Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is Zimmerman guilty ?
yes of murder in 2nd degree 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No of murder in 2nd degree 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
yes of manslaughter 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No of manslaughter 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
yes of racism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No of racism 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:35 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:16 am
Posts: 9507
jasperjack1968 wrote:
studstar wrote:
one important facet on the case is the fact that zimmerman was told to stand down (or stay put, in the recorded 911 call) because the police were on their way. this was one of the sad parts of this case. if zimmerman does not follow trayvon, perhaps none of this would happen. i think zimmerman may have truly acted in self-defense, but he could have defused the situation by obeying the police order to stand down.

it is not his responsibility anymore after the police said to stand down. was he feeling 'heroic' perhaps? did he truly feel the black guy was a criminal because of the way the hunched in his hoodie? these are the sad and bothersome things in this story, that america, and the world at large has not truly gotten past stereotypes and racial profiling even in this modern age.

none of what zimmerman did was illegal. when he was told by the 911 police dispatcher to " you don't need to follow him" he said ok. yes he got out of the car, but did he continue to follow him? probably or maybe not. He said trayvon appeared suddenly after losing track of him. but even if he did, that's not illegal. If you feel threatened coz someone is stalking you, you call the police or 911. trayvon got a cellphone at that time, why didn't he use it to protect himself in a lawful way? he had a window of opportunity to walk straight back home after zimmerman lost track of him but he didn't took that chance. what trayvon did instead, he engaged zimmerman and punched him in the face-and that's illegal, That gives the assaulted person the right to defend himself. Zimmerman was obviously over powered by trayvon. It just so happen zimmerman had a gun. would you not use it when someone overpowers you and is pummeling your head?

zimmerman is the neighborhood watch in a neighborhood that was plagued with burglars. trayvon would have been alive had he not acted like a thug by assaulting zimmerman instead of doing other non risky options like calling 911. the 911 dispatcher would have cleared all the misunderstandings.


true, not illegal, and we dont know the whole script, what i know is if im zimm, i will not follow trayvon anymore. i feel, and this is my opinion, he was looking for a rush perhaps, and having a gun with him allowed to feel secure enough to follow a suspected perp. but that is not his job. also, you are only looking at it from the point of view of zimm, trayvon, at the end of the day is still a kid, probably brash and immature like we all were when we're young. i think a lot of us here might do what he did even now if we thought we were being stalked, especially if we feel we have a physical advantage. like i said if im zimmerman id wait for the cops, "following' trayvon was not my job. again my point is if he was told not to follow, he should not have followed, that was what ultimately started the fatal shooting. at that point trayvon was just doing his own thing and zimmerman should not followed, which to trayvon might have been an act of aggression already.

_________________
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=cjp598mh


Last edited by studstar on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:45 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:59 am
Posts: 29214
truth is no one won this case.

not even zimmerman.

_________________
================================================================================================


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:33 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
studstar wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
studstar wrote:
one important facet on the case is the fact that zimmerman was told to stand down (or stay put, in the recorded 911 call) because the police were on their way. this was one of the sad parts of this case. if zimmerman does not follow trayvon, perhaps none of this would happen. i think zimmerman may have truly acted in self-defense, but he could have defused the situation by obeying the police order to stand down.

it is not his responsibility anymore after the police said to stand down. was he feeling 'heroic' perhaps? did he truly feel the black guy was a criminal because of the way the hunched in his hoodie? these are the sad and bothersome things in this story, that america, and the world at large has not truly gotten past stereotypes and racial profiling even in this modern age.

none of what zimmerman did was illegal. when he was told by the 911 police dispatcher to " you don't need to follow him" he said ok. yes he got out of the car, but did he continue to follow him? probably or maybe not. He said trayvon appeared suddenly after losing track of him. but even if he did, that's not illegal. If you feel threatened coz someone is stalking you, you call the police or 911. trayvon got a cellphone at that time, why didn't he use it to protect himself in a lawful way? he had a window of opportunity to walk straight back home after zimmerman lost track of him but he didn't took that chance. what trayvon did instead, he engaged zimmerman and punched him in the face-and that's illegal, That gives the assaulted person the right to defend himself. Zimmerman was obviously over powered by trayvon. It just so happen zimmerman had a gun. would you not use it when someone overpowers you and is pummeling your head?

zimmerman is the neighborhood watch in a neighborhood that was plagued by burglars. trayvon would have been alive had he not acted like a thug by assaulting zimmerman instead of doing other non risky options like calling 911. the 911 dispatcher would have cleared all the misunderstandings.


Quote:
true, not illegal, and we dont know the whole script, what i know is if im zimm, i will not follow trayvon anymore.

whether he followed trayvon or not, it was trayvon who assaulted zimmerman. If trayvon didn;t assaulted him, he would be alive today.

