Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:38 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:03 pm
Posts: 376
KaPUSA wrote:
Packman wrote:
I personally don't believe that God could do all sorts of wondrous and spectacular things we ask. So, instead of closing my eyes and pray I rather face the reality.


Then GO.

God gave you the power to choose!

Think of this: our God-given power to choose proves the existence of an Almighty God. We have been endowed with the power to obey or even to disobey.

(Deut. 30:19)
“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live…”


God never talk to me and tell me "it's your choice man". Now, how can you make me believe that God gave me a power to choose?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
Packman wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
Packman wrote:
I personally don't believe that God could do all sorts of wondrous and spectacular things we ask. So, instead of closing my eyes and pray I rather face the reality.


Then GO.

God gave you the power to choose!

Think of this: our God-given power to choose proves the existence of an Almighty God. We have been endowed with the power to obey or even to disobey.

(Deut. 30:19)
“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live…”


God never talk to me and tell me "it's your choice man". Now, how can you make me believe that God gave me a power to choose?


only god can answer that. wait for god. don't listen to these primitive clowns.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:27 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:49 am
Posts: 4932
Packman wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
Packman wrote:
I personally don't believe that God could do all sorts of wondrous and spectacular things we ask. So, instead of closing my eyes and pray I rather face the reality.


Then GO.

God gave you the power to choose!

Think of this: our God-given power to choose proves the existence of an Almighty God. We have been endowed with the power to obey or even to disobey.

(Deut. 30:19)
“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live…”


God never talk to me and tell me "it's your choice man". Now, how can you make me believe that God gave me a power to choose?


When you read the verse I posted that is the time God talked to you! Although not in audible manner but in written or text message. And, I hope you got his message clearly. Well, to repeat it, God gave you the power to choose. Now you have a choice to make. 1.) Will you deny God talked to you or 2) will you give him praise for talking to you. Forget choice #2 because you are hardcore atheist! You will never in your heart accept God and his messages through the Bible!


God communicate with us through the Bible!

2 Timothy 3:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

_________________
You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:35 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:03 pm
Posts: 376
Packman wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
Packman wrote:
I personally don't believe that God could do all sorts of wondrous and spectacular things we ask. So, instead of closing my eyes and pray I rather face the reality.


Then GO.

God gave you the power to choose!

Think of this: our God-given power to choose proves the existence of an Almighty God. We have been endowed with the power to obey or even to disobey.

(Deut. 30:19)
“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live…”


God never talk to me and tell me "it's your choice man". Now, how can you make me believe that God gave me a power to choose?

KaPUSA wrote:
When you read the verse I posted that is the time God talked to you! Although not in audible manner but in written or text message. And, I hope you got his message clearly. Well, to repeat it, God gave you the power to choose. Now you have a choice to make. 1.) Will you deny God talked to you or 2) will you give him praise for talking to you. Forget choice #2 because you are hardcore atheist! You will never in your heart accept God and his messages through the Bible!


God communicate with us through the Bible!

2 Timothy 3:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

How will I know that the God is the author of the bible? And that bible is the medium he used to communicate to us? I myself can write verses, stories and bind it as a book and call it a Bible. Why not God talk to us face to face to avoid conflict? Why should any one have to accept ancient writing and hearsay without evidence of the existence?

I'm not atheist, I prefer to be called a skeptic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:49 am
Posts: 4932
Packman wrote:
How will I know that the God is the author of the bible? And that bible is the medium he used to communicate to us? I myself can write verses, stories and bind it as a book and call it a Bible. Why not God talk to us face to face to avoid conflict? Why should any one have to accept ancient writing and hearsay without evidence of the existence?

I'm not atheist, I prefer to be called a skeptic.


How will I know that the God is the author of the bible?

2 Timothy 3:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed


And that bible is the medium he used to communicate to us?
Just consider the Bible as a memo to you from God. In an office your boss can communicate with you by memos, email etc.. If your boss want to fire or promote you without the need to see you face to face he can just issue memo or send email to you.

I myself can write verses, stories and bind it as a book and call it a Bible.
Then GO! Again you were given by God the free will. Who knows the author of the next best selling book is a Filipino.

Why not God talk to us face to face to avoid conflict?
Bakit sawa ka na ba sa buhay at gusto mo nang subukan ang kabilang buhay? (Joke lang)

Exodus 33:18
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live."



Why should any one have to accept ancient writing and hearsay without evidence of the existence?

Again, God gave you the free will. You can reject it if you want and that is your right. As to existence, there are ancient manuscripts preserved.

I'm not atheist, I prefer to be called a skeptic.
Salamat sa paglilinaw bro.

Bro hanggat maari gusto ko ang biblia ang sasagot sa mga katanungan sa akin sa thread na ito pero katiting lang ang alam ko at saka useless kung sa tingin mo ang biblia ay hearsay. Pahirap ng pahirap ang mga tanong mo baka mapahiya na ako kung wala akong maisasagot (hehehe). Sabagay ganyan naman ang skeptics matanong hanggat hindi satisfied sa resulta. Sometimes I have to admit kung hanggang saan lang ang kakayahan ng kukote ko.

Sabi nga ni JJ, don't listen to us primitive clowns.

Maraming salamat bro.

_________________
You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:46 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 40276
Location: Short arm of chromosome 6
jasperjack1968 wrote:
This week, many states of US in the East coast near the shore area were devastated by a huge storm that left many people without power and heat. I'm thankful our area did not sustain a significant damage other than power outage for days. We just got ours back today but some area of my friends some even with small kids still have no power.

