Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:36 am 
Welterweight

assasin_jord wrote:
assasin_jord wrote:
To All hud dispise banal..
well, u are all entitled to say wat u want..
but one thing is for sure, aj is still young and has alot of more years ahead of him that will lead him soon to success...

look.. Banal Lost to Concepcion who is a tough opponent that could be considered in a caliber of a champion..

yet, Manny even lost to Torrecampo who was nothing and as everyone thot of it as an easy cake for manny..
but where is manny now? he is on top and praised after rising up from his defeats..

so like manny, banal has also alot ahead of him if he rises and learn from his mistake in this loss..

Boholanos wrote:
ok. we always use that pacquiao loss to torrecampo as a good excuse everytime our young prospects loss. heres the trend- ALA gym fighters always fades in the latter rounds. maybe they need to evaluate the conditioning method of their fighters. maybe adapt a new system coz apparently the one they are using for years is not working. just my two cents.

nope bro.. a loss is never an excuse, may it be in a vain and arguable loss since it always ends officially..
pero its not about losing and making excuses why and so fort.. but what was important on manny's loss was his come backs.. and it took him also quite some time before he redeemed and proved himself. its not just in sport but in reality din.. its never how u lost but its how u came back again and recovered from it..
agree ako sa call mo, training and more tactics to gain, but its not making excuses but its evaluating how manny came back from a more dissapointing loss to a non rated fighter. its looking and seeing manny as a model for this young fighters. for them to look after him and reflect on his amazing come backs.. besides, they are just prospects that can still be improved as how u say must improve on their boxing systems..

i know they can comeback but i don't think they can reach somewhere near what manny has accomplished! they are good fighters but all of them have no killer instinct! they may have all the skills and technical know how but its the killer instinct that will bring
a fighter to a higher level. most of these fighters have the other guy hurt bad but instead of going for the kill, they just let the other guy breath freely! you cannot trained them to have a killer instinct! its a natural born asset! like a lion or a tiger! i am sorry to say this, but none of the present boxers that we have will become world champion they way manny had became! only time can tell!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:55 am 
Heavyweight

antatsapaks wrote:
Hindi pa panahon...

Trans: Give him more time :?

yeah, let's give him 10 years more - to be ready...................

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:05 am 
Middleweight

Blueberry Muffin wrote:
With a promising new fighter beaten decisively in a match, what's new now? This loss is as shocking as Napoleon losing in Waterloo.

why do we always resort to desperation everytime one of our boxers lose? k, AJ lost but we don't have to drag his future into this loss. even great boxers taste defeat, and now is AJ's turn but it doesn't mean he's doomed moving forward. cut him some slack, it's not easy being on the ring with people betting and hoping that you win.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:16 am 
Heavyweight

ALA fighters are overrated... time for banal and boom boom to change management. Go to somebody who can train them better for a championship fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:51 am 
Welterweight

A Nacho Beristain would do wonders with AJ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:35 am 
Cruiserweight

Oh my God. This is sad. After the 9th round I turned-off the TV and went to sleep. I had a feeling AJ will going to lose either by points or by KO because Concepcion is already controlling the fight and always moving forward. AJ's punches doesn't have a sting and seems he can't hurt concepcion anymore. As I was going to sleep I was thinking of AJ's corner something like a plan B if everything fails inside 6 rounds.

Anyway, the bull lived to his monicker. Congratulations El Torito !!!.

Fore!

P.S.

Sano AJ, next time, please listen to the ref's final instruction before the fight. Don't move or tip-toe or dance :D as this will leave an impression either to the ref or to the audience (like me) that you're not respecting the ref.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:39 am 
Heavyweight

boy_bikoy wrote:
Blueberry Muffin wrote:
With a promising new fighter beaten decisively in a match, what's new now? This loss is as shocking as Napoleon losing in Waterloo.

why do we always resort to desperation everytime one of our boxers lose? k, AJ lost but we don't have to drag his future into this loss. even great boxers taste defeat, and now is AJ's turn but it doesn't mean he's doomed moving forward. cut him some slack, it's not easy being on the ring with people betting and hoping that you win.

I hear you bro.