Quote:
i feel, and this is my opinion, he was looking for a rush perhaps, and having a gun with him allowed to feel secure enough to follow a suspected perp.

you're not looking at the evidence bro. you're just filling the gaps with your own story. that's not how the legal system works.
Quote:
but that is not his job.
he volunteered to do the job as a neighborhood watch. He was recognized by sanford police as the neighborhood watch. what zimmerman did is noble helping to protect his neighbors from crimes.

Quote:
also, you are only looking at it from the point of view of zimm,

consider the physical evidence and the timeline of the event before you jump to that conclusion bro.
Quote:
trayvon, at the end of the day is still a kid, probably brash and immature like we all were when we're young. i think a lot of us here might do what he did even now if we thought we were being stalked, especially if we feel we have a physical advantage.

...and the very reason trayvon is dead. It's important for the youngsters nowadays to be smart and learn from this.
Quote:
like i said if im zimmerman id wait for the cops, "following' trayvon was not my job.

If your neigbor is being robbed and called you for help, you would probably say " that's not my job." Zimmerman volunteered his time being the neighborhood watch. He cared his neighborhood more than you do obviously. Being a neighborhood watch is a noble cause.
Quote:
again my point is if he was told not to follow, he should not have followed,
zimmerman said the suspicious individual is running away from him. When he was told " you don't need to follow him" and he said "ok", there was a 4 minute gap between that time and the time when trayvon's friend heard the scuffle through her cellphone. A window of opportunity to avoid zimmerman but trayvon chose to engage and assaulted zimmerman. He fulfilled his own death wish.
Quote:
was what ultimately started the fatal shooting.

what started the shooting was when trayvon beat zimmerman. Can you honestly say the shooting would still have happened had trayvon not thrown the punch?
Quote:
at that point trayvon was just doing his own thing and zimmerman should not followed, which to trayvon might have been an act of aggression already.

his "doing his own thing" is what got him killed. If he used his phone to call the police or 911, he would have been alive by now. Maybe Zimmerman was right in saying "he look like he's up to no good" the reason he didn't call the police.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:42 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14880
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
studstar wrote:

true, not illegal, and we dont know the whole script, what i know is if im zimm, i will not follow trayvon anymore. i feel, and this is my opinion, he was looking for a rush perhaps, and having a gun with him allowed to feel secure enough to follow a suspected perp. but that is not his job. also, you are only looking at it from the point of view of zimm, trayvon, at the end of the day is still a kid, probably brash and immature like we all were when we're young. i think a lot of us here might do what he did even now if we thought we were being stalked, especially if we feel we have a physical advantage. like i said if im zimmerman id wait for the cops, "following' trayvon was not my job. again my point is if he was told not to follow, he should not have followed, that was what ultimately started the fatal shooting. at that point trayvon was just doing his own thing and zimmerman should not followed, which to trayvon might have been an act of aggression already.


I get your point pre.

tagalugin natin para mas madamdamin : :D

"kung hindi nya sinundan yung egoy hindi sana nangyari ang lahat"

Tama yan

BUT

the case againts Zimmerman was Murder. and he is 100% Innocent on that charge

i have an experience. me naatrasan akong bagong kotse. ang siste wala pa syang plaka so dapat di sya umaandar sa kalye.

kinasuhan ako ng Reckless resulting to damage to properties. Guilty ba ako eh dapat nga hindi nya pa ginagamit sasakyan nya eh?


YES


guilty daw ako sabi ng abogado kasi. ang kaso ay whether i caused damage at hindi kung legal man sya dun o hindi.

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
miron_lang wrote:
studstar wrote:

true, not illegal, and we dont know the whole script, what i know is if im zimm, i will not follow trayvon anymore. i feel, and this is my opinion, he was looking for a rush perhaps, and having a gun with him allowed to feel secure enough to follow a suspected perp. but that is not his job. also, you are only looking at it from the point of view of zimm, trayvon, at the end of the day is still a kid, probably brash and immature like we all were when we're young. i think a lot of us here might do what he did even now if we thought we were being stalked, especially if we feel we have a physical advantage. like i said if im zimmerman id wait for the cops, "following' trayvon was not my job. again my point is if he was told not to follow, he should not have followed, that was what ultimately started the fatal shooting. at that point trayvon was just doing his own thing and zimmerman should not followed, which to trayvon might have been an act of aggression already.


Quote:
I get your point pre.

tagalugin natin para mas madamdamin : :D

"kung hindi nya sinundan yung egoy hindi sana nangyari ang lahat"

Tama yan
tama rin na kung di nya sinuntok yung mama'ng me baril, baka buhay pa siya ngayon.

Quote:
BUT

the case againts Zimmerman was Murder. and he is 100% Innocent on that charge

i have an experience. me naatrasan akong bagong kotse. ang siste wala pa syang plaka so dapat di sya umaandar sa kalye.

kinasuhan ako ng Reckless resulting to damage to properties. Guilty ba ako eh dapat nga hindi nya pa ginagamit sasakyan nya eh?


