Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:15 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am 
Heavyweight

rexx1 wrote:
CarlitosWay wrote:
rexx1 wrote:

But those are world champions unlike Soto who got a record oh 10-2.
Common people, why can't you just stop being bias for once and accept the fact that Banal's opponent is a bum and that the wba is a joke. jesus. lol

regardless whether you think soto is a bum or not, like i said, a win here for aj will pave the way for a real title shot. can you accept that? jesus! LOL!!

So you agree with the thread starter then that this isn't a "real title fight".?

the 'real' champions in the division are montiel, mijares, and kirilov. i don't wanna completely downgrade the banal-concepcion fight as a joke but the winner here can make a good case to fight one of those guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:25 am 
Welterweight

ulan wrote:
CarlitosWay wrote:
rexx1 wrote:

But those are world champions unlike Soto who got a record oh 10-2.
Common people, why can't you just stop being bias for once and accept the fact that Banal's opponent is a bum and that the wba is a joke. jesus. lol

regardless whether you think soto is a bum or not, like i said, a win here for aj will pave the way for a real title shot. can you accept that? jesus! LOL!!

Guys its Concepcion. :lol:

Back to the topic. BOGUS title wherein WBA is considered among the Alphabet Soup. The process of Concepcion's ascension (it rhymes) as contender for the vacant belt is WBA's prerogative... we can question it, deliberately object it but itll push through no matter what besides it is said that 2 previous fighters who were offered the chance to contend for the title backed out.. so 1 and 2 is out... realistically 3 will follow to be named, and to his credit Concepcion took the fight.

Correct me if i'm wrong about Concepcion's WBA rank. Let us just be happy for this fight! And pray for AJ's victory. Big things to come for him if he succeed in this fight impressively.

LMAO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:26 am 
Heavyweight

ulan wrote:
Guys its Concepcion. :lol:

Back to the topic. BOGUS title wherein WBA is considered among the Alphabet Soup. The process of Concepcion's ascension (it rhymes) as contender for the vacant belt is WBA's prerogative... we can question it, deliberately object it but itll push through no matter what besides it is said that 2 previous fighters who were offered the chance to contend for the title backed out.. so 1 and 2 is out... realistically 3 will follow to be named, and to his credit Concepcion took the fight.

Correct me if i'm wrong about Concepcion's WBA rank. Let us just be happy for this fight! And pray for AJ's victory. Big things to come for him if he succeed in this fight impressively.

did i say soto? LOL!! i meant concepcion. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:16 pm 
Heavyweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
aj banal is after the title and wba is the one who sets this fight. if it turns out to be that his opponent is really a bum, then it's not aj' fault.

nothing more to say...
plain and simple...:idea:

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:26 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Just the Headline of this fight alone doesnt seem like Concepcion has any shot of winning except by knockout.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:15 pm 
Welterweight

villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.

OMG another "TROLL" on the loose.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:40 pm 
Heavyweight

1983: An aging Roberto Duran fought Davey Moore, the then WBA light middleweight Champion, but a nobody, who had a record of 12-0 9 KOs, when Duran had a record of 76-4.

Hands of Stone gave him a neat boxing lesson and KO'd him in 8.

Banal is just following the footsteps of El Manos de Piedra.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:51 am 
Cruiserweight

i don't know what's the real score on this fight. as far as i know banal-concepcion tussle is for the vacant WBA superflyweight belt (115 lbs). however, reports coming out that the same belt will be disputed by 2 japanese, WBA#1 Nobuo Nashiro vs. WBA#3 Kohei Kono on September 15. it was noted in the report that whoever wins this fight will defend the crown against the winner of #4 banal - #6 concepcion fight. check the complete report at this link: http://www.fightnews.com/koizumi462.htm
Here's the WBA ratings as of May 2008, Christian Mijares is declared as the unified champion while the regular champion is vacant. while the top 15 ranking is as follows:
1. Nobou Nashiro of Japan
2. Alexander Muñoz of Venezuela (former champ)
3. Kohei Kono of Japan
4. Alex John Banal of Philippines
5. Duangpetch Saengmorakot of Thailand (PABA champ)
6. Roberto Vasquez of Panama
7. Rafael Concepcion of Panama
8. Timor Shailezov of Kyrgyztan (NABA champ)
9. Pramuansak Posuwan of Thailand
10. Jose Lopez of Puerto Rico
11. Katsushige Kawashima of Japan
12. Roberto Sosa of Argentina (LAC champ)
13. Victor Proa of Mexico
14. Jose Cabrera of Mexico
15. Evans Mbamba of South Africa

based on rankings, the belt should be disputed by the #1 and #2 which is Nobou Nashiro and Alexander Muñoz. It can be disputed by the lowest rank boxers in the event that #1 & #2 is vacant. however in this case, it's not vacant. if it was just vacant, then it should have been #4 banal and #3 kono who should fight for the belt not #7 concepcion (not #6 as reported).
how come WBA has 2 belts to be disputed by 2 different pairs in 2 different dates?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:42 am 
Heavyweight

the greatest pain is not being able to catch even a bogus belt.

so aj must win or forget about him......................

