Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:55 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

AJ has no heart at all.... There wont be no comeback for this dude. You can see it in his eyes, he's not a fighter.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:16 pm 
Heavyweight

Roycalzaghe wrote:
A J " Bazooka Chewing Gum Banal gored by el Torito

kakahiya ang mga Cebuano

talagang hindi ako bilib kay banal noon pa....

pero 'wag naman ganyan ULOL!

racial comment yan! OGAG KA!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

He's overrated anyway(ALA BOMbom) :lol:

Medyo bastos yung crowd after the fight.

Last edited by jonski on Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:17 pm 
Cruiserweight

mynameis wrote:
much respect to banal he's a good kid d tulad ni boom boom mayabang...But to banal handlers hahahaha to much hype....Ala fighters should fight in japan, thailand fight the best in asia before heading to america and hype that he's the next big thing..Now look what abs done to banal..he's now the next boom "bulagtain" bautista

i totally agree with you...though im disappointed with him, it doesn't mean i despise him...the kid is very humble...very very down to earth...there's still hope AJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

bust_em_all wrote:
i still have not lost hope on banal. with better training, he'll bounce back...

what is hopeless is abs-cbn sports... nakakatawa na they're building up banal to be the next pacman (kasi nga nawala si pacquiao sa kanila)hehehe....

let this be a lesson... THERE IS ONLY ONE MANNY PACQUIAO!

with manny nearing retirement, we should also look into other fighters who could carry pinoy boxing pride. sad to say, it looks like it's not banal as a lot in here have hyped him to be.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:19 pm 
Middleweight

delpilar wrote:
boredtodeath wrote:
That's what an overexposure do, They didn't learn the lesson on boom2x and Gorres, now it happened again to Banal, who's next? Another thing is, Ala's fighter lacks durability, they cant take so much punch. They must know that there is only one Manny Pacquiao, one Flash and one Villa. they should build their own legacy. :D :D :D :D

one thing is for sure, Banal will gonna come back with his fire in his eyes and that thirst to win. he has power and Technical skills. he is just outsmarted tonight.

zgorres hasn't come back. boomboom hasn't comeback............

now aj? give it up...................

another great fighter is coming....... but he's from dadiangas.....

give it up? yes they doesnt come back yet, what if the time comes? you cant predict what will happen just like this fight that no one expect that concepcion will win.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:19 pm 
Cruiserweight

With the come forward fighting style of Concepcion, I thought he will eat a lot of leather from AJ. But I noticed that AJ is fond of sticking to the corner which is a no no for a boxer. One thing I also noticed is that AJ's timing is not there

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:20 pm 
Middleweight

jonski wrote:
He's overrated anyway(ALA BOMbom) :lol:

Medyo bastos yung crowd after the fight.

hnd bastos ok na yun, kaysa sa may boteng lilipad :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

another ALA fighter gasses out? and against a 10-2 boxer who has not fought outside of his region?

tsk tsk tsk. I said this before, and I'm saying it again - too much wasted movements. why reposition when you are already in a good position?

too bad, AJ was the only ALA fighter I actually believed was worth all the hype. And, with Czar Amonsot, was one of my two favorite fighters from that stable.

well, that's what happens when you spend more resources on hyping than conditioning. ALA sucks, and unless they switch trainers, they will continue to suck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:21 pm 
Heavyweight

as i had said in one of the threads here in pacland, even the title of the fight was bragging in favor of banal....

its embarassing....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:24 pm 
Featherweight

ALA stable needs a major revamp!

I feel sorry for Mr. ALA. From what I read from Cebu Paclanders i think he's a nice guy, but he must do major changes to his stable like changing trainers or getting additional ones if he wants to make future Filipino world champs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:24 pm 
Cruiserweight

Banal is full of confidence because he doesn't have an "L" in his boxing record. I wonder how this defeat will affect him mentally after suffering his first loss via KO in front of his hometown crowd! Banal might not be the same fighter again. Sorry folks but there's no such thing as the next Manny Pacquiao!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JaM GuTZ wrote:
mynameis wrote:
much respect to banal he's a good kid d tulad ni boom boom mayabang...But to banal handlers hahahaha to much hype....Ala fighters should fight in japan, thailand fight the best in asia before heading to america and hype that he's the next big thing..Now look what abs done to banal..he's now the next boom "bulagtain" bautista

i totally agree with you...though im disappointed with him, it doesn't mean i despise him...the kid is very humble...very very down to earth...there's still hope AJ

yeah, he's a natural talent, and his composure was still there. he got tagged a number of times with jarring shots even in the early rounds (shots that would have sent boom boom to sleep, yet again), but he maintained good composure. he just wasn't able to take the opponent's resiliency.

in time, AJ. and outside of the ALA gym, please. You can use the world cass facility, but please get a world-class trainer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

A Loss is a loss...No excuses.

I believe that AJ's training camp prepared for everything that Concepcion would bring up the plate. However you see Concepcion's tactics be, I know Banal's team drew something up to counter it. I am sure that they reviewed all the tapes and set out a game plan. Whatever happens in the ring, the boxer and his team should be able to adjust. Well in this case, IMO it did'nt materialize.

These two boxers prepared hard for a tough match. Congratulations to Concepcion for winning. AJ is still young, this loss maybe a hard lesson but he needs to face it and move forward. He still has a long way to go. He was blessed with good technical boxing skills all he needs to do is learn from experiences like this and maybe in the future hell get another crack at it, who knows... the kid is just 19.

Funny thing is when our boys win everybody's all praises, when they lose ya'll gang up on 'em and start bashing 'em... Hey this is boxing, sometimes you win sometimes you lose...Give credit to Banal for stepping up to the challenge at this young age and sacrificing blood sweat and tears...Chin up kid. Goodluck in the future...

Last edited by drake on Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:27 pm 
Heavyweight

simple lang mga guys.....

limitahan ang kayabangan! that's my observation. kulang na lang sabihin yan ni manny.

:( :( :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next