Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:02 am 
Heavyweight

bust_em_all wrote:
after gorres, boomboom, and banal sino na naman ngayon ang next manny pacquiao?

si melindo??? hahahaha! :lol:

Technically speaking, si Nonito Donaire ang pwedeng pumalit sa trono ni Pacquiao.... medyo maangas nga lang....... :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:03 am 
Lightweight

bust_em_all wrote:

All of these guys fought under ABS-CBN....and during big time fights, they lost. :vomit: :vomit:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:03 am 
Light Heavyweight

KabayanHustler wrote:
Those sad faces of people after leaving the coliseum tonight was really unforgetable. Its just not what i was expecting. Well what can u expect, we cant win all the time, God's WILL to balance everything in the world. Now I know what it feels like for the first time what Mexicans feel when their hero fails. We already have Pacman, what more can u ask for?... let's give AJ,Gorres and Boom2x a break shall we?... let's remain humble, just my two cents,

I was really ashamed of those people booing of Conception, If you were there you will actually notice that Conception was giving all and while Aj was pretty much overconfident "kompyansa ra kaayo ba"... he could have KO'd the guy earlier if he was fully focused. But like I said earlier it's GODS WILL.

I agree. Nakakahiya :?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:04 am 
Welterweight

raybil wrote:
bust_em_all wrote:
i still have not lost hope on banal. with better training, he'll bounce back...

what is hopeless is abs-cbn sports... nakakatawa na they're building up banal to be the next pacman (kasi nga nawala si pacquiao sa kanila)hehehe....

let this be a lesson... THERE IS ONLY ONE MANNY PACQUIAO!

did they say that? maybe the boxing journalist...not abs...

i heard the commentators a couple of times...
man, BANAL was their guy! they were hyping up banal to be the next pinoy boxing star.

that's what they do sa mga artista nila. kung hindi na sikat, they hype up another one in their place

when they lost manny, they tied up with golden boy and ala...

sorry, abs-cbn, you made a mistake in crossing manny. there will never be another pacquiao, but there will always be other networks :lol:

i hope they realize the harm this would do to a boxer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:05 am 
Welterweight

gabzgun wrote:
Aj BanaL panahon pRa magretire..[list=] :lol: [/list]

This post here is a perfect example of a truly ignorant bandwagonner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:08 am 
Light Heavyweight

gabzgun wrote:
Aj BanaL panahon pRa magretire..[list=] :lol: [/list]

wow lost a lot of money made you create an account just for that one post?
why don't you hide on your dummy account and say that on your real account eh.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:09 am 
Lightweight

AJ will be back..whatever wont kill you makes you stronger...AJ Godspeed.. learn from this lesson..even the tuition cost you a lot..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:10 am 
Heavyweight

bust_em_all wrote:
raybil wrote:
bust_em_all wrote:
i still have not lost hope on banal. with better training, he'll bounce back...

what is hopeless is abs-cbn sports... nakakatawa na they're building up banal to be the next pacman (kasi nga nawala si pacquiao sa kanila)hehehe....

let this be a lesson... THERE IS ONLY ONE MANNY PACQUIAO!

did they say that? maybe the boxing journalist...not abs...

i heard the commentators a couple of times...
man, BANAL was their guy! they were hyping up banal to be the next pinoy boxing star.

that's what they do sa mga artista nila. kung hindi na sikat, they hype up another one in their place

when they lost manny, they tied up with golden boy and ala...

sorry, abs-cbn, you made a mistake in crossing manny. there will never be another pacquiao, but there will always be other networks :lol:

i hope they realize the harm this would do to a boxer

they don't care about the boxer. specially a loser boxer........

they only care about their own ratings........................

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:11 am 
Light Heavyweight

Magpaturo nalang and mag train nalang sila sa L&M gym :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:15 am 
Welterweight

skills? conditioning? stamina? strategy? could be...

but where's the heart?

if you noticed, a few rounds before the end of the fight, AJ was already turning his back from Concepcion after the referee breaks them. there was even a round with 10 secs left and yet AJ was already heading into his corner. clearly, AJ was lost during those times and it appears like he didn't want to fight anymore. at the end, you can see that he made no effort to continue and that he has already accepted his fate.

where's the killer instinct?
he let Concepcion off the hook a lot of times when he got him hurt. yes there's strategy, but naturally gifted fighters know when to finish a fight.

these attributes separates the great from the greatest.

of course, my opinion only

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:16 am 
Welterweight

assasin_jord wrote:
To All hud dispise banal..
well, u are all entitled to say wat u want..
but one thing is for sure, aj is still young and has alot of more years ahead of him that will lead him soon to success...

look.. Banal Lost to Concepcion who is a tough opponent that could be considered in a caliber of a champion..

yet, Manny even lost to Torrecampo who was nothing and as everyone thot of it as an easy cake for manny..
but where is manny now? he is on top and praised after rising up from his defeats..

so like manny, banal has also alot ahead of him if he rises and learn from his mistake in this loss..

Boholanos wrote:
ok. we always use that pacquiao loss to torrecampo as a good excuse everytime our young prospects loss. heres the trend- ALA gym fighters always fades in the latter rounds. maybe they need to evaluate the conditioning method of their fighters. maybe adapt a new system coz apparently the one they are using for years is not working. just my two cents.

nope bro.. a loss is never an excuse, may it be in a vain and arguable loss since it always ends officially..
pero its not about losing and making excuses why and so fort.. but what was important on manny's loss was his come backs.. and it took him also quite some time before he redeemed and proved himself. its not just in sport but in reality din.. its never how u lost but its how u came back again and recovered from it..
agree ako sa call mo, training and more tactics to gain, but its not making excuses but its evaluating how manny came back from a more dissapointing loss to a non rated fighter. its looking and seeing manny as a model for this young fighters. for them to look after him and reflect on his amazing come backs.. besides, they are just prospects that can still be improved as how u say must improve on their boxing systems..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:16 am 
Welterweight

kala nila showbiz ang boxing... "laban na banal" WTF

this gets in the boxers' head you know, this feeling of invincibility and overconfidence. plus they're feeding these boxers with bums, reinforcing their belief on their invincibility.

technically, ALA has to get a foreign trainer. or maybe let gerry train them after his retirement.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:17 am 
Cruiserweight

It looks like Banal didn't have enough stretching ang warm up on the dugout, since he is still flexing those necks and arms and do a lot of jumping while ref is already making the final instructions! Kulang na lang maglagay si Edito Villamor ng mitts sa kamay and let AJ punch it while their names are being announced!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:18 am 
Cruiserweight

lapukman wrote:
bust_em_all wrote:

All of these guys fought under ABS-CBN....and during big time fights, they lost. :vomit: :vomit:

i wonder what's the connection of the tv networls to our fighters loss. i always think it's the fighters in the ring not the tv networks who will decide the fate of the fight...

...I look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock,perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,and i know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before...

Last edited by boholano on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:20 am 
Cruiserweight

bust_em_all wrote:
kala nila showbiz ang boxing... "laban na banal" WTF

this gets in the boxers' head you know, this feeling of invincibility and overconfidence. plus they're feeding these boxers with bums, reinforcing their belief on their invincibility.

technically, ALA has to get a foreign trainer. or maybe let gerry train them after his retirement.

i disagree. do your homework and check AJ banal's record. he has been fighting good fighters not bums.

...I look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock,perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,and i know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next