Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Who are you voting for US President?
Barak Obama(democrat) 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Mitt Romney(republican) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gary Johnson (libertarian) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: Who are you voting for?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 am 
Heavyweight

Presidential election is coming near. who are you voting for and why?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 am 
Heavyweight

If only Ron Paul was on the list ...... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 pm 
Heavyweight

obama will still win this one.

although many are frustrated about his broken promises.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:50 pm 
Heavyweight

Obama for sure.

charisma, charisma and charisma! deym :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:26 pm 
Heavyweight

JCOOL2329 wrote:
If only Ron Paul was on the list ...... 8)

what was ron paul's platform that you like and how will it benefits you?

even if the person you like is not in the ballot, you need to look at the platform of the candidates ans see which platform benefits you the most. remember, if you don't vote, you are fulfilling someone else interest.

Last edited by jasperjack1968 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:28 pm 
Heavyweight

soyamilk wrote:
Obama for sure.

charisma lang? :shock: only the one with charisma will do well bro. think of something that benefits you, your family and the people of your social class as a whole.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:29 pm 
Heavyweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
obama will still win this one.

although many are frustrated about his broken promises.

what broken promise? like flipping the economy from worse to what it's been before 2000?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:02 pm 
Heavyweight

US election is coming , significant issues are on the table and will be decided depending who wins this election. Most pinoys here don't give a sh!t . I'm hoping America won;t become like Philippines who are inhabited by people who don't give a sh!t.

Rich people seemed to be the only few to proactively participates the democratic process, and are even willing to donate huge sums to make the system work in their favor. no wonder over the years the gap between the middle class and the high income are getting wider because the majority allowed to top earners to screw us even more.

influence other pinoys to vote for the candidate that speaks for the middle class. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:25 pm 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
soyamilk wrote:
Obama for sure.

charisma lang? :shock: only the one with charisma will do well bro. think of something that benefits you, your family and the people of your social class as a whole.

The Romney-Ryan economic plan:

Cut income and corporate taxes
Eliminate at least some tax deductions (neither candidate has mentioned specific ones)
Preserve defense spending
Cut Medicare spending
Trim other government spending
Gradually shrink the budget deficit but not balance the budget for a least a decade

At a more detailed level, the Romney-Ryan plan will likely lead to the highest-income Americans paying less in taxes, while making lower- and middle-income Americans pay more (through elimination of tax deductions that disproportionately help these Americans). Earlier this year, the Tax Policy Center found that Romney's tax plan would reduce effective tax rates for the the richest Americans and raise them for the poorest.

The Romney-Ryan plan will also likely cut Medicare benefits, which disproportionately help lower- and middle-class Americans.

Go Charismatic Obama :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:42 pm 
Heavyweight

soyamilk wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
soyamilk wrote:
Obama for sure.

The Romney-Ryan economic plan:

Cut income and corporate taxes
Eliminate at least some tax deductions (neither candidate has mentioned specific ones)
Preserve defense spending
Cut Medicare spending
Trim other government spending
Gradually shrink the budget deficit but not balance the budget for a least a decade

At a more detailed level, the Romney-Ryan plan will likely lead to the highest-income Americans paying less in taxes, while making lower- and middle-income Americans pay more (through elimination of tax deductions that disproportionately help these Americans). Earlier this year, the Tax Policy Center found that Romney's tax plan would reduce effective tax rates for the the richest Americans and raise them for the poorest.

The Romney-Ryan plan will also likely cut Medicare benefits, which disproportionately help lower- and middle-class Americans.

Go Charismatic Obama :D

that's the scary facts about this romney-ryan ticket. i got some old classmates will likely vote for romney. they sold to the propaganda that obama will be a welfare president. i doubt if they ever thoroughly examined the platform of both. the romney ticket could adversely affect the middle class way of living. i hope they will inform themselves a lot more.