Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:15 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is Zimmerman guilty ?
yes of murder in 2nd degree 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No of murder in 2nd degree 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
yes of manslaughter 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No of manslaughter 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
yes of racism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No of racism 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:36 pm 

Ive read some more references and i am maybe 90% sure that the 5'7 fat Hispanic dude is not guilty and was just defending againts the 5'11 17 yrs old approaching prime athletic black dude.

1. There were recorded audio of the event
2. The Hispanic was an authority being a member of the watch
3. There are eye witnesses who saw the Hispanic being attacked. and he was lying on the ground with the black dude on top of him
4. Its a single shot.
5. A witness for Martin ( his friend ) lied under oath :shock:

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm 
Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:
Ive read some more references and i am maybe 90% sure that the 5'7 fat Hispanic dude is not guilty and was just defending againts the 5'11 17 yrs old approaching prime athletic black dude.

3. There are eye witnesses who saw the Hispanic being attacked. and he was lying on the ground with the black dude on top of him
4. Its a single shot.

the 5th is a sick one!!!

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:47 pm 
Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:

4. Its a single shot.

if you are not corrupted by the media, it's easy for you to see and weigh the infos taken from both sides

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:56 pm 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
miron_lang wrote:

4. Its a single shot.

if you are not corrupted by the media, it's easy for you to see and weigh the infos taken from both sides

But as a judge and considering the "RECORDS" of both Martin and Zimmerman, it is quite tough to make a decision...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:07 pm 
Heavyweight

one important facet on the case is the fact that zimmerman was told to stand down (or stay put, in the recorded 911 call) because the police were on their way. this was one of the sad parts of this case. if zimmerman does not follow trayvon, perhaps none of this would happen. i think zimmerman may have truly acted in self-defense, but he could have defused the situation by obeying the police order to stand down.

it is not his responsibility anymore after the police said to stand down. was he feeling 'heroic' perhaps? did he truly feel the black guy was a criminal because of the way the hunched in his hoodie? these are the sad and bothersome things in this story, that america, and the world at large has not truly gotten past stereotypes and racial profiling even in this modern age.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:26 pm 
Heavyweight

studstar wrote:
one important facet on the case is the fact that zimmerman was told to stand down (or stay put, in the recorded 911 call) because the police were on their way. this was one of the sad parts of this case. if zimmerman does not follow trayvon, perhaps none of this would happen. i think zimmerman may have truly acted in self-defense, but he could have defused the situation by obeying the police order to stand down.

it is not his responsibility anymore after the police said to stand down. was he feeling 'heroic' perhaps? did he truly feel the black guy was a criminal because of the way the hunched in his hoodie? these are the sad and bothersome things in this story, that america, and the world at large has not truly gotten past stereotypes and racial profiling even in this modern age.

Racial discrimination still exists in this modern times....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:47 pm 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
What do you think about the verdict? Is it the right or wrong verdict? Lets talk about it.

zimmerman was told not to pursue...

he got away with murder or if he was really being bashed by martin.

at least they should have convicted him of manslaughter

zimmerman is free but not really, he's a marked man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:49 pm 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
jolz wrote:
^ it was a skinny black kid...Zimmerman might have handled him easily even without using his gun...unless the black kid carries a deadly weapon with him....

he's an athletic 5'11" kid vs and overweight 5'7" man. In US, hitting someone is a crime. If someone punch you, you call the police, that person who punched you will be handcuffed.

who cares if trayvon was more fit. he's dead via a gun shot. not zimmerman.

again, imo - manslaughter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:54 pm 
Heavyweight

not saying martin was a victim of hate crime bec of hsi race.

but while zimmerman is also a minority like martin. im pretty sure he would not have pursued the latter if he was white.

ive seen a lot of shows where they experimented on racial profiling

seen a show where they placed 3 black kids inside a car in a public park for the whole day.

around 5 people called police to report it.

they do the same with white kids, not one called the police.

zimmerman racially profiled martin no doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:57 pm 

studstar wrote:

Given that. Zim is still perfectly innocent.

there's probably no planet in this Universe that would find him guilty of 'Murder' out of all the testimonies and evidences.