Also lets not compare AJ Banal, Boom2, Penalosa, Ganoy etc etc to Pacman. Pacman is a "Natural". He is a Mike Jordan of Boxing. Will probably take forever for Phils to produce another one like him. Even his Full sibbling has no match to how good he is. To think of it, they share the same pedigree. Pacman is a rare species.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:46 am 
Welterweight

bust_em_all wrote:
i still have not lost hope on banal. with better training, he'll bounce back...

what is hopeless is abs-cbn sports... nakakatawa na they're building up banal to be the next pacman (kasi nga nawala si pacquiao sa kanila)hehehe....

let this be a lesson... THERE IS ONLY ONE MANNY PACQUIAO!

yes, only one pacman. abs cbn looked stupid as they hyped the poor kid as the next big thing. tsk tsk tsk.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:50 am 
Middleweight

lapukman wrote:
bust_em_all wrote:
after gorres, boomboom, and banal sino na naman ngayon ang next manny pacquiao?

si melindo??? hahahaha! :lol:

All of these guys fought under ABS-CBN....and during big time fights, they lost. :vomit: :vomit:

don't blame abs-cbn because of their lost.

we should be glad that a big network company is giving chances to our boxers. gma will never do that, they only show fights of manny because of the money. in terms of supporting the boxer, they will never do that. have you ever see a boxing match in gma where manny is not included?

not unless you hate kapamilya and you are a kapuso.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:56 am 
Featherweight

New monicker for AJ Banal.AJ "SUMPAK" BANAL.lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:00 am 
Featherweight

Daywalker wrote:
lapukman wrote:
bust_em_all wrote:
after gorres, boomboom, and banal sino na naman ngayon ang next manny pacquiao?

si melindo??? hahahaha! :lol:

All of these guys fought under ABS-CBN....and during big time fights, they lost. :vomit: :vomit:

don't blame abs-cbn because of their lost.

we should be glad that a big network company is giving chances to our boxers. gma will never do that, they only show fights of manny because of the money. in terms of supporting the boxer, they will never do that. have you ever see a boxing match in gma where manny is not included?

not unless you hate kapamilya and you are a kapuso.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:25 am 
Heavyweight

drake wrote:
A Loss is a loss...No excuses.

I believe that AJ's training camp prepared for everything that Concepcion would bring up the plate. However you see Concepcion's tactics be, I know Banal's team drew something up to counter it. I am sure that they reviewed all the tapes and set out a game plan. Whatever happens in the ring, the boxer and his team should be able to adjust. Well in this case, IMO it did'nt materialize.

These two boxers prepared hard for a tough match. Congratulations to Concepcion for winning. AJ is still young, this loss maybe a hard lesson but he needs to face it and move forward. He still has a long way to go. He was blessed with good technical boxing skills all he needs to do is learn from experiences like this and maybe in the future hell get another crack at it, who knows... the kid is just 19.

Funny thing is when our boys win everybody's all praises, when they lose ya'll gang up on 'em and start bashing 'em... Hey this is boxing, sometimes you win sometimes you lose...Give credit to Banal for stepping up to the challenge at this young age and sacrificing blood sweat and tears...Chin up kid. Goodluck in the future...

Is there anyone bashing Aj here? As is see it, it is ALA gym and chief trainer Villamor who is getting most of the flak here. Their boxing program is flawed so they better do some adjustments. Their boxers lack stamina and are hyped too much.

“I sympathize with those who would minimize economic entanglement between nations. Ideas, knowledge, art, hospitality, travel should of their nature be international. But let goods be homespun and finance be primarily national.”
-Keynes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:43 am 
Cruiserweight

blackwater wrote:
Yep guys....AJ was not in his usual game..He had taken so much body shots from El Torito that drained his strength up to the 10th round where he was KOED and did not make the referee's count....El Torito is a dirty fighter who used so many dirty tactics..But in the end it was those body shots that made the huge difference..Congrats to EL Torito.....

Several factors contributed to AJ's loss; His conditioning was not superb, 1st, just like any ALA fighters who go the distance, (Z etc. lost steam in later rounds), they should find a good conditioning coach and follow Roach advise to eat half a pound of steak and hour before the fight, 2nd, why they bring up to the stage those lossers like Bumx2, Z? jinx factor! AJ has been over trained but poorly conditioned according to a foreign observer .

Too bad! everything has been according to what should have been until that 1 point minus in round 9, then AJ started to slow down, the referee did close his eyes on that low blow in early rounds. why they hire a hispanic referee?

AJ must recover from this temporary setback, not everything we want in life happens.
We must wish him Good Luck in his next fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:09 am 
Welterweight

Wake up guys! :brokenhearted:

Banal lost and its a very good lesson for him. I believe most of us here knows he will come back more stronger, that makes a warrior made of. :thunder:

For those who are non believers and saying banal is a bum just keep it to yourself! :vomit2: At least Banal, Boom2x etc... made something to make us proud to be Pinoy.

All of us are disappointed but our kababayan boxers need our support for their stronger comeback.

note: Our great PACMAN KOed 2x in his 3losts but look at him now, He is the #1 lb4lb...

For those who are crab filipinos go to the Mexi or Panamanian Forum and there you post your stupid opinions and ideas! :verymad:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:07 am 
Strawweight

The problem with ABS-CBN and ALA is that they listen too much to that old, stupid Recah Trinidad .....

That guy's do not know **** in sports .....

I wouldn't even trust him to tie his own shoes .....

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next