Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:28 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:27 pm 
Heavyweight

yodishuta wrote:
he lost to a no name? rank # 7? i think he is worst than boom2? atleast boom2 is beaten by a class a fighter..oh well.. hope aj learns his lesson... and btw expect lots of banal haters from now on..

You gotta be kidding me, Ponce De Leon is a C+ fighter at best, and he's the worst/weak champion at Super bantamweight (before he lost by 1st K.O against JuanMa Lopez)

De Leon is a strong puncher but he's crude as fack, no skills, but has a lot of pop(power) :lol:
:D

i hope Banal won't end up like his fellow boxers (Randy Suico & Rey Bautista)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Fistic Fury wrote:
Manny's first 2 defeats were KO's. And where is he now? The main reason why these fallen warriors are having a hard time to recover is because we don't give them support when they lose. :fire:

true.
maybe emotions are high and they just expressed it in forum, cannot blame them. when pacman lost to torrecampo, they just expressed it verbally.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:38 pm 
Cruiserweight

A Loss is a loss...No excuses.

I believe that AJ's training camp prepared for everything that Concepcion would bring up the plate. However you see Concepcion's tactics be, I know Banal's team drew something up to counter it. I am sure that they reviewed all the tapes and set out a game plan. Whatever happens in the ring, the boxer and his team should be able to adjust. Well in this case, IMO it did'nt materialize.

These two boxers prepared hard for a tough match. Congratulations to Concepcion for winning. AJ is still young, this loss maybe a hard lesson but he needs to face it and move forward. He still has a long way to go. He was blessed with good technical boxing skills all he needs to do is learn from experiences like this and maybe in the future hell get another crack at it, who knows... the kid is just 19.

Funny thing is when our boys win everybody's all praises, when they lose ya'll gang up on 'em and start bashing 'em... Hey this is boxing, sometimes you win sometimes you lose...Give credit to Banal for stepping up to the challenge at this young age and sacrificing blood sweat and tears...Chin up kid. Goodluck in the future

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:38 pm 
Heavyweight

butong-pacwan wrote:
BOB PAC WILL BE THE NEXT PACQUIAO WHEN MANNY RETIRES.

Press CTRL+W please :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:40 pm 
Featherweight

kaya pa bawi next time,mas malakas...., kung tinapos lang sana ni aj yung laban me pag asa pa siyang manalo. Eliminate the doubt in your system next time. Saka overconfidense siguro.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:43 pm 
Welterweight

Fistic Fury wrote:
Manny's first 2 defeats were KO's. And where is he now? The main reason why these fallen warriors are having a hard time to recover is because we don't give them support when they lose. :fire:

some people here think that losing is the end of the career of the boxer...
before the fight of BANAL, no one here predicted that he'll be lost by KO...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Who is the trainer of AJ?

Boom Boom?

Z Gorres?

:(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

boom2 koed in 1 round.

the powershots banal received on the early rounds, boom2 well sleep on that won't even last up to ten rounds, banal recovers fast from headshots.
naisahan lng talaga sa mga cheap shots while holding.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:47 pm 
Cruiserweight

why not just say he lost to a better fighter? Banal is just a normal boxer overhyped and over-rated. Let us put it that way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:50 pm 
Lightweight

Manny is not AJ and AJ is not Manny, Why do we always put it the next Manny, I think we should look at each fighter as an individual not as the next who ever. AJ would improve, I think he can do better than what he had done tonight. It sometimes happens, its a sport. That's boxing, today we loose tomorrow we win as Diaz said. I expect AJ to be AJ and Abe Concepcion as Abe Concepcion, Boom Boom as Boom Boom. Guys these fighters have their own story so please stop comparing fighters as the next who ever. Fighters have their own stories and careers. This is not a freaking RPG game that you would just have a few set of possibilities. This is Boxing, Anything can happen.

Still my heart cries out for PACQUIAO Vs CAMPBELL Lightweight Unification. DLH Vs PAC is a Freakshow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:57 pm 
Lightweight

banal the next bobpac!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:00 am 
Middleweight

Armboot wrote:
BANAL IS THE NEXT BOOM BOOM IS THE NEXT Zzzzzzz TULOG NA TAYO!!!
BISDAK WAY AJO!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hope banal could comeback and think he could, yet one thing for sure that with the way he unveiled himself tonight, he would never ever be the next manny pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:02 am 
Lightweight

Banal is only 19..he has the skills but he needs to be tough..maybe as he age he will improve..I still believe he will become a world champion someday..and he should learn that having the skills is not enough ..he should know to be smart, wise and strong.

And I dont think in our lifetime we will witness another manny pacquiao - a five time world champion..but I hope we will..

Banal has his own challenges, pacquiao has its own, i have my own and you have yours.
AT the end of the day, whatever happens in the ring it wont affect our own life challenges.
We should hardle and strugle to overcome them....and boxing, what a heck i will sleep tonight and pray for banal and for my self and in the morning its another challenge..enjoy life..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:06 am 
Welterweight

:( Granted, El Torito won by KO, but i don't think the result would have been the same if the REF were more strict on both fighters. The guy from Panama got away with a lot of his dirty tricks without getting any point deductions. Eventually he got braver and braver with his bullying tactics cuz he realized that no matter what, he wouldn't be deducted by his "compadre". The REF dictated the pace of the fight, not Banal, not El Torito. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

greenmango wrote:
:( Granted, El Torito won by KO, but i don't think the result would have been the same if the REF were more strict on both fighters. The guy from Panama got away with a lot of his dirty tricks without getting any point deductions. Eventually he got braver and braver with his bullying tactics cuz he realized that no matter what, he wouldn't be deducted by his "compadre". The REF dictated the pace of the fight, not Banal, not El Torito. :(

bro, never to blame the ref., the tactics that panamians had, banal lost via ko..that's it. accept it..ok.. and better rest..ganyan talaga ang buhay...congrats to concepcion..!!