alvarez’s circle who are criticising him simply feel obliged to make a “strong” statement against his affair for the sake of the public. I mean, why are they making a fuss about it only now? They should have done it as soon as they caught wind of his illicit girlfriend. I find it hard to believe that they didn’t know about his “dangerous liaison” considering Alvarez wasn’t hiding his girlfriend and was said to be “flaunting” her around town. Some Congressmen like Harry Roque even defended him by saying that Alvarez never concealed his estrangement from his wife and his relationship with his girlfriend anyway. Goes to show that it is normal and acceptable for men in the Philippines to have a girlfriend or girlfriends.

Senator Leila De Lima’s supporters are acting outraged and claiming “double standards” since members of Congress along with the general public made a big deal of De Lima’s own extramarital affair after it was exposed. They were asking how it is that people could be so forgiving of men who are having an affair but harshly judge women who are caught committing the same “offense”? They raised a good question, indeed. I think it is high time people accept that both men and women are capable of having extramarital affairs and should be treated the same way.

I personally don’t judge people who have affairs. I judge them based on their reaction after being found out. It was notable how Alvarez owned up to having a girlfriend immediately after it was exposed. He then admitted to siring eight children with three different women and dared asked other men to cast the first stone if they don’t have a girlfriend:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:16 am 
Heavyweight

Ronnie Dayan: I had 7-year relationship with De Lima
Kimberly Jane Tan, ABS-CBN News

Ronnie Dayan, Senator Leila de Lima's alleged bagman and former driver, admitted on Tuesday that he had a seven-year affair with the former justice secretary.
"Totoo po may relasyon kami, seven years," Dayan told reporters in Camp Crame in Quezon City.

(It's true we had a relationship. It lasted for seven years.)

Dayan said he applied and was accepted as a driver-bodyguard of De Lima in 2007 when she was still in her private law firm, and they lived in the same house, he said at a press conference in the House of Representatives hours after he was booked.

Dayan also said he last talked with De Lima in 2014, which was when their relationship apparently ended.

Dayan said he was no longer working for De Lima in 2015 or a year before the 2016 elections.

Asked if he had a message for De Lima, he refused to answer.

"Ayaw niya, ayaw niya daw sagutin yan," Philippine National Police Chief Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa, who presented Dayan to reporters, said.

(He doesn't want to, he doesn't want to answer that question.)

Dayan was presented to the media on Tuesday after authorities arrested him in La Union. He went into hiding months ago after he was accused of receiving drug money from Bilibid inmates meant for
De Lima's 2016 senatorial campaign.

De Lima last week admitted her past romantic affair with Dayan, but maintained that she never accepted drug payoffs.

She said the relationship lasted for a “few years” and that Dayan had long been separated from his wife. She said she broke up with him before she ran for senator.

"We became so close. That's it. I trusted him. Siyempre, naano po ang loob ko," she said.

Last week, De Lima said Dayan getting drug money using her name without her permission is "within the realm of possibilities," but said she would have noticed it if it was true.

Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre said Dayan's capture will "tie up the loose ends and supply the missing links" in the cases filed before his department.

Earlier in the day, De Lima asked authorities to treat Dayan and the other witnesses testifying against her right.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/11/22/16/r ... th-de-lima

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:19 am 
Heavyweight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 am 
Heavyweight

Lawmaker’s wife to run vs husband’s alleged mistress

CABADBARAN CITY, Philippines — The wife of Rep. Erlpe John Amante (2nd District, Agusan del Norte) yesterday confirmed her plan to run for mayor here in May 2016.

She will be part of what appears to be a three-cornered fight among her, her husband’s alleged mistress and provincial board member Rey Jamboy.

Judy Chin-Amante declared during a press conference that she would run with or without the support of her sister-in-law Gov. Maria Angelica Amante-Matba, who is also at odds with the lawmaker.

