Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:17 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Why most Americans don't like our food?
A. Poor presentation 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
B. it's a food from a 3rd world country 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
C. Afraid it might have dog meat in it 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
D. Unfamiliarity 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
E. lack of promotion by the filipinos 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 23
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:22 am 
Middleweight

but they like the lechon specially from cebu..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 am 
Welterweight

Americans like Filipina tahong though. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:49 am 
Heavyweight

antatsapaks wrote:
gabbi wrote:
ok tong thread na to, may natututunan ako.

Matututo ka mag-suck :biglaugh:

what exactly do you mean, Antz?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:36 am 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:

Italians probably pioneered caviar. Their culture os established as superior to a culture of a 3rd world. They have the upperhand reputation so they can sell almost anything.

So it is not something with the presentation, right? In the near future our food will also be know. It only needs more exposure.

But you have to agree with me that in Fiesta's or any accassion, you can't eat the filipino dish without. :D

eto ang example bai Kare-kare, we think na masarap sya kasi sinasahug natin sa rice at na neutralize. Imagine mo yung foreigner na hindi sanay sa rice then na tikman yang kare-kare, so of course hindi talaga nya ma appreciate.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:50 am 
Light Heavyweight

Ngayon ko lang napag-nilay-nilayan ang title nitong thread. Gumamit si TS ng salitang "don't like". Ayaw ba talaga ng mga Americans sa pinoy cuisine or hindi lang sila familiar dito? Hindi po kaya mas appropriate na gamitin ang salitang " not popular or familiar" ? Honest question lang po ito. What do you think Paclanders? :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:15 am 
Heavyweight

redhorse wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

Italians probably pioneered caviar. Their culture os established as superior to a culture of a 3rd world. They have the upperhand reputation so they can sell almost anything.

So it is not something with the presentation, right? In the near future our food will also be know. It only needs more exposure.

But you have to agree with me that in Fiesta's or any accassion, you can't eat the filipino dish without. :D

eto ang example bai Kare-kare, we think na masarap sya kasi sinasahug natin sa rice at na neutralize. Imagine mo yung foreigner na hindi sanay sa rice then na tikman yang kare-kare, so of course hindi talaga nya ma appreciate.

Kumakain din sila ng rice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:56 am 
Heavyweight

maalat at mavetsin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 am 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
Barabarabay wrote:
some Americans do buy take out.

I haven't seen any pinoy food take out.

Gonzales Grocery and Kitchen. Kodiak Island Alaska.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 am 
Heavyweight

Kasi ang pinoy food, kelangan may kanin talaga.

Very few pinoy food is actually good to be eaten alone. Which is something Americans and Europeans like. Try eating our foods without rice. Its too much. Either too salty, to sweet, too bitter, too everything. We designed that because we eat it with rice which acts as a form of neutralizer. Eat salty ulam, sabayan ng kanin :mrgreen:

Now most foreigners who try our food eat them without rice. And they find it to be too overpowering.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:46 am 
Heavyweight

redhorse wrote:
eto bai.. familiar ka ba? Image

My presentation ba yan? Why is it so expensive?

There are cheap caviar. Depende sa pinanggalingang isda. Sturgeon is on the endangered list, therefore caviar from sturgeon if still found is expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:48 am 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
redhorse wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

Kumakain din sila ng rice

Rissoto or frito bolito.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:51 am 
Heavyweight

El Pintor wrote:
Ngayon ko lang napag-nilay-nilayan ang title nitong thread. Gumamit si TS ng salitang "don't like". Ayaw ba talaga ng mga Americans sa pinoy cuisine or hindi lang sila familiar dito? Hindi po kaya mas appropriate na gamitin ang salitang " not popular or familiar" ? Honest question lang po ito. What do you think Paclanders? :D

"Most" is the word. Some will even say our food looks disgusting but tasty.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:58 am 
Heavyweight

they will not fish if it looks like fish ie. with the head. :lol:

some of our food if served by itself are cloyingly sweet like longanisa, tocino, etc. some Americans don't like that. solution: use them as an ingredient of dish as in an omelet, as a taco filling etc.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Sorry for getting, somewhat, out of topic.

In 1991, there was this Puti who came with my friend to a Pinoy party. Sinundo ko pa. On the way to party, he seemed really interested about Pinoy cuisine. But as the trip progressed ( it was about an hour's drive), his iterest started to sound more and more condescending of what Pinoys might eat.

When we got to the party, the buffet was well on the way. There was Chicken/Pork Adobo; Kare-Kare; Pancit; Lumpia; Menudo; Leche Flan; Fruit Salad; Lechon Kawali; and more.

But there was also a huge Steamed Rockfish. He stuck with me on the line, obviously enjoying his "superiority." When we got to the fish, I told him, "good they saved the eye for you. You're a special guest." With that I took my fork and dug out the eye and put it in my mouth, sucked on it, and let out only the little white pupil.

I then told him, "let's turn it around so you can have the other eye."

His face turned from white, to a beige, to light yellow, to light green. That really felt good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:31 pm 
Heavyweight

BCngSPC wrote:
Sorry for getting, somewhat, out of topic.

In 1991, there was this Puti who came with my friend to a Pinoy party. Sinundo ko pa. On the way to party, he seemed really interested about Pinoy cuisine. But as the trip progressed ( it was about an hour's drive), his iterest started to sound more and more condescending of what Pinoys might eat.

When we got to the party, the buffet was well on the way. There was Chicken/Pork Adobo; Kare-Kare; Pancit; Lumpia; Menudo; Leche Flan; Fruit Salad; Lechon Kawali; and more.

But there was also a huge Steamed Rockfish. He stuck with me on the line, obviously enjoying his "superiority." When we got to the fish, I told him, "good they saved the eye for you. You're a special guest." With that I took my fork and dug out the eye and put it in my mouth, sucked on it, and let out only the little white pupil.

I then told him, "let's turn it around so you can have the other eye."

His face turned from white, to a beige, to light yellow, to light green. That really felt good.

That' a good one. Actually fosh eue tastes good especially from a big fish

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next