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:23 am 
Light Heavyweight

delpilar wrote:

c"mon guys, just think about this..when manny fight lebwaba for the IBF superbantamweight title, everybody thought it was just feeding time for the lion..it was only team pacquiao and ofcourse this threader who knew that manny would walk over lebwaba..everybody was saying it was a bogus title defense for lebwaba..we know what happen..what Im saying is, you don't really know what's bogus is or not..boxing is a warriors game and everybody has a percentage chance of winning..be it .00001 percent or 99.99999 percents..a bogus fight is when a boxer fights a handcuffed boxer..see bogus people...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:55 am 
Heavyweight

macan77 wrote:
delpilar wrote:

c"mon guys, just think about this..when manny fight lebwaba for the IBF superbantamweight title, everybody thought it was just feeding time for the lion..it was only team pacquiao and ofcourse this threader who knew that manny would walk over lebwaba..everybody was saying it was a bogus title defense for lebwaba..we know what happen..what Im saying is, you don't really know what's bogus is or not..boxing is a warriors game and everybody has a percentage chance of winning..be it .00001 percent or 99.99999 percents..a bogus fight is when a boxer fights a handcuffed boxer..see bogus people...

who said the fight is bogus???????

read again ::::: the belt is bogus....... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:56 am 
Light Heavyweight

delpilar wrote:
macan77 wrote:
delpilar wrote:

BOGUS BELT = BOGUS FIGHT = BOGUS CHAMPION.. do you see any difference? just for a thought

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:49 am 
Heavyweight

Nothing bogus about Aj abilities. This is better than nothing. Big fan of Alex John or Eejee for the peeps at Phils.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:57 pm 
Cruiserweight

Banal ready for Concepcion!

July 21, 2008

By Dennis Principe

Photo: Dennis Principe
Filipino super flyweight prospect AJ “Bazooka” Banal is all set to give the Philippines another world crown this weekend. The 19-year-old Banal will vie for the vacant World Boxing Association (WBA) superflyweight crown against Rafael “El Torito” Concepcion Saturday evening at the New Cebu City Coliseum.

In an interview with “Sports Chat” hosted by this writer, Banal said he is confident he can win the crown and join stablemate Donnie Nietes, Nonito Donaire, Jr., Gerry Penalosa and Manny Pacquiao as the country’s current world title holders.

“I’m ready. I’ve trained hard for this and it has been every boxers dream to fight for a world title. This is one chance I won’t let pass,” said Banal in the radio show aired over DZSR 918kHz.

The WBA-115 crown has been automatically declared vacant as it is now being held concurrently by World Boxing Council (WBC) champion Cristian Mijares of Mexico.

Under the WBA rules a regular champion is automatically declared super champion once he adds another world title. The regular title will then be contested by the next two available contenders.

Two Japanese fighters namely Noburo Nashahiro and Kohei Ono occupy the top two spots and both will fight in Japan this coming September announced as a battle for the vacant WBA title.

International matchmaker Sampson Lewkowicz, who was also a guest of “Sports Chat” last week said the WBA hierarchy is sanctioning the Banal-Concepcion fight and that the Japanese fighters be more of an eliminator bout.
“They have to wait and I’m ready to face them. But right now my focus is on this fight with Concepcion. I know he is as determined as I am but I will not let my fans down,” said Banal.

Banal has a record of 17-0-1, with 14 KO’s while the southpaw Concepcion holds a record of 10-2-1, 6 KO’s.

Concepcion arrived in the country Monday and will attend the final press conference of the bout scheduled on Thursday.

http://www.fightnews.com/principe94.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:28 am 
Heavyweight

macan77 wrote:
delpilar wrote:
macan77 wrote:

BOGUS BELT = BOGUS FIGHT = BOGUS CHAMPION.. do you see any difference? just for a thought

i dunno about the fight being bogus. you must know something that i don't.

but the belt is certainly bogus. look there can only be ONE CHAMPION, two champions possessing the same title belt is obviously a prank. christian mijares is the wba superflyweight champion. now how can banal & concepcion fight for the same title?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next