YES


guilty daw ako sabi ng abogado kasi. ang kaso ay whether i caused damage at hindi kung legal man sya dun o hindi.


agree.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
freewheeze wrote:
truth is no one won this case.

not even zimmerman.


a litigation is not about win or lose. It's about justice. A man would have locked up in jail for life for trying to help protect his neighborhood and defending himself. that's not justice. evidence shows Trayvon reacted aggressively and assaulted zimm . he brought his death to himself

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:07 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 am
Posts: 37081
the poll is non-sense, you cant change jasperjack's mind :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:12 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:59 am
Posts: 29214
gambol wrote:
the poll is non-sense, you cant change jasperjack's mind :biglaugh:



agree :biglaugh:

_________________
================================================================================================


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:59 am
Posts: 29214
jasperjack1968 wrote:
freewheeze wrote:
truth is no one won this case.

not even zimmerman.


a litigation is not about win or lose. It's about justice. A man would have locked up in jail for life for trying to help protect his neighborhood and defending himself. that's not justice. evidence shows Trayvon reacted aggressively and assaulted zimm . he brought his death to himself



haba ng explanation. :lol:
my only point is zimmerman is free. but he could be a marked man from now on and will live in fear for the rest of his life.

if he didn't play vigilante, di sana nangyari to. :lol:

_________________
================================================================================================


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:21 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
freewheeze wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
freewheeze wrote:
truth is no one won this case.

not even zimmerman.


a litigation is not about win or lose. It's about justice. A man would have locked up in jail for life for trying to help protect his neighborhood and defending himself. that's not justice. evidence shows Trayvon reacted aggressively and assaulted zimm . he brought his death to himself



haba ng explanation. :lol:
my only point is zimmerman is free. but he could be a marked man from now on and will live in fear for the rest of his life.

if he didn't play vigilante, di sana nangyari to. :lol:

being a neighborhood watch is not vigilantism

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:23 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
gambol wrote:
the poll is non-sense, you cant change jasperjack's mind :biglaugh:

what doesn't make sense if you don't cast your vote. post your argument.. everybody's entitled to their own opinion.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:23 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 40259
Location: Short arm of chromosome 6
gambol wrote:
the poll is non-sense, you cant change jasperjack's mind :biglaugh:


:biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:24 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 16416
freewheeze wrote:
gambol wrote:
the poll is non-sense, you cant change jasperjack's mind :biglaugh:



agree :biglaugh:

parang me naaamoy na naman akong trouble maker dito...matinong usapan, binobulabog.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:45 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:16 am
Posts: 9507
hahaha, oks lang yan, we can all agree to disagree. napag-aralan ko kasi yan sa systems thinking na minsan yung mga cases na ganyan is a matter of loops, ang tanong yung gagawin mo ba eh reinforcing or balancing loop/reaction. sa kaso nga na ito, oo si trayvon 'mukhang' perp, oo si zimm eh within his rights na mag-alala given the previous events, ngayon mula nung sinabihan sya to stand down, para sa akin, yun na yung "balancing loop" na supposedly magbawas ng tensyon sa situation. yung pagsunod, one could even say stalking nya, ang "reinforcing loop" na nagtuloy sa tensyonado ng sitwasyon. sa pag solve ng mga problema, you have to balance the negative action, kumbaga eh huwag na dagdagan or i-reverse ng isang 'balancing' action. secondary na yung mga nangyari after, cause na yon ng reinforcing activity ni zimmerman na sinundan nya pa si trayvon.

_________________
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=cjp598mh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:08 am
Posts: 14880
Location: Terra; Gaia ; Ar-i-du
studstar wrote:
hahaha, oks lang yan, we can all agree to disagree. napag-aralan ko kasi yan sa systems thinking na minsan yung mga cases na ganyan is a matter of loops, ang tanong yung gagawin mo ba eh reinforcing or balancing loop/reaction. sa kaso nga na ito, oo si trayvon 'mukhang' perp, oo si zimm eh within his rights na mag-alala given the previous events, ngayon mula nung sinabihan sya to stand down, para sa akin, yun na yung "balancing loop" na supposedly magbawas ng tensyon sa situation. yung pagsunod, one could even say stalking nya, ang "reinforcing loop" na nagtuloy sa tensyonado ng sitwasyon. sa pag solve ng mga problema, you have to balance the negative action, kumbaga eh huwag na dagdagan or i-reverse ng isang 'balancing' action. secondary na yung mga nangyari after, cause na yon ng reinforcing activity ni zimmerman na sinundan nya pa si trayvon.


maliwanag na maliwanag yan pre :D

Crystal na crystal.

engkaso dapat appropriate din ang kinaso ke Zimmerman. base dyan ano dapat kaso nya?

dapat yun ang kinaso at hindi murder.

_________________
“You create your own universe as you go along.” ― Winston Churchill

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group