Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:20 pm
Posts: 12707
Location: Yokohama
delpilar wrote:
macan77 wrote:
delpilar wrote:

who said the fight is bogus???????

read again ::::: the belt is bogus....... :lol: :lol:


BOGUS BELT = BOGUS FIGHT = BOGUS CHAMPION.. do you see any difference? just for a thought


i dunno about the fight being bogus. you must know something that i don't.

but the belt is certainly bogus. look there can only be ONE CHAMPION, two champions possessing the same title belt is obviously a prank. christian mijares is the wba superflyweight champion. now how can banal & concepcion fight for the same title?


Funny isn't it? How alpha-soup bodies like WBA master this inconsistency throughout time, for what? of course for sanctioning fees and politics as well. Now is the time for boxing to have "One True Champ" IMO ---> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=104586&hilit=

_________________
“The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.” -Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:00 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 pm
Posts: 2432
pOnga wrote:
kindly tell me what a BUM means..?



A Bum means Villa82!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:25 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:53 pm
Posts: 102
Banal just takes whatever opportunity there is available at this time. Its not his fault he can't fight the big guns yet coz the fights aren't available at all....
To the thread starter, if you want AJ Banal to fight the greats then go ahead be a promoter and give that kind of fight to AJ Banal, for sure he'll take the chance and fight.

_________________
************************************
Make em' think you're Weak, when you're Strong


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 306
Location: City of Smiles
they're not rushing up Banal... he still needs more experience before going bigtime. every boxer goes thru this process..

_________________
It's a Plane! It's a Bird! No! It's my BIRD!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:02 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:33 pm
Posts: 808
Location: Doha, Qatar
As the fight on 26th July has now declared as a WBO "Interim" Championship Belt, the issue of Bogus Title is finished..

_________________
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:08 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:23 pm
Posts: 62
Location: _____
a promoter from japan make this WBA become an interim instead of a title fight.... bring on the japanese fighter...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:16 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 2179
Location: phils
rhudelld wrote:
a promoter from japan make this WBA become an interim instead of a title fight.... bring on the japanese fighter...

i think you are referring to akihiko honda. the most influential promoter in japan. i think he's the owner of teiken gym. i already posted a question regarding this fight of banal. check previous post, perhaps in the page 6. i noted about as to why 2 different pairs contest the same belt on 2 separate dates. also i noted how come AJ banal fought for a vacant belt against a fighter rated #7 even if #1 and #2 is filled out and not vacant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:55 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:10 pm
Posts: 5070
bol-anon nga cebuano wrote:
rhudelld wrote:
a promoter from japan make this WBA become an interim instead of a title fight.... bring on the japanese fighter...

i think you are referring to akihiko honda. the most influential promoter in japan. i think he's the owner of teiken gym. i already posted a question regarding this fight of banal. check previous post, perhaps in the page 6. i noted about as to why 2 different pairs contest the same belt on 2 separate dates. also i noted how come AJ banal fought for a vacant belt against a fighter rated #7 even if #1 and #2 is filled out and not vacant.


corruption is found everywhere. but pinoy promoters & certainly the GAB love to play along.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:59 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:53 pm
Posts: 1627
delpilar wrote:
bol-anon nga cebuano wrote:
rhudelld wrote:
a promoter from japan make this WBA become an interim instead of a title fight.... bring on the japanese fighter...

i think you are referring to akihiko honda. the most influential promoter in japan. i think he's the owner of teiken gym. i already posted a question regarding this fight of banal. check previous post, perhaps in the page 6. i noted about as to why 2 different pairs contest the same belt on 2 separate dates. also i noted how come AJ banal fought for a vacant belt against a fighter rated #7 even if #1 and #2 is filled out and not vacant.


corruption is found everywhere. but pinoy promoters & certainly the GAB love to play along.


so this fight and the other one with japanese fighters could be stated as the "eliminator" where the winners will become as regular and interim champions and will fight it out to be the true regular champion just one step less from mijares, the superchampion..whew..its like a tongue twister..but still, this fight of AJ Banal is not a bogus..the belt is not either..what's bogus is the people in the organization of World Benta Association..well all alphabet soup organizations have thier own corruption to deal with..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:49 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 pm
Posts: 125
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:51 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:47 pm
Posts: 2179
Location: phils
then i was correct about my speculation about the fight. it was all works of sampson and mendoza of WBA and then when honda disputed the fight they immediately made resolutions to accommodate all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:39 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:33 pm
Posts: 1243
Lessons to be learned.

1) Never underestimate the opposition.
2) Don't call him a bum.

Banal lost in the bogus title shot.

I hope AJ would bounce back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:49 am 
Offline
Flyweight

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:44 am
Posts: 24
villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.


now what can u say bro...
:(

_________________
PAC N RIP


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:36 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:45 am
Posts: 209
niknok_1999 wrote:
villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.


now what can u say bro...
:(


I was not impressed by Concepcion at all if anyting it just showed me that Banal was just an over hyped fighter who was weaker than his weak opposition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:45 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:33 pm
Posts: 13167
Location: LAKERSNATION!
Tito Ortiz wrote:
:lol:

:biglaugh:

_________________


Kobe = GOAT
Lakers = The Real Team of the Decade....EVERY DECADE!




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group