Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:18 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:55 pm 
Lightweight

Alright, I saw the video of journeys concert in vegas and there was a Philippine Flag waving. I felt it was cheap and Hambog. I am proud that Arnel is representing us but I think it will make some fans angry and will just ruin AP. Journey have loyal fans around the world and I don't think they will like it. I just hope it will stop.

Last edited by imPACtito on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:02 pm 
Heavyweight

imPACtito wrote:
Alright, I saw the video of journeys concert in vegas and there was a Philippine Flag waving. I felt it was cheap and Hambog. I am proud that Arnel is representing us but I think it will make some american fans angry and will just ruin AP. I just hope it will stop.

maybe he's claiming journey as a filipino band :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:08 pm 
Lightweight

el critico wrote:
imPACtito wrote:
Alright, I saw the video of journeys concert in vegas and there was a Philippine Flag waving. I felt it was cheap and Hambog. I am proud that Arnel is representing us but I think it will make some american fans angry and will just ruin AP. I just hope it will stop.

maybe he's claiming journey as a filipino band :biglaugh:

maybe.. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:19 pm 
Welterweight

mga bro inggit lang kayo :lol:

trans.

both of you are so cute :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:22 pm 
Middleweight

What the hell is the problem with that? Is the majority of Journey fans are racists and stupid like you? Apartheid era is a thing of the past. Don't bring your K.K.Klan attitude here.

Don't spoil the glory you miserable piece of ++++! Go get your own life.
Peace.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:35 pm 
Heavyweight

...in my place, with or without patriotic occasion we wave/display our flag, it's no big deal...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:39 pm 
Heavyweight

i don't care it's his/her trip to wave the flag. racists will descriminate you waving a flag or not. if it's a british flag would you still comment?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:41 pm 
Middleweight

I waved the American flag, not the Philippines.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:49 pm 
Welterweight

maryhazel wrote:
What the hell is the problem with that? Is the majority of Journey fans are racists and stupid like you? Apartheid era is a thing of the past. Don't bring your K.K.Klan attitude here.

Peace.

Don't get mad.The thread starter is just telling the truth.
Waving the Philippine flag at a Journey concert just because the replacement singer is Pinoy or posting nationalistic comment in youtube like'Pinoy Rules" or"Pinoys are the best" is ALOT more racist.
You'll never see a Black Guy waving a Black Power flag at a 50 cent concert or a Mexican guy waving the mexican flag at a Rage GAinst the Machine concert.
Only ignorant Pinoys do that kind of sh*t.
He's not even the original singer and that band was dead along time ago.They don't even play their songs on radio anyomore.
It's so embarrasing. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

it's uncalled for...

it is not a venue to display patriotic pride...it is ok if u do that in a boxing match or a football event...

im not against it either...it is just that, it should displayed at the right place and at the right time...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:56 pm 
Heavyweight

rexx1 wrote:
maryhazel wrote:

Peace.

Don't get mad.The thread starter is just telling the truth.
Waving the Philippine flag at a Journey concert just because the replacement singer is Pinoy or posting nationalistic comment in youtube like'Pinoy Rules" or"Pinoys are the best" is ALOT more racist.
You'll never see a Black Guy waving a Black Power flag at a 50 cent concert or a Mexican guy waving the mexican flag at a Rage GAinst the Machine concert.
Only ignorant Pinoys do that kind of sh*t.
He's not even the original singer and that band was dead along time ago.They don't even play their songs on radio anyomore.
It's so embarrasing. :(

let's say the journey replacement singer is a nigerian, and somebody from the audience a nigerian is waving a nigerian flag. is it "nakakahiya"? IT is our mentality that is nakakahiya. there's nothing wrong with waving a flag.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:12 pm 
Lightweight

colt45 wrote:
it's uncalled for...

it is not a venue to display patriotic pride...it is ok if u do that in a boxing match or a football event...

im not against it either...it is just that, it should displayed at the right place and at the right time...

I agree.. I myself is proud to be a filipino, but waiving flag to a concert that is loved not just one particular country but all countries with different races is totally uncalled for. It actually creates invisible barrier of some sort to other races who appreciate the music as well as the new singer. Hopefully it wont backfire againts Arnel Pineda as he does a very good job reviving Journey.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:20 pm 
Heavyweight

imPACtito wrote:
Alright, I saw the video of journeys concert in vegas and there was a Philippine Flag waving. I felt it was cheap and Hambog. I am proud that Arnel is representing us but I think it will make some fans angry and will just ruin AP. Journey have loyal fans around the world and I don't think they will like it. I just hope it will stop.

That's the US of A, where the term "Freedom of Expression" is a mantra among its citizens. What seems to be your problem? 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:26 pm 
Middleweight

colt45 wrote:
it's uncalled for...

FUUCK RELIGION ^ FUUCK NATIONALITY. IT'S WHAT DIVIDES US. WHILE FUUCKING UNITES US. LISTEN TO LENNON'S SONG 'IMAGINE'.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:31 pm 
Cruiserweight

sourgrapping? because theres no mexican flag! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next