Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:42 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Why most Americans don't like our food?
A. Poor presentation 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
B. it's a food from a 3rd world country 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
C. Afraid it might have dog meat in it 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
D. Unfamiliarity 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
E. lack of promotion by the filipinos 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 23
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:13 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
BCngSPC wrote:
Most of people I served Pinoy food to, in the States, liked what I served but commented it was too oily or fatty. I would reply, that's were the taste is. :D


as if American foods are not oily and fatty. :lol:

I really think our food presentation sucks. Most americans are particular with food presentation as far as I'm concerned.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:16 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
zeke_gabriel wrote:
my american and canadian friends like adobo, pancit canton and sinigang


all americans I knew likes pancit and fried lumpia. One time my daughter brought in pancit on their cultural day....gone in seconds. :D

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:20 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
soyamilk wrote:
Because Americans have very poor taste for food choice. They invented junk and chemically-processed foods.


that's a very hateful racist remark bro. chemical preservatives has been in every food in this modern times. MSG was still widely used in Philippines long before americans stopped using it.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:45 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:42 pm
Posts: 1973
Location: kamuning
Filipino food lacks visual presentation and identity. To most foreigners, our local cuisine seems very chaotic to look at.
The Theory behind it is that Emperors and Kings never existed at our culture. Sa ibang lahi, kailangan ng visual presentation and creativity, because cooks and chefs needs to impress their Kings and Queens, Emperors and Empresses, plus concubines. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
El Pintor wrote:
Filipino food lacks visual presentation and identity. To most foreigners, our local cuisine seems very chaotic to look at.
The Theory behind it is that Emperors and Kings never existed at our culture. Sa ibang lahi, kailangan ng visual presentation and creativity, because cooks and chefs needs to impress their Kings and Queens, Emperors and Empresses, plus concubines. :mrgreen:



our local cuisine seems very chaotic there's our cuisine identity bro. Pinoy chefs needs to promote pinoy foods in a creative and presentable way.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:51 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 11204
some Americans do buy take out.

_________________
Seriousness is a disease.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 11204
they should try using local ingredients such as asparagus, etc.

_________________
Seriousness is a disease.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
Barabarabay wrote:
some Americans do buy take out.


I haven't seen any pinoy food take out.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:56 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 11204
it's okay to borrow from others: why can't we use such ingredients as lemongrass, etc.?

_________________
Seriousness is a disease.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 11204
jasperjack1968 wrote:
Barabarabay wrote:
some Americans do buy take out.


I haven't seen any pinoy food take out.


I do but on rare occasions only. Mexicans do buy or eat in on a regular basis.

_________________
Seriousness is a disease.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:59 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 1:36 pm
Posts: 7408
Bai JJ, I have mentioned this before and I think the reason why is that most westerns doesm't alway eat with rice. Kaya para sa kanila masyadong maalat or malasa ang food natin kasi hindi nmn sila sanay na yung pagkain hinahalo sa kanin.

Even here in Vietnam, pag kumakain ka sa restaurant, kung kakain ka ng rice, ulam at soup. Hindi talaga nila sinasabaw yung soup sa rice. Inuubos muna nila ang pagkain then go for the soup. Yung soup din nila is gulay lng at parang tubig.

Pinoy lng ata na talagang nilalagyan natin ng lasa ang sabaw kasi sinasahug natin sa rice kung kumakain. :D

_________________
Sure, drinking kills brain cells, but only the weak ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:42 pm
Posts: 1973
Location: kamuning
Another observation: Mahilig ang pinoy mag-share sa sawsawan. Unhygienic yun para sa ibang makikisalo sa ating pagkain. .. And offensive naman para sa isang foreign cook. It means hindi masarap ang timpla ng luto nya kung kaya't kailangan pa ng sawsawan, like patis, toyo, bagoong, suka, balaw-balaw, kalamansi etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
redhorse wrote:
Bai JJ, I have mentioned this before and I think the reason why is that most westerns doesm't alway eat with rice. Kaya para sa kanila masyadong maalat or malasa ang food natin kasi hindi nmn sila sanay na yung pagkain hinahalo sa kanin.

Even here in Vietnam, pag kumakain ka sa restaurant, kung kakain ka ng rice, ulam at soup. Hindi talaga nila sinasabaw yung soup sa rice. Inuubos muna nila ang pagkain then go for the soup. Yung soup din nila is gulay lng at parang tubig.

Pinoy lng ata na talagang nilalagyan natin ng lasa ang sabaw kasi sinasahug natin sa rice kung kumakain. :D


that's pinoy food in a pinoy way. just like japanese food sushi, it's a japanese way. There are still a lot of americans who will squirm at the thought of eating raw fish but it's now widely accepted in US. But you'll see how sushi's and sashimi's are served in an artful way. presentation means a lot.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:14 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 1:36 pm
Posts: 7408
jasperjack1968 wrote:
redhorse wrote:
Bai JJ, I have mentioned this before and I think the reason why is that most westerns doesm't alway eat with rice. Kaya para sa kanila masyadong maalat or malasa ang food natin kasi hindi nmn sila sanay na yung pagkain hinahalo sa kanin.

Even here in Vietnam, pag kumakain ka sa restaurant, kung kakain ka ng rice, ulam at soup. Hindi talaga nila sinasabaw yung soup sa rice. Inuubos muna nila ang pagkain then go for the soup. Yung soup din nila is gulay lng at parang tubig.

Pinoy lng ata na talagang nilalagyan natin ng lasa ang sabaw kasi sinasahug natin sa rice kung kumakain. :D


that's pinoy food in a pinoy way. just like japanese food sushi, it's a japanese way. There are still a lot of americans who will squirm at the thought of eating raw fish but it's now widely accepted in US. But you'll see how sushi's and sashimi's are served in an artful way. presentation means a lot.


eto bai.. familiar ka ba? Image

My presentation ba yan? Why is it so expensive?

_________________
Sure, drinking kills brain cells, but only the weak ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
redhorse wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
redhorse wrote:
Bai JJ, I have mentioned this before and I think the reason why is that most westerns doesm't alway eat with rice. Kaya para sa kanila masyadong maalat or malasa ang food natin kasi hindi nmn sila sanay na yung pagkain hinahalo sa kanin.

Even here in Vietnam, pag kumakain ka sa restaurant, kung kakain ka ng rice, ulam at soup. Hindi talaga nila sinasabaw yung soup sa rice. Inuubos muna nila ang pagkain then go for the soup. Yung soup din nila is gulay lng at parang tubig.

Pinoy lng ata na talagang nilalagyan natin ng lasa ang sabaw kasi sinasahug natin sa rice kung kumakain. :D


that's pinoy food in a pinoy way. just like japanese food sushi, it's a japanese way. There are still a lot of americans who will squirm at the thought of eating raw fish but it's now widely accepted in US. But you'll see how sushi's and sashimi's are served in an artful way. presentation means a lot.


eto bai.. familiar ka ba? Image

My presentation ba yan? Why is it so expensive?


Italians probably pioneered caviar. Their culture os established as superior to a culture of a 3rd world. They have the upperhand reputation so they can sell almost anything.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group