Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:46 pm 
Heavyweight

skipper5398 wrote:
Are the tickets for this fight out now? if yes then what are the prices? too excited to watch!!

I hope they show it in TV too

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:34 pm 
Heavyweight

villa82 wrote:
True the topic title may be a little misleading thats my bad.

I understand where some of you are coming from Im happy that Banal is getting the title shot and will more than likely win it but my problem is with the opposition. How the f*ck does Concepcion deserve a title shot. I know AJ is not the one to blame he's just doing his job all im saying is that the organization could have chosen a more deserving opponent for Banal to dispute a world title.

Hell I've seen club fighter with better resumes than Concepsion. I hope you guys understand where Im coming from.

By the way for the guys making smart remarks and complaining about whinning this isn't whinning mothaf*ckers this is a boxing forum to discuss boxing and thats simly what Im doing.

suggest you leave this problem to AJ's promoters and handlers. do not make it your own...unless you have a big stake on AJ's boxing career........... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:10 am 
Heavyweight

Ramrod wrote:
villa82 wrote:
True the topic title may be a little misleading thats my bad.

I understand where some of you are coming from Im happy that Banal is getting the title shot and will more than likely win it but my problem is with the opposition. How the f*ck does Concepcion deserve a title shot. I know AJ is not the one to blame he's just doing his job all im saying is that the organization could have chosen a more deserving opponent for Banal to dispute a world title.

Hell I've seen club fighter with better resumes than Concepsion. I hope you guys understand where Im coming from.

By the way for the guys making smart remarks and complaining about whinning this isn't whinning mothaf*ckers this is a boxing forum to discuss boxing and thats simly what Im doing.

suggest you leave this problem to AJ's promoters and handlers. do not make it your own...unless you have a big stake on AJ's boxing career........... 8)

two major things the thread starter is complaining/discussing that AJ's promoters and handlers cant do nothing about.

the way i see, pinoys nowadays have a "heavier" influence on boxing organization, which i think is good. if banal can take a belt via this route, so be it.

i believe anybody can point out that the opposition is of low quality regardless of stake on the boxer's career. and doing so doesnt mean youre making it your own. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:24 am 
Heavyweight

villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.

hey, it's a step up in competition. it's good for aj. let's see what's he's made of. if he wins impressively, he may be ready for a 'real' title shot.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:27 am 
Heavyweight

Who did Pac beat before MAB?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:28 am 
Heavyweight

bogus title or not i'll still support aj banal. this might just be the start of something big for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:31 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:

Sasakul... Ledwaba...
8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:47 am 
Middleweight

Villa82 I think you don't know what you are talking about. You try to tell it in front of Banal or tell Concepcion that he is a bum. I'm sure you will see a lot of stars... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:49 am 
Heavyweight

marcus wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:

Sasakul... Ledwaba...
8)

not exactly named fighters.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:54 am 
Welterweight

CarlitosWay wrote:
marcus wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:

Sasakul... Ledwaba...
8)

But those are world champions unlike Soto who got a record oh 10-2.
Common people, why can't you just stop being bias for once and accept the fact that Banal's opponent is a bum and that the wba is a joke. jesus. lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:09 am 
Heavyweight

rexx1 wrote:

Common people, why can't you just stop being bias for once and accept the fact that Banal's opponent is a bum and that the wba is a joke. jesus. lol

regardless whether you think soto is a bum or not, like i said, a win here for aj will pave the way for a real title shot. can you accept that? jesus! LOL!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:16 am 
Heavyweight

CarlitosWay wrote:
marcus wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:

Sasakul... Ledwaba...
8)

yes. but then its the low weight division, nobody is really "named". point is those two are champs, solid fighters.
i dont know why joey even brought this up anyway. :D
rexx1 wrote:

he's not exactly a bum.
a belt is a belt though wba and the like is a joke. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:18 am 
Welterweight

CarlitosWay wrote:
rexx1 wrote:

regardless whether you think soto is a bum or not, like i said, a win here for aj will pave the way for a real title shot. can you accept that? jesus! LOL!!

So you agree with the thread starter then that this fight with Soto isn't a "real title fight".?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:22 am 
Light Heavyweight

CarlitosWay wrote:
rexx1 wrote:

Guys its Concepcion. :lol:

Back to the topic. BOGUS title wherein WBA is considered among the Alphabet Soup. The process of Concepcion's ascension (it rhymes) as contender for the vacant belt is WBA's prerogative... we can question it, deliberately object it but itll push through no matter what besides it is said that 2 previous fighters who were offered the chance to contend for the title backed out.. so 1 and 2 is out... realistically 3 will follow to be named, and to his credit Concepcion took the fight.

Correct me if i'm wrong about Concepcion's WBA rank. Let us just be happy for this fight! And pray for AJ's victory. Big things to come for him if he succeed in this fight impressively.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:23 am 
Middleweight

its 0k at least he's n0t a bum and its a title fight. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next