Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 am 
Heavyweight

delpilar wrote:
macan77 wrote:
delpilar wrote:

who said the fight is bogus???????

read again ::::: the belt is bogus....... :lol: :lol:

BOGUS BELT = BOGUS FIGHT = BOGUS CHAMPION.. do you see any difference? just for a thought

i dunno about the fight being bogus. you must know something that i don't.

but the belt is certainly bogus. look there can only be ONE CHAMPION, two champions possessing the same title belt is obviously a prank. christian mijares is the wba superflyweight champion. now how can banal & concepcion fight for the same title?

Funny isn't it? How alpha-soup bodies like WBA master this inconsistency throughout time, for what? of course for sanctioning fees and politics as well. Now is the time for boxing to have "One True Champ" IMO ---> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=104586&hilit=

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:00 pm 
Cruiserweight

pOnga wrote:
kindly tell me what a BUM means..?

A Bum means Villa82!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:25 pm 
Lightweight

Banal just takes whatever opportunity there is available at this time. Its not his fault he can't fight the big guns yet coz the fights aren't available at all....
To the thread starter, if you want AJ Banal to fight the greats then go ahead be a promoter and give that kind of fight to AJ Banal, for sure he'll take the chance and fight.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 pm 
Welterweight

they're not rushing up Banal... he still needs more experience before going bigtime. every boxer goes thru this process..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:02 pm 
Middleweight

As the fight on 26th July has now declared as a WBO "Interim" Championship Belt, the issue of Bogus Title is finished..

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:08 pm 
Featherweight

a promoter from japan make this WBA become an interim instead of a title fight.... bring on the japanese fighter...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:16 am 
Cruiserweight

rhudelld wrote:
a promoter from japan make this WBA become an interim instead of a title fight.... bring on the japanese fighter...

i think you are referring to akihiko honda. the most influential promoter in japan. i think he's the owner of teiken gym. i already posted a question regarding this fight of banal. check previous post, perhaps in the page 6. i noted about as to why 2 different pairs contest the same belt on 2 separate dates. also i noted how come AJ banal fought for a vacant belt against a fighter rated #7 even if #1 and #2 is filled out and not vacant.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:55 am 
Heavyweight

bol-anon nga cebuano wrote:
rhudelld wrote:

i think you are referring to akihiko honda. the most influential promoter in japan. i think he's the owner of teiken gym. i already posted a question regarding this fight of banal. check previous post, perhaps in the page 6. i noted about as to why 2 different pairs contest the same belt on 2 separate dates. also i noted how come AJ banal fought for a vacant belt against a fighter rated #7 even if #1 and #2 is filled out and not vacant.

corruption is found everywhere. but pinoy promoters & certainly the GAB love to play along.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

delpilar wrote:
bol-anon nga cebuano wrote:
rhudelld wrote:

corruption is found everywhere. but pinoy promoters & certainly the GAB love to play along.

so this fight and the other one with japanese fighters could be stated as the "eliminator" where the winners will become as regular and interim champions and will fight it out to be the true regular champion just one step less from mijares, the superchampion..whew..its like a tongue twister..but still, this fight of AJ Banal is not a bogus..the belt is not either..what's bogus is the people in the organization of World Benta Association..well all alphabet soup organizations have thier own corruption to deal with..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:49 pm 
Lightweight

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:51 am 
Cruiserweight

then i was correct about my speculation about the fight. it was all works of sampson and mendoza of WBA and then when honda disputed the fight they immediately made resolutions to accommodate all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:39 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Lessons to be learned.

1) Never underestimate the opposition.
2) Don't call him a bum.

Banal lost in the bogus title shot.

I hope AJ would bounce back.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:49 am 
Flyweight

villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.

now what can u say bro...
:(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:36 am 
Welterweight

niknok_1999 wrote:
villa82 wrote:
AJ Banal is no doubt a good fighter on the rise but to get a world title shot agianst Concepcion who is a bum and is no where near deserving of a title shot is pretty bogus to me.

What happen to the days when a fighter had to actualy fight a top fighter to win a title.

Im very proud of our fighters who have won world titles but I will be hard for me to consider Banal a REAL champ until he fights a top fighter for a title.

now what can u say bro...
:(

I was not impressed by Concepcion at all if anyting it just showed me that Banal was just an over hyped fighter who was weaker than his weak opposition.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:45 am 
Heavyweight

Tito Ortiz wrote:
:lol:

:biglaugh:

Kobe = GOAT
Lakers = The Real Team of the Decade....EVERY DECADE!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next