Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:55 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:52 am 
Heavyweight

When did the prayer became OK?
To whom are you praying jj?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:13 am 
Heavyweight

Pssst silent please may nag pray :D Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:09 am 
Heavyweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
dencio wrote:

yes we know the TS very well.

every thread is about bible, prayers and the existence of God.

so else is new? :sling:

questioning religion is very new to you. everything is fair game to me when in doesn't make sense. I can't find sense believing the bible. I tried to provoke you guys to get the best of you all why you believe. same sagot..."ah basta, yun paniwala ko, respeto lang. "

Quote:
of course that's not new to me. i have debated with a lot of religions before, one is even a formal one here in pacland.

the thing is you want it just to be a one way street.

I'm not stopping you to say what you believe. I will either agree or disagree and vice versa. no big deal.
Quote:
it's easy to say the burden of proof is on us.
you show me proofs of god and I'll show you proof findings by science and let's compare how such proofs came about.

Quote:
it's easier to reject any arguments we'll present saying it's not convincing enough.
we'll if you tell me the bible is a book of god's proofs, you need to do better than that. knowing you're a doctor and deals with evidenced based science, I expect a higher level of proof from you.
Quote:
but how about your big bang sh1t? what evidence can you give us? :?

I'll give you a sampler.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWorqxJh4Yk
You're smart enough to be a doctor you should be smart enough to look for scientific explanation of the big bang. the big bang theory is widely accepted by renown cosmologists.

Quote:
how about your ape ancestors? :?

the burden of proof is on you too, JJ!
read about charles darwin how he come up with such theory and why his theory is widely accepted by scientific community. you are unbelievable dencio.you wasted your years of studying medicine that requires a higher level of thinking only to fall back to such primitive religious belief.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 am 
Cruiserweight

im praying na mabuksan ang isip at puso ni jj at magkaroo sya ng kapanatagan sa buhay. haleluya! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:14 pm 
Heavyweight

doctor vs nurse

who's more credible?

obyus naman

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 pm 
Heavyweight

pilyo2bay wrote:
Pssst silent please may nag pray :D Image

marunong din pla mag pray si Charles Darwin..... :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 pm 
Heavyweight

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:26 pm 
Welterweight

KaPUSA wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

If people wants to pray i got no problem with that bro. If you ask me if i think it will help....hell no!

Now you are saying you got no problem if people wants to pray. Why in the first place did you bring this topic up? I believe your main reason why you posted this topic is to tell us that prayer is useless and lunatic.

For you prayer does not help! Yes I believe it will not help for a non believer but for a believer it helps.

Here are studies what prayer can do!

Feeling Angry? Say a Prayer and the Wrath Fades Away, Study Suggests
ScienceDaily (Mar. 22, 2011) — Saying a prayer may help many people feel less angry and behave less aggressively after someone has left them fuming, new research suggests.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/12/101214085328.htm

Prayer Can Help People Handle Difficult Emotions, Study Suggests
ScienceDaily (Dec. 28, 2010) — Those who choose to pray find personalized comfort during hard times, according to a University of Wisconsin-Madison sociologist. The 75 percent of Americans who pray on a weekly basis do so to manage a range of negative situations and emotions -- illness, sadness, trauma and anger ...

In short, praying is psychological medicine only.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:54 pm 
Heavyweight

MEG wrote:
doctor vs nurse

who's more credible?

obyus naman

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Again another display of flawed logic from a believer who believes in pre conceived notion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:57 pm 
Heavyweight

Packman wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

If people wants to pray i got no problem with that bro. If you ask me if i think it will help....hell no!

Now you are saying you got no problem if people wants to pray. Why in the first place did you bring this topic up? I believe your main reason why you posted this topic is to tell us that prayer is useless and lunatic.

For you prayer does not help! Yes I believe it will not help for a non believer but for a believer it helps.

ScienceDaily (Mar. 22, 2011) — Saying a prayer may help many people feel less angry and behave less aggressively after someone has left them fuming, new research suggests.

ScienceDaily (Dec. 28, 2010) — Those who choose to pray find personalized comfort during hard times, according to a University of Wisconsin-Madison sociologist. The 75 percent of Americans who pray on a weekly basis do so to manage a range of negative situations and emotions -- illness, sadness, trauma and anger ...

Exactly. And it won't go far. If the cause problem is not resolved, the person will fall back to reality. I call it false reassurance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 pm 
Welterweight

Packman wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

jasperjack1968 wrote:
Exactly. And it won't go far. If the cause problem is not resolved, the person will fall back to reality. I call it false reassurance.

I personally don't believe that God could do all sorts of wondrous and spectacular things we ask. So, instead of closing my eyes and pray I rather face the reality.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:24 pm 
Heavyweight

Packman wrote:
Packman wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:

jasperjack1968 wrote:

I personally don't believe that God could do all sorts of wondrous and spectacular things we ask. So, instead of closing my eyes and pray I rather face the reality.

Correct. Reality doesn't change simply because we don't like it. Real problems requirs real solution-it's a simple common sense

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:53 am 
Cruiserweight

hanggang walang ebidens, wento lang ya^an... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:32 pm 
Heavyweight

wala p rin picture? ebidens naman para complete ang yabangan thread mo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:44 pm 
Welterweight

no photo? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next