“But I am hoping Governor Angel will support me in 2016. My children want me to do this, to do something right for the people. My late parents-in-law served Cabadbaran well. If only they were alive today, I know deep in their hearts they won’t allow these things to happen to us,” Judy said.

Her brand of politics, she added, will center on morality, good governance, women and children’s rights.

Mayor Dale Corvera said it was a pity that Cabadbaran, Agusan del Norte’s capital city, has been subjected to an overblown family problem that makes its residents mere shock absorbers to varied rumors and insinuations.

“I don’t like the idea of dragging the entire city into the infighting between the legal wife and illegal wife because they can resolve that in court or in private. They have only divided the barangay and city officials and the constituents too early,” Corvera added.

During the press conference, Judy said her husband has been going around the city barangays with Katrina Mortola, whom he allegedly introduced as his “soulmate.”

Neither Rep. Amante nor Mortola, who also belongs to an influential political clan, could be reached for comment.

Judy, who has three children with the lawmaker, said she also filed a suit in a Manila-based court for financial support.

“My husband has been going around the (city’s) barangays for months now with his mistress for political consultations. He had been planning this early to push his mistress to run for mayor in Cabadbaran,” she added.

Pastor Cyrus Olaer, president of the Coalition of Evangelical Churches of Cabadbaran City, said the group would provide “spiritual guidelines” for their members so they will vote based on issues and not personalities in the May 2016 elections.

He admitted though that the moral and righteousness advocacy may be difficult to push, citing “money politics” as having weighed heavily on voter preference in previous elections.

“But look at the end results of this dirty money politics in our society now – immorality, proliferation of illegal drugs, broken families. This social disorder is threatening the very existence and foundation of the church. We have to do something,” he added.

He said 27 of 31 city barangays are allied with Rep. Amante while four are with the governor.

Family law expert Mark Kristopher Tolentino earlier said the rift between Gov. Amante and the lawmaker is “irreconcilable” and described the mayoral race as somewhat reduced to a “beauty contest.”

http://www.philstar.com:8080/headlines/ ... d-mistress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 am 
Heavyweight

JABEZJ wrote:

wag kang tatawa lang... share din yang nalalaman mo..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:00 pm 
Heavyweight

tiyanak2 wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:

At least maganda ang chicas... :lol: :lol:
Inggit ka lang... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:03 pm 
Cruiserweight

JABEZJ wrote:
tiyanak2 wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:

At least maganda ang chicas... :lol: :lol:
Inggit ka lang... :lol: :lol:

Kaya pala natalo sa BGC... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:25 pm 
Heavyweight

This is old news...Bell bottom pa ang pantalon... :lol:
Binay is never a womanizer...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:31 pm 
Cruiserweight

JABEZJ wrote:
This is old news...Bell bottom pa ang pantalon... :lol:
Binay is never a womanizer...

Tingin ko rin old news to kasi bell bottom way back somewhere pa ata, pero in fairness di nagbago istura ni Binay...este itsura...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hi nancy............ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:18 pm 

huh!

eh si Binay mukang 60+ na eh.

ilan taon na ba sya ngayon? 90's ?

:D

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:35 pm 
Heavyweight

Bumalik yung bell bottom jeans nung 90s.

so definitely 90's era yang pic..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

tiyanak2 wrote:

Kahit anung era un pa rin si binay :( :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:52 pm 
Heavyweight

mel4gov wrote:
tiyanak2 wrote:

Kahit anung era un pa rin si binay :( :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 pm 
Heavyweight

how about a stricter law penalizing the offender and closing the loopholes in the current law to protect the integrity of the filipino family.

-guaranteed 50% of income to support children or aggrieved party (+ remarry option)
-an offender have no right to remarry
-jail time for emotional affairs & one night stands
-more severe punishment if the offender is a public official
-walk of shame ala GOT when being admitted to jail :diablo:
-extended plea of insanity mga 1 week :diablo:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:40 pm 
Heavyweight

bawal mambabae...........

ang supot pa. :lol: :lol: