Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:55 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Re: ALL HYPE BAZOOKA!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:25 pm 
Light Heavyweight

there were just too many body shots that banal absorbed. and since i cant see him landing much significant blows, i knew towards the end he would gas out. in round 10, banal knew he just can't continue. ubos na. you could just see that when the ref was counting him out, he simply refused to stand and continue. is banal's heart questionable? or ubos na lang talaga?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:28 pm 
Cruiserweight

A Loss is a loss...No excuses.

I believe that AJ's training camp prepared for everything that Concepcion would bring up the plate. However you see Concepcion's tactics may be, I know Banal's team drew something up to counter it. I am sure that they reviewed all the tapes and set out a game plan. Whatever happens in the ring, the boxer and his team should be able to adjust. Well in this case, IMO it did'nt materialize.

These two boxers prepared hard for a tough match. Congratulations to Concepcion for winning. AJ is still young, this loss maybe a hard lesson but he needs to face it and move forward. He still has a long way to go. He was blessed with good technical boxing skills all he needs to do is learn from experiences like this and maybe in the future hell get another crack at it, who knows... the kid is just 19.

Funny thing is when our boys win everybody's all praises, when they lose ya'll gang up on 'em and start bashing 'em... Hey this is boxing, sometimes you win sometimes you lose...Give credit to Banal for stepping up to the challenge at this young age and sacrificing blood sweat and tears...Chin up kid. Goodluck in the future

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:30 pm 
Middleweight

Yep I agree, Banal gasses out in the later rounds. Ala gym should have a world class trainer. Its time to make a move or else Ala won't hold any chance for a having a world class fighter like the pacman. Lets get it on.

:gun: :gun: :gun:
:machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun:
:gun2: :gun2: :gun2:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:31 pm 
Heavyweight

drake wrote:

I believe that AJ's training camp prepared for everything that Concepcion would bring up the plate. However you see Concepcion's tactics may be, I know Banal's team drew something up to counter it. I am sure that they reviewed all the tapes and set out a game plan. Whatever happens in the ring, the boxer and his team should be able to adjust. Well in this case, IMO it did'nt materialize.

These two boxers prepared hard for a tough match. Congratulations to Concepcion for winning. AJ is still young, this loss maybe a hard lesson but he needs to face it and move forward. He still has a long way to go. He was blessed with good technical boxing skills all he needs to do is learn from experiences like this and maybe in the future hell get another crack at it, who knows... the kid is just 19.

Funny thing is when our boys win everybody's all praises, when they lose ya'll gang up on 'em and start bashing 'em... Hey this is boxing, sometimes you win sometimes you lose...Give credit to Banal for stepping up to the challenge at this young age and sacrificing blood sweat and tears...Chin up kid. Goodluck in the future

Well said pareng drake.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:34 pm 
Bantamweight

AJ is not the problem here, he has the techniques and power...
ALA and the promoters created that superstar status to promote the fight.
which might have get into the head of the boxer.
also ALA is doing the wrong training direction.
Im saying this again and again because it all reflect on all of their boxers.

Sayang tlaga si AJ banal, he should have made it big time with proper guidance..
but i think only ALA gym offers better training here in PI.
well this should yung PAMPAGISING sa ALA trainers. i heard they have a lot of staff.
but they also have 1 technique to educate their Boxers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:41 pm 
Cruiserweight

Smooth=1 wrote:
Banal is so boring to watch, no killer instinct at all! he got the guy hurt but doesnt know how to finish. he looks one dimensional to me!

Agree, he has that golden opportunity on the 4th round where El torito was obviously hurt but instead of going for the kill, he just play around, and as a result Concepcion was able to regain his composure and hit him with a couple of good shots

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:53 pm 
Lightweight

razhel wrote:
yup,, almost all ALA boxers are all HYPE !! almost all have same style ,, and Ive noticed all of their boxers r lack of Stamina ...
ALA = HYPE

I think they are good trainers for starters.... but not when faced against elite trainers or fighters with very confusing/frustrating styles. I don't know if they learn from mistakes. It seems like they do the same thing all over and over and over again. They could not adjust well. If stamina is to blame, concepcion came in five days ago and his flight was delayed. So in terms of stamina, AJ should have an advantage. It is just the style that they could not adjust and the superior coach he have.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:59 pm 
Lightweight

atemo wrote:
Smooth=1 wrote:
Banal is so boring to watch, no killer instinct at all! he got the guy hurt but doesnt know how to finish. he looks one dimensional to me!

Agree, he has that golden opportunity on the 4th round where El torito was obviously hurt but instead of going for the kill, he just play around, and as a result Concepcion was able to regain his composure and hit him with a couple of good shots

Actually, it was the trainers' idea and asked AJ to take it easy a little bit. They failed to realize however, that he is getting tagged by Concepcion at the sides everytime they clinch and they did not adjust to it.

For AJ, those punches may not really hurt him initially, so he thought it was just ok. But in reality, those punches to the sides, even not solid, affects the muscles and affects his breathing. In turn, causes him to tire more. His trainers should have realized it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:00 am 
Cruiserweight

razhel wrote:
yup,, almost all ALA boxers are all HYPE !! almost all have same style ,, and Ive noticed all of their boxers r lack of Stamina ...
ALA = HYPE

I guess i have to agree, the ALA fighter that never got hyped donnie nietes won instead. :)

...I look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock,perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,and i know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:11 am 
Middleweight

LOSING IS AS IMPORTANT AS WINNING.YOU LOSE TODAY TRY TO WIN TOMMORROW.LEARN FROM MISTAKES AND BE A BETTER FIGHTER THE NEXT TIME YOU FIