Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:42 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:48 am 
Lightweight

villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.

You're claiming here that Banal will be fighting for a BOGUS title shot. What you are trying to imply is that he's fighting for a fake belt. And if your saying that Conception is a BUM, then be it. Your claim has nothing to do with the title. The title is a real WBA superflyweight bro.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:51 am 
Heavyweight

villa82 wrote:
pOnga wrote:
kindly tell me what a BUM means..?

Concepcion has beaten no one of name, is a complete unknown, has never fought outside of his hometown(which usualy means bad news)and has done nothing to deserve a title shot and his record of 10-2-6 is hardly impressive nor indicates that he is worhty of a title fight agianst someone like Banal.

This is pretty much a gimme for Banal I wanna see him fight a top fighter or atleast a "Ring" top 10 ranked fighter soon I just can't believe this fight is for the WBA title..

You mean Abe Concepcion??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:52 am 
Welterweight

villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.

Dude, just let the guy win a legit championship belt first before looking for some top contenders to fight next? That should add some financial incentives for him. This is what he's been waiting for since becoming a boxer, to become a champion. F#ck boxing politics. Wish you goodluck, AJ!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:00 am 
Lightweight

begotten wrote:
villa82 wrote:

Dude, just let the guy win a legit championship belt first before looking for some top contenders to fight next? That should add some financial incentives for him. This is what he's been waiting for since becoming a boxer, to become a champion. F#ck boxing politics. Wish you goodluck, AJ!

The thread title is misleading.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:03 am 
Welterweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
aj banal is after the title and wba is the one who sets this fight. if it turns out to be that his opponent is really a bum, then it's not aj' fault.

MAybe Villa wants AJ to bypass and turn his backon the WBA title shot against concepcion because for him Concepcion is a BUM....

Hey somebody tell AJ not to accept the fight coz his opponent is a BUM... 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:17 am 
Lightweight

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

GAULS wrote:
dencioPT101 wrote:
aj banal is after the title and wba is the one who sets this fight. if it turns out to be that his opponent is really a bum, then it's not aj' fault.

MAybe Villa wants AJ to bypass and turn his backon the WBA title shot against concepcion because for him Concepcion is a BUM....

Hey somebody tell AJ not to accept the fight coz his opponent is a BUM... 8)

You mean AJ will be fighting Villa82?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:27 am 
Heavyweight

problems with terminologies and jargons.

as Maximo here articulated and explained, your thread title is wrongly termed.

stop hating. seems everything outside Pacman is nothing to you.

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:37 am 
Bantamweight

A fighter can't be rated if he's not good or really pretty tought fighter... and watever he's record for you that's not enaffffff? you better be apply to work with the WBA and be one of the screening official so that you would determined.. a fighter is not worthy to fight!!! CONCEPCION IS NOT AN EASY FIGHTER... he's been 6 years in pro - that's mean something beteran.. now if you doubt that it is just an easy fight... better be watch out your mouth.. you might gonna eat your words.. but well i know your eager that you can't wait banal to fight like mijares, montiel, darchi, kiriliv or the very top rated boxer... many of them declined to fight with banal that's why he's fighting now even if he's in the 3rd place. so why can't we wait to see and let it happen... no rush no mistake... soon will be there.. ok bro-.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:38 am 
Lightweight

Where's the TS?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:52 am 
Light Heavyweight

boom boom is difrent, he doesnt have the defense n footwork n quiknes n power bazooka has.. on the other hand condes has alot of problems biznes wise ,hes as powerful but still is not as fast n footwork like banal is. Aj BAZOOKA Banal n Nonito FLASH Donair born to be champions... its in the bloodline.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:00 am 
Lightweight

777aynila wrote:
boom boom is difrent, he doesnt have the defense n footwork n quiknes n power bazooka has.. on the other hand condes has alot of problems biznes wise ,hes as powerful but still is not as fast n footwork like banal is. Aj BAZOOKA Banal n Nonito FLASH Donair born to be champions... its in the bloodline.

Huh! Bat biglang naiba ang topic?
TRANS: It's Banal that we're talking here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 am 
Cruiserweight

I can see where the TS is coming from. I myself is questioning the quality of AJ's opponent who after 13 professional fights with 10-2-1 (6KOs) is now running after the WBA belt. We have some local unrated boxers with better record than that. I know Concepcion is rated at number 6 by the WBA & I don't know how he got it. I guess, the TS is just looking for a more formidable opponent for AJ in getting his world championship belt.

BTW, I think the thread title is really wrong. This world championship fight is legit & can never be bogus. But since this fight is already on the go, let AJ get this belt & run after the more formidable fighters also as a champion the next time around. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:53 pm 
Heavyweight

I have followed boxing for awhile now, and I have made close to accurate predictions before, I am no nastrudamus.My bold prediction is, AJB will be a superstar. I just see this kid as having the ability that's not average. He is better than Z and BB.IMo.I see this fight as just another fight but a bit more special. A stepping stone for AJB. To get noticed.

To Ts!! I heard that 2 fighters assigned to fight Banal in the div backed out. So, Concepcion was the only option left, that's why!!. It could have been the Thai or Mexican I dunno..

Last edited by Numero uno on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:58 pm 
Welterweight

True the topic title may be a little misleading thats my bad.

I understand where some of you are coming from Im happy that Banal is getting the title shot and will more than likely win it but my problem is with the opposition. How the f*ck does Concepcion deserve a title shot. I know AJ is not the one to blame he's just doing his job all im saying is that the organization could have chosen a more deserving opponent for Banal to dispute a world title.

Hell I've seen club fighter with better resumes than Concepsion. I hope you guys understand where Im coming from.

By the way for the guys making smart remarks and complaining about whinning this isn't whinning mothaf*ckers this is a boxing forum to discuss boxing and thats simly what Im doing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next