Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:29 am 
Welterweight

boholano wrote:
bust_em_all wrote:
kala nila showbiz ang boxing... "laban na banal" WTF

this gets in the boxers' head you know, this feeling of invincibility and overconfidence. plus they're feeding these boxers with bums, reinforcing their belief on their invincibility.

technically, ALA has to get a foreign trainer. or maybe let gerry train them after his retirement.

i disagree. do your homework and check AJ banal's record. he has been fighting good fighters not bums.

these "good fighters" you are talking about also fought bums (herrera had 21-0-0 but won against opponents with double digit losses!)

they though that they could also feed banal with concepcion (who has an unimpressive record) to feast on. turns out, they failed to realize that rafa is trained by a world-class trainer!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:38 am 
Featherweight

sorry lose but the opportunity is ther especially at round 3 and 4 he just cant finished it
they have no plan b and plan c.. :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:38 am 
Cruiserweight

bust_em_all wrote:
boholano wrote:
bust_em_all wrote:
kala nila showbiz ang boxing... "laban na banal" WTF

this gets in the boxers' head you know, this feeling of invincibility and overconfidence. plus they're feeding these boxers with bums, reinforcing their belief on their invincibility.

technically, ALA has to get a foreign trainer. or maybe let gerry train them after his retirement.

i disagree. do your homework and check AJ banal's record. he has been fighting good fighters not bums.

these "good fighters" you are talking about also fought bums (herrera had 21-0-0 but won against opponents with double digit losses!)

they though that they could also feed banal with concepcion (who has an unimpressive record) to feast on. turns out, they failed to realize that rafa is trained by a world-class trainer!

You got it exactly bro! Team Banal is deceived by Concepcion's fight record, overconfidence just flowed out to their heads and thought that this will just be a walk in the park for AJ, they might have thought that they can finish Concepcion in the early rounds, but Concepcion is getting stronger as long as the fight goes..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:41 am 
Heavyweight

blackwater wrote:
Sorry guys....Better luck next time....El Torito is a genius madafaka with regards to using dirty tactics....tsk ...tsk.... :?

part of boxing, but in fairness to el torito he came out as the better boxer, sorry loss for AJ :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 am 
Welterweight

as i said before from way back when banal is fighting. i see that he lacks a killer instinct and ALA fighters seems are ill advice to thread carefully when the other guys is hurt, also what i notice is the heart of this fighter, he already turns around in the 8 round as if saying he cant take it anymore. which if you see in amateur fight when a fighter is hurt he turns around as if running away like a chicken after hit badly turns around and run. it quite funny when i see him do that when the ref tries to break the fight he turns around and go to a corner instead of just backing off. he really lost this fight. considering the 10 wins and 2 losses its a sure win for him with 16 wins and a draw.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:46 am 
Lightweight

boholano wrote:
lapukman wrote:
bust_em_all wrote:
after gorres, boomboom, and banal sino na naman ngayon ang next manny pacquiao?

si melindo??? hahahaha! :lol:

All of these guys fought under ABS-CBN....and during big time fights, they lost. :vomit: :vomit:

i wonder what's the connection of the tv networls to our fighters loss. i always think it's the fighters in the ring not the tv networks who will decide the fate of the fight...

I guess, it's just me.... looks like ABS is jinxed... again, it's my opinion ..... ooops, it was madam Aurings not mine... :bounce1::bounce1::bounce1:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:47 am 
Middleweight

Vinkel wrote:
KabayanHustler wrote:
Those sad faces of people after leaving the coliseum tonight was really unforgetable. Its just not what i was expecting. Well what can u expect, we cant win all the time, God's WILL to balance everything in the world. Now I know what it feels like for the first time what Mexicans feel when their hero fails. We already have Pacman, what more can u ask for?... let's give AJ,Gorres and Boom2x a break shall we?... let's remain humble, just my two cents,

I was really ashamed of those people booing of Conception, If you were there you will actually notice that Conception was giving all and while Aj was pretty much overconfident "kompyansa ra kaayo ba"... he could have KO'd the guy earlier if he was fully focused. But like I said earlier it's GODS WILL.

AJ,,,indeed has what it takes to become a world champ...

look at his resume...with only less than 16 fights...

he already beaten a 28-0 boxer(if i rembr dat correctly...)

he didn.t beat bumbums!

