Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:38 am 
Welterweight

AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:05 am 
Welterweight

kindly tell me what a BUM means..?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:11 am 
Light Heavyweight

bazzokas gona go throu alota people, he is that good... cant wait for the fight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:50 am 
Welterweight

pOnga wrote:
kindly tell me what a BUM means..?

Concepcion has beaten no one of name, is a complete unknown, has never fought outside of his hometown(which usualy means bad news)and has done nothing to deserve a title shot and his record of 10-2-6 is hardly impressive nor indicates that he is worhty of a title fight agianst someone like Banal.

This is pretty much a gimme for Banal I wanna see him fight a top fighter or atleast a "Ring" top 10 ranked fighter soon I just can't believe this fight is for the WBA title..

Last edited by villa82 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:51 am 
Welterweight

777aynila wrote:

Unfortunatley many said the same thing about Bautista and Condes and look where there at.

Last edited by villa82 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:52 am 
Heavyweight

why don't you tell that to our Thai and Japanese brothers :mrgreen:

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:06 am 
Heavyweight

...banal is just folloeing the normal route to the top...step by step...perhaps, he doesn't want to follow the shortcut ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:11 am 
Bantamweight

A fight is a fight. he's on his way to the top one step at a time.:D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:13 am 
Middleweight

I don't think it is a bogus fight, coz world title is at stake,,,
Just expect the Unexpected on this fight,,,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:14 am 
Welterweight

fidel wrote:
...banal is just folloeing the normal route to the top...step by step...perhaps, he doesn't want to follow the shortcut ...

I understand that but to fight a title fight agianst somone like Concepcion won't realy show us that Banal is a true champion.

Don't get me wrong I think Banal can go far but i also call it how it is I don't like to bullsh*t. Banal by winning the title agianst somone like Concepcion should will not look impressive and should not be considered the real champ at 115lb.

Unitl he fights and beats either Mijares or Montiel Banal can not lay claim to being the true champion at 115lb. I am saying this because i know many here will claim that Banal is the ebst 115lb after he beats a bum like concepcion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:16 am 
Welterweight

deadmanwalking wrote:
I don't think it is a bogus fight, coz world title is at stake,,,
Just expect the Unexpected on this fight,,,

it's bogus because Concepion is getting the title shot yet he has done nothing tp deserve the fight.

Tell me what have you think Concepcion has done to deserve this fight agianst Banal for a world title?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:22 am 
Heavyweight

villa82 wrote:
777aynila wrote:

Unfortunatley many said the same thing about Bautista and Condes and look where there at.

do you kow the word "Ranking?"

just asking?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

villa82 wrote:
fidel wrote:

I understand that but to fight a title fight agianst somone like Concepcion won't realy show us that Banal is a true champion.

Don't get me wrong I think Banal can go far but i also call it how it is I don't like to bullsh*t. Banal by winning the title agianst somone like Concepcion should will not look impressive and should not be considered the real champ at 115lb.

Unitl he fights and beats either Mijares or Montiel Banal can not lay claim to being the true champion at 115lb. I am saying this because i know many here will claim that Banal is the ebst 115lb after he beats a bum like concepcion.

Regardless whom he fights, it is still a championship fight. Why make his life difficult when he can take an easy route? It is an opportunity hard to ignore. When he becomes a champion, then. that's the time he can choose his opponent. But right now, he has to take whatever is offered to him. STOP whining and be happy for the opportunity given to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:29 am 
Welterweight

villa82 wrote:
777aynila wrote:

Bautista, as in, Herbert Bautista? Where is he, pls tell me. No hate for boom boom. let's just give adequate regard to every boxer. Bautista is still in limbo at the moment.

I think, A bum or not, as much as I would hate it if the guy would really show he's below the A class; still, a belt would be the shining object that might just catch the A class opponents' attention towards AJ. For me this shot would still be a good move as far as AJ's management is concerned. It could prime up the boy for something bigger. as another poster said, little-by-little, step-by-step. he's just 19. give the boy a break.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:44 am 
Heavyweight

aj banal is after the title and wba is the one who sets this fight. if it turns out to be that his opponent is really a bum, then it's not aj' fault.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next