Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11768
Location: SERN
Am I the only one who thinks that Nietes is robbed? I think he won the fight at least 10 rounds to 2...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 6263
Nietes threw less but connected more on cleaner shots, most of Palicte's punches were either blocked or slipped. The problem is Nietes took some rounds off to try and conserve energy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11768
Location: SERN
Emmanuel53 wrote:
Nietes threw less but connected more on cleaner shots, most of Palicte's punches were either blocked or slipped. The problem is Nietes took some rounds off to try and conserve energy.


True... His problem is that his name is not "Floyd Mayweather" in order to get an automatic win in fights like that...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 7948
It is clear as sunshine that nietes won that fight against palicte.
and now they're contemplating on staging a rematch ala Golovkin vs Alvarez.
puro lutong makaw ang decision, tapos magre rematch. if I were nietes I'd find
another opponent other than palicte.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11768
Location: SERN
dominic wrote:
It is clear as sunshine that nietes won that fight against palicte.
and now they're contemplating on staging a rematch ala Golovkin vs Alvarez.
puro lutong makaw ang decision, tapos magre rematch. if I were nietes I'd find
another opponent other than palicte.


Not sure if he's ready to take on Sor Rungvisai, Ancajas or Yafai for a belt now... The Palicte fight was supposed to be the "easiest" route to bag a belt...

Since the fight is a controversial draw, if only WBO can conduct a review and award the belt to the winner (Nietes most likely) then Nietes has more options like Estrada, Ioka or Chocolatito if not a unification...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 pm
Posts: 26332
Location: Just here in front of my computer
much easier to win the 4th weight title is a rematch with palicte. this time knock him out.

_________________
Let's get ready to Rumble in the Jungle when the bells will Jingle to start the Bungle!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Posts: 1248
Location: San Mateo
Nietes got lucky, had he not won the last round clearly, Palicte would have been declared the winner. lol

_________________
"Irony is wasted on the stupid." -Oscar Wilde


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:16 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4165
Neither deserved to win.
Maybe Palicte because of his higher work rate.
Draw is fair enough no one deserved to win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:00 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:00 am
Posts: 100
Location: Igloo City
It's good that it was a draw ... a lot will be happy to see them fight again for a rematch.
Just hope that it will be outside US and no "prone to be influenced judges" should be there to judge the rematch.
Gambling biz corrupts the sports.. Maybe it's lesser in the Phils. than in the USofA. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11768
Location: SERN
Rubirosa wrote:
Nietes got lucky, had he not won the last round clearly, Palicte would have been declared the winner. lol


How did Palicte won more than 2 rounds?

Numero uno wrote:
Neither deserved to win.
Maybe Palicte because of his higher work rate.
Draw is fair enough no one deserved to win.


I disagree... Higher work rate won't make you win a fight if it's not effective... Ask AXF or King Ward opponents... Palicte misses almost everytime...

Rizi_man wrote:
It's good that it was a draw ... a lot will be happy to see them fight again for a rematch.
Just hope that it will be outside US and no "prone to be influenced judges" should be there to judge the rematch.
Gambling biz corrupts the sports.. Maybe it's lesser in the Phils. than in the USofA. :o


Actually, no one wants a rematch... Even a Pacquiao-Horn rematch is better...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:48 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:33 am
Posts: 3328
Location: at a kakpit somewhere
No need for a rematch, Nietes won fair and square.


Donnie might be too small for the Thai, and Ancajas, but should be ok to take on Estrada or Chocolatito...the last two will make him more money, since he needs to retire in a year or so...

_________________
Imagine - greatest song ever written.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11768
Location: SERN
flipgolfer wrote:
No need for a rematch, Nietes won fair and square.


Donnie might be too small for the Thai, and Ancajas, but should be ok to take on Estrada or Chocolatito...the last two will make him more money, since he needs to retire in a year or so...


The problem is, neither of them has a world title... But yes, he should fight one of them soon...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group