Here's my correspondence in facebook:

sockie wrote:No power, no cell service, no hot water, still relying on God's sufficient provisions. Thank God for friends and neighbors who are here to help. This is a very difficult situation to be in, parents like us try our very best to be stronger for our kids but there are definitely times at night when all is still and dark when I cant help but cry and just let my heart weep. I'm not doubting my God...not one bit, He has proven His love more times than I can count...my heart just needs these quiet times to let God show me what my spirit needs the most...The kids and I are fine, Marlo comes over when he is not working. We are thankful that we are all safe. Still praying for those who are in a worse situation than we are in...

Jasper reply: socks pag wala ka pang power bukas ikaw na muna gumamit sa generator ko idedeliver bukas umaga. just let me know.

Sokie reply: Thanks! Pero bawal dito sa apartment e. :)
Jasper reply: aw, ok. just let me know if you need some assistance. there's a whole bunch of us here who's willing to lend a helping hand. 'wag lang mahiya tumawag. :-)

reply ng mga ankan ng diyos:

Marinela reply: Hi Insan, we'll continue to pray for your safety........

Perl reply: : Sockie, I'm so sorry dear, but let us not give up hope. Our Lord is here to help us , not always the kind of help , we sometimes expect, but for sure He knows best. Yes, let's pray for those in worse situation than we are in, because they are still many out there. Right now, I'm happy that power has been restored in area because I know this will alleviate all those elderlies, living alone by themselves, especially the sick ones. I know several personally and at times I can't help but worry for them . But as you said, let's pray for them, so they'll have the hope and strength to go on. God bless you Sockie and the kids. Smile, for the Lord is with you.
about an hour ago ·

Juan reply: sorry to hear that dont worry ur still in gods hands were praying 4u and ur family


....really????? the best these believers can offer are just prayers? Are you fockin kidding me?


kelangan ko rin ng generator dito sa amin. pahiram nga dyan, wag yung puro yabang. :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 8030
if only they can ask jesus to go there personally.

_________________
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. " -Mae Jemison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:05 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12608
Location: SERN
Ogie thread?

Image

:biglaugh:

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:58 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
Quote:
this post was made by genetophile who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post


Putcha stalker talaga ang mabantot na bakla'ng ito. Nasisiraan ka na yata ng bait. Nanghuhukay pa.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:56 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 am
Posts: 2724
Location: Lakambini Bottom
One word, Faith. :)

_________________
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:28 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
FunkyDog wrote:
if only they can ask jesus to go there personally.


These haters here just don't get it. Many of these so called christians are so pretentious and self serving. Pray for you my asz. that won't do anything . It's all bullsh!t.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:46 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 am
Posts: 2724
Location: Lakambini Bottom
jasperjack1968 wrote:
FunkyDog wrote:
if only they can ask jesus to go there personally.


These haters here just don't get it. Many of these so called christians are so pretentious and self serving. Pray for you my asz. that won't do anything . It's all bullsh!t.


Some people just don't have anything but their faith
in God. The people who are being helped on TV are
just for show, but it doesn't mean that all of them will
get help. Maybe you just won't understand until you're
in the lowest point in your life. No one to go to, no one
to talk to. Helpless and all. That's when you'll think that
prayer is powerful, because every little thing that you will
receive means a blessing from God or whatever his/her
religion is.

_________________
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:07 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
navi85gator wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
FunkyDog wrote:
if only they can ask jesus to go there personally.


These haters here just don't get it. Many of these so called christians are so pretentious and self serving. Pray for you my asz. that won't do anything . It's all bullsh!t.


Some people just don't have anything but their faith
in God. The people who are being helped on TV are
just for show, but it doesn't mean that all of them will
get help. Maybe you just won't understand until you're
in the lowest point in your life. No one to go to, no one
to talk to. Helpless and all. That's when you'll think that
prayer is powerful, because every little thing that you will
receive means a blessing from God or whatever his/her
religion is.

It's a question of what is the best you can do. A lot of times, praying gets in the way of getting to the better solution because it's easier to do than finding the answers and solutions of your problems. All you have to do is sit your and believe there's an invisible guy who's going to fix things for u. Will it really help? Hell no! Situation may get hetter on it's own not because of prayers. It gets better despite only praying

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:18 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 am
Posts: 2724
Location: Lakambini Bottom
jasperjack1968 wrote:
navi85gator wrote:

Some people just don't have anything but their faith
in God. The people who are being helped on TV are
just for show, but it doesn't mean that all of them will
get help. Maybe you just won't understand until you're
in the lowest point in your life. No one to go to, no one
to talk to. Helpless and all. That's when you'll think that
prayer is powerful, because every little thing that you will
receive means a blessing from God or whatever his/her
religion is.

It's a question of what is the best you can do. A lot of times, praying gets in the way of getting to the better solution because it's easier to do than finding the answers and solutions of your problems. All you have to do is sit your and believe there's an invisible guy who's going to fix things for u. Will it really help? Hell no! Situation may get hetter on it's own not because of prayers. It gets better despite only praying


Yes sir. I do understand your point here. I'm just saying
that prayers strengthens most people if not all. It's like
a reassurance that everything will be okay. Like things
that you can't control. Like praying for your family abroad.
Or accidents, bad people, diseases, and other things that
you can't control. That's when a prayer is most handy.

It is true though that some just pray their lives away
but that's their penitensya and way of living na lang siguro.

_________________
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:07 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 8030
jasperjack1968 wrote:
FunkyDog wrote:
if only they can ask jesus to go there personally.


These haters here just don't get it. Many of these so called christians are so pretentious and self serving. Pray for you my asz. that won't do anything . It's all bullsh!t.

i understand them i was once like those people who give words of hope that god will fix their problem.
i know their intentions are good. "pampalubag loob" ika nga.
but in reality someone needs to do an action like what you did when you said you want to lend them your generator.

_________________
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. " -Mae Jemison


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group