Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:34 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:54 am 
Heavyweight

This week, many states of US in the East coast near the shore area were devastated by a huge storm that left many people without power and heat. I'm thankful our area did not sustain a significant damage other than power outage for days. We just got ours back today but some area of my friends some even with small kids still have no power.

Here's my correspondence in facebook:

sockie wrote:No power, no cell service, no hot water, still relying on God's sufficient provisions. Thank God for friends and neighbors who are here to help. This is a very difficult situation to be in, parents like us try our very best to be stronger for our kids but there are definitely times at night when all is still and dark when I cant help but cry and just let my heart weep. I'm not doubting my God...not one bit, He has proven His love more times than I can count...my heart just needs these quiet times to let God show me what my spirit needs the most...The kids and I are fine, Marlo comes over when he is not working. We are thankful that we are all safe. Still praying for those who are in a worse situation than we are in...

Jasper reply: socks pag wala ka pang power bukas ikaw na muna gumamit sa generator ko idedeliver bukas umaga. just let me know.

Sokie reply: Thanks! Pero bawal dito sa apartment e. :)
Jasper reply: aw, ok. just let me know if you need some assistance. there's a whole bunch of us here who's willing to lend a helping hand. 'wag lang mahiya tumawag. :-)

reply ng mga ankan ng diyos:

Marinela reply: Hi Insan, we'll continue to pray for your safety........

Perl reply: : Sockie, I'm so sorry dear, but let us not give up hope. Our Lord is here to help us , not always the kind of help , we sometimes expect, but for sure He knows best. Yes, let's pray for those in worse situation than we are in, because they are still many out there. Right now, I'm happy that power has been restored in area because I know this will alleviate all those elderlies, living alone by themselves, especially the sick ones. I know several personally and at times I can't help but worry for them . But as you said, let's pray for them, so they'll have the hope and strength to go on. God bless you Sockie and the kids. Smile, for the Lord is with you.
about an hour ago ·

Juan reply: sorry to hear that dont worry ur still in gods hands were praying 4u and ur family

....really????? the best these believers can offer are just prayers? Are you fockin kidding me?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:03 am 
Cruiserweight

tengene nemen..

kung kaya ba naman na tumulong by giving something, then magbigay ang sinasabi sa bible. now tell me obsolete ang bibliya samantalang andun lahat ng mga bagay na gagawin para tumulong sa kapwa.

Acts 20:35
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Matthew 25:35-40
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ ...

yung pagdarasal, supplement na tulong dahil hindi lahat may kakayahan tumulong sa pagbibigay ng materyal na bagay sa iba.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:06 am 
Heavyweight

cutie pie wrote:
tengene nemen..

kung kaya ba naman na tumulong by giving something, then magbigay ang sinasabi sa bible. now tell me obsolete ang bibliya samantalang andun lahat ng mga bagay na gagawin para tumulong sa kapwa.

Acts 20:35
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Matthew 25:35-40
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ ...

yung pagdarasal, supplement na tulong dahil hindi lahat may kakayahan tumulong sa pagbibigay ng materyal na bagay sa iba.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

pag naubusan ng panggatong pwede siguro ang bible mo. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:10 am 
Cruiserweight

mas bagay ka maging panggatong jj.
kung gusto mo irespeto ka ng mga tao dito, irespeto mo ung mga taong naniniwala sa nilalaman ng bibliya.. at cgurado ako mas maraming tao ang gustong sunugin ka kesa sunugin ang bibliya.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:16 am 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
This week, many states of US in the East coast near the shore area were devastated by a huge storm that left many people without power and heat. I'm thankful our area did not sustain a significant damage other than power outage for days. We just got ours back today but some area of my friends some even with small kids still have no power.

sockie wrote:No power, no cell service, no hot water, still relying on God's sufficient provisions. Thank God for friends and neighbors who are here to help. This is a very difficult situation to be in, parents like us try our very best to be stronger for our kids but there are definitely times at night when all is still and dark when I cant help but cry and just let my heart weep. I'm not doubting my God...not one bit, He has proven His love more times than I can count...my heart just needs these quiet times to let God show me what my spirit needs the most...The kids and I are fine, Marlo comes over when he is not working. We are thankful that we are all safe. Still praying for those who are in a worse situation than we are in...

Jasper reply: socks pag wala ka pang power bukas ikaw na muna gumamit sa generator ko idedeliver bukas umaga. just let me know.