AJ haters,,,d only thing you are seeing i the blind side of the horizon...

i won't be hopping nor dreaming for him to come back,

i will be praying 4 him...

d only reason why he lost,,,?

overcinfidence...

bai? did u also watch it live in cebu coliseum...jst asking?

uu bai, guul lagi ko mahal pa raba jud, cge lang bawe nxt time :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

drake wrote:
A Loss is a loss...No excuses.

I believe that AJ's training camp prepared for everything that Concepcion would bring up the plate. However you see Concepcion's tactics be, I know Banal's team drew something up to counter it. I am sure that they reviewed all the tapes and set out a game plan. Whatever happens in the ring, the boxer and his team should be able to adjust. Well in this case, IMO it did'nt materialize.

These two boxers prepared hard for a tough match. Congratulations to Concepcion for winning. AJ is still young, this loss maybe a hard lesson but he needs to face it and move forward. He still has a long way to go. He was blessed with good technical boxing skills all he needs to do is learn from experiences like this and maybe in the future hell get another crack at it, who knows... the kid is just 19.

Funny thing is when our boys win everybody's all praises, when they lose ya'll gang up on 'em and start bashing 'em... Hey this is boxing, sometimes you win sometimes you lose...Give credit to Banal for stepping up to the challenge at this young age and sacrificing blood sweat and tears...Chin up kid. Goodluck in the future...

Nice comment. I was not able to watch the fight so I'm updating myself thru your posts here. So far, I noticed that majority are blaming someone or something. Anyway, AJ Banal has a long way to go. He's just 19 guys so give him time to learn his lessons well from this humbling experience and come back as a better fighter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:36 am 
Flyweight

i was empressed to milan milendo on how he fight.. he desnt have a powerful punch but hes really a smart fighter... i enjoyed watching him fight.. i compare that guy to paul mallignaggi...

as for banal... he has a powerful punch but lacks in speed.. he should learn how to be smart too.. boxing is not all about power...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:55 am 
Heavyweight

Oh really ? oh my gad ! AJ is very kalooy oi!

trans: I feel sorry for AJ .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:01 am 
Heavyweight

Hindi pa panahon...

Trans: Give him more time :?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:15 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao was KO'ed twice in his career. Banal maybe should check his weight. Maybe step up one division? He looked so thin!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:38 am 
Bantamweight

i'm a fan of banal, but in this fight, i believe he would have loss by decision if the fight went the distance .... i do not agree that all judges had him leading unanimously ... from the 2nd round, he was frequently tagged on the body and head, and his punches were not connecting solidly to concepcion ... it seems that there's no variation in his attacks - his style did not change and he did not make any adjustments at all ... it's good that he has a strong KO punch, but when your strength is not working ... you should dig up some more, work on plan b or plan c

being a one dimensional fighter would expose a lot of weakness, especially if you are fighting an intelligent fighter or someone with a good coach ... it's clear that banal is the better fighter, but his weakness is his coaching staff - they should have guided him accordingly

lastly, sad to say ... banal does not have the heart of a champion .... i've seen navarrete and manny pacquiao got knocked down in their fights here in the philippines, probably in a worst way because they were really groggy, but they stood up and continue to fight ... you may have seen vic darchinyan in his KO lost to donaire - almost out of his senses, but struggled to stand up ... jmm whom we loved to bash here got KD'd three times with his nose busted, but went on to continue to fight manny .... in the case of banal, he waited for the count of 10 and surrendered - evidently, he could have continued to fight, since he stood up normally after the count

hopefully he can recover and win the championship in the future ... but before he can do that, he needs to have the heart of the champion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:13 am 
Middleweight

hey guys, i live here in canada...just one question, did any channel show the fight? how about tfc, i have tfcko and i checked on the VOD list but the fight isnt there,,,can somebody give us any link to watch the whole fight while waiting for tonight's megafight" the battle"...thanks in advance..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:19 am 
Welterweight

hajime_no_ippo wrote:
AJ had lot's of chances to throw a good left in the early rounds, but I kept wondering why he didn't. As for concepcion I'm not being biased here but he sucks, his victory was lame because he used a lot of dirty tactics and clinches, he will never be a world class boxer in my opinion, just a dumb lucky boxer and soon to be loser by the way.

Tough luck for AJ but live to fight another day. He's got the power but needs a little more tactics and conditioning.

the problems with our present boxers is they don't have the killer instinct manny pacman have! all they want in the ring is to look good! manny is there in the ring with one thing in mind, to knock out the other guy as soon as possible. if the other guy is hurt, manny goes for the kill and don't allow a breathing time for the other guy to recover! if Banal have done that, maybe the result could have been different!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next