Bopol yung prosecution 'MURDER' ang kinasa.

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:30 pm 
Heavyweight

studstar wrote:

none of what zimmerman did was illegal. when he was told by the 911 police dispatcher to " you don't need to follow him" he said ok. yes he got out of the car, but did he continue to follow him? probably or maybe not. He said trayvon appeared suddenly after losing track of him. but even if he did, that's not illegal. If you feel threatened coz someone is stalking you, you call the police or 911. trayvon got a cellphone at that time, why didn't he use it to protect himself in a lawful way? he had a window of opportunity to walk straight back home after zimmerman lost track of him but he didn't took that chance. what trayvon did instead, he engaged zimmerman and punched him in the face-and that's illegal, That gives the assaulted person the right to defend himself. Zimmerman was obviously over powered by trayvon. It just so happen zimmerman had a gun. would you not use it when someone overpowers you and is pummeling your head?

zimmerman is the neighborhood watch in a neighborhood that was plagued with burglars. trayvon would have been alive had he not acted like a thug by assaulting zimmerman instead of doing other non risky options like calling 911. the 911 dispatcher would have cleared all the misunderstandings.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:39 pm 
Heavyweight

miron_lang wrote:
studstar wrote:

Given that. Zim is still perfectly innocent.

there's probably no planet in this Universe that would find him guilty of 'Murder' out of all the testimonies and evidences.

Bopol yung prosecution 'MURDER' ang kinasa.

it's all driven by political pressures. nobody can win a legal court case when emotion is used against good reason and evidence...nobody.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 pm 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
not saying martin was a victim of hate crime bec of hsi race.

but while zimmerman is also a minority like martin. im pretty sure he would not have pursued the latter if he was white.

maybe, or maybe not. it just so happen that the known perp in the neighborhood was black. being black walking in a rainy night casually, wearig a hoodie then looking on some houses instead of just walking straight home would definitely raise some suspicion. If he was white acting the same, I think he will stick out the same.

Quote:
ive seen a lot of shows where they experimented on racial profiling

seen a show where they placed 3 black kids inside a car in a public park for the whole day.

around 5 people called police to report it.

they do the same with white kids, not one called the police.
yeah I seen that too. it sucks. But that racial profiling would never change if the affected person would resort to violence instead of using the legal way to resolve matters.

Quote:
zimmerman racially profiled martin no doubt.
maybe or maybe not. there's no evidence to support that zimmerman suspected zimmerman mainly because he's black. He described the way trayvon was acting when he called 911, not because he's black. the only time he said "he looks black" when the 911 operator ask him the race of trayvon. One thing for sure, the media made him look he's racially profiling trayvon when NBC news reporter intentionally edited the 911 voice recording to make it sound like he's targeting trayvon because he's black.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:04 am 
Heavyweight

freewheeze wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
jolz wrote:
^ it was a skinny black kid...Zimmerman might have handled him easily even without using his gun...unless the black kid carries a deadly weapon with him....

he's an athletic 5'11" kid vs and overweight 5'7" man. In US, hitting someone is a crime. If someone punch you, you call the police, that person who punched you will be handcuffed.

who cares if trayvon was more fit. he's dead via a gun shot. not zimmerman.

again, imo - manslaughter

the argument here if zimmerman's killing of trayvon was justified in the act of self defense. The jury said Yes-I agree. Had trayvon called 911 or avoided zimmerman instead of punching him in the face and banging his head on the concrete, he would have been alive today.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:15 am 
Heavyweight

jolz wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
miron_lang wrote:

4. Its a single shot.

But as a judge and considering the "RECORDS" of both Martin and Zimmerman, it is quite tough to make a decision...

the only tough part of it is to set aside your sympathy to the grieving parent who hoped for zimmerman's conviction and render the verdict based on known evidence. based on evidence, it's not hard to conclude that Trayvon assaulted zimmerman because he was pissed that zimmerman followed him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next