Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:41 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:40 pm 
Heavyweight

villa82 wrote:
True the topic title may be a little misleading thats my bad.

I understand where some of you are coming from Im happy that Banal is getting the title shot and will more than likely win it but my problem is with the opposition. How the f*ck does Concepcion deserve a title shot. I know AJ is not the one to blame he's just doing his job all im saying is that the organization could have chosen a more deserving opponent for Banal to dispute a world title.

Hell I've seen club fighter with better resumes than Concepsion. I hope you guys understand where Im coming from.

By the way for the guys making smart remarks and complaining about whinning this isn't whinning mothaf*ckers this is a boxing forum to discuss boxing and thats simly what Im doing.

you should be a promoter to mind these problem of yours :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:09 pm 
Welterweight

as if the opponent is just going to give the belt away for nothing. he is going to punch Banal too you know. sige kung bum nga siya, why don't you fight in Banal's place eh. tapang2 mong sabihin bum ang kalaban niya. why don't you say it to his face and fight him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:21 pm 
Cruiserweight

villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.

Who cares what you think of Banal , as long as he wins that belt, then that will be the start of big things to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I doubt the TS can last 1 minute with Concepcion. I believed he is more BUM than AJ's opponent.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:14 pm 
Featherweight

villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.

BOGUS?????? Have'nt you read the story on why these two boxers will be fighting for a world title?They earned it through the rankings and it is called destiny in layman's term.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:29 am 
Welterweight

altron wrote:
I doubt the TS can last 1 minute with Concepcion. I believed he is more BUM than AJ's opponent.

Wow the boxing knowledge of some of the posters here is just amazing.(sarcasm)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:52 am 
Cruiserweight

raneil wrote:
i disagree that banal is fighting a bum.

true, his 10-2-1 record is far from floyd mayweatheresque, but you should know better than watching a guy's win-loss record on paper.

in 1995 for instance, the ever-so-controversial mike tyson faced one peter mcneeley(36 wins, 1 loss) as his comeback fight from serving his term in prison (for raping a beauty contestant, if i remember right). now mcneeley was REALLY good on paper. heck, his record is probably as good as anyone not named floyd mayweather!!! (yeah i know. i haven't forgotten joe calzaghe, but just to make a point). and for sure, if it was held today, just about everyone would be misled into thinking "this one for a comeback fight? mike tyson must be kidding!!!" well, you see there is something more important than a record. it's who you are fighting. his opponents at that time had a combined record of 148 wins, 346 losses. that means his opponents only won 1 in every 4 fights! heck even bobby pacquiao could probably one-handedly beat a fighter like that. of his 37 fights, he only had 3 opponents with winning records, losing one of them.

on the other hand, this guy concepcion's last 5 opponents has a combined record of 50-11 (draws excluded for simplification). that's an 5 wins in every 6 fights. which means that he's probably the best 10-2-1 fighter in the world right now. so yeah, while this guy probably is not headed to canastota (read:hall of fame material) like our pacman certainly is, he is no peter mcneeley either. and that is good enough for me. :)

have confidence in our elite boxers. banal for instance has worked long and hard enough to get this title shot that he so richly deserves. it's not like he fought bums on the way to this title shot. our often-discriminated boxers (especially pre-pacman era) surely deserve some good breaks sometimes don't you think?

You are right there bro, some people just dont know how to appreciate the hard work of our boxers like AJ, just like after AJ's fight with Herrera, the said that the undefeated Herrera was a bum, this people just have nothing to say better.

This fight on July 26 will be AJ's first step to the big fights.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:50 am 
Heavyweight

villa82 wrote:

ala's fighters can't get a world belt the hard way, so ala is doing it the smart way...... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:43 pm 
Bantamweight

ya may be that's given.. aj is granted... will take it first.. anyway aj's been fighting i gez 4 or 5 undefeated fighter.. so he must be already a world champion and maybe that is he's tune-up... we don't know!! will see it happen.better ask the match-maker?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:21 pm 
Cruiserweight

Bazooka is destined for greatness! it cud not be stopped.!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Granted that the opponent may not look fabulous, one must remember that the road to a boxing championship belt is not always in the hands of the boxer. Most often, it is the promoters and the sanctioning bodies that determine the path that is taken by most boxers.

We can only sound our apprehension and hope that someone really reads our posts or takes into consideration our opinions.

For the matter of AJ becoming a real champ? He must first overcome this upcoming fight, to be able to be given the chance to face the real champion, Christian Mijares. If he doesn't pass this, then I guess it is of no consequence whether we feel that AJ is being fed bums or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:28 pm 
Heavyweight

i hope nonito will fight montiel instead of mijares. in that way aj banal can be given a chance to fight mijares in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:15 pm 
Welterweight

bum or no bum but its the only boxer available for the championship match so its not AJ's fault. so let the other contenders show up and AJ will pulverize them. it's like a singing contest w/ only 2 contestants so your assured of the 2nd place. it's not really same in boxing but the point is its the only available opposition for the belt. and its called luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:13 pm 
Middleweight

pOnga wrote:
kindly tell me what a BUM means..?

BUM means:

B - Boxers
U - Unlikely
M - Manalo

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Now I guess that will justify the meaning of the BUM :mrgreen:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

Are the tickets for this fight out now? if yes then what are the prices? too excited to watch!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next