Jasper reply: aw, ok. just let me know if you need some assistance. there's a whole bunch of us here who's willing to lend a helping hand. 'wag lang mahiya tumawag. :-)

Perl reply: : Sockie, I'm so sorry dear, but let us not give up hope. Our Lord is here to help us , not always the kind of help , we sometimes expect, but for sure He knows best. Yes, let's pray for those in worse situation than we are in, because they are still many out there. Right now, I'm happy that power has been restored in area because I know this will alleviate all those elderlies, living alone by themselves, especially the sick ones. I know several personally and at times I can't help but worry for them . But as you said, let's pray for them, so they'll have the hope and strength to go on. God bless you Sockie and the kids. Smile, for the Lord is with you.
about an hour ago ·

Juan reply: sorry to hear that dont worry ur still in gods hands were praying 4u and ur family

....really????? the best these believers can offer are just prayers? Are you fockin kidding me?

There is something strange!

Every one felt relieved by invoking the name of God. They relied on their prayers to lessen their worries. But when you offered something real, your generator, for help it was rejected (for a reason) and rendered it useless. I think in this case, their prayers helped more than the material thing offered. This is a mistery! Is God at work? Maybe to some and maybe not to others.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:28 am 
Heavyweight

KaPUSA wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

about an hour ago ·

There is something strange!

Every one felt relieved by invoking the name of God. They relied on their prayers to lessen their worries. But when you offered something real, your generator, for help it was rejected (for a reason) and rendered it useless. I think in this case, their prayers helped more than the material thing offered. This is a mistery! Is God at work? Maybe to some and maybe not to others.

thanks for posting a good example of a focked up religious reasoning. rejected? and you refused to post why? she would die to provide heat to her small children no prayers can do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:33 am 
Heavyweight

gabbi wrote:
mas bagay ka maging panggatong jj.
kung gusto mo irespeto ka ng mga tao dito, irespeto mo ung mga taong naniniwala sa nilalaman ng bibliya.. at cgurado ako mas maraming tao ang gustong sunugin ka kesa sunugin ang bibliya.

there's an appropriate time for respect and an appropriate time to point out what is real and what is not.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:36 am 
Heavyweight

Jasper.. how do you know doing good to others is the right thing to do? and not the other way? Do you have some Good Moral and Right Conduct? which originates from religions...

please explain, how do you know doing Good is the Right way...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:48 am 
Heavyweight

squire wrote:
Jasper.. how do you know doing good to others is the right thing to do? and not the other way? Do you have some Good Moral and Right Conduct? which originates from religions...

it's a learned behavior bro. people learn to empathize the needs of others and not gratify it's own needs at the expense of others. you don't need religion for that. religious people do help but they get so obsessed with god and prayers they waste so much time instead of rolling up their sleeves and get down to the real stuff and get it done.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:02 am 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
squire wrote:

it's a learned behavior bro. people learn to empathize the needs of others and not gratify it's own needs at the expense of others. you don't need religion for that. religious people do help but they get so obsessed with god and prayers they waste so much time instead of rolling up their sleeves and get down to the real stuff and get it done.

then how do you know it is the GOOD thing?

pano kung yun pala ang mali gawain? learned behaviour? from whom?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:21 am 
Heavyweight

squire wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
squire wrote:

Quote:
then how do you know it is the GOOD thing?
you observe good results of your actions from the past. many of the good deeds are learned and acquired so mistakes made by our ancestors are avoided.

Quote:
pano kung yun pala ang mali gawain? learned behaviour? from whom?

did you ever thought why we have history subject in school? so we will learn and understand how we have become from what we have been. looking back in the past is a good thing if we learn from it but looking back in the past and get stuck to it the way religion teaches you to do, then it's a bad thing 'coz it won't foster growth and progress.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:22 pm 
Heavyweight

:snoring: tukar :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:39 pm 
Cruiserweight

ganitong topic nadedo si jafra. so good luck ulit jafra. ak ak ak :biglaugh: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:09 pm 
Heavyweight

TS, I am curious with your thread title.

Why did you say prayer is OK when it is of no help. When you say something real is what really helps is like saying praying is useless.

Does it mean you believe in the power of prayer? If yes, it means prayer helps. If No why will you say prayer is ok?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:13 pm 
Heavyweight

If you want to help, just don't make a fuss about it...
Just go on with your life without minding what others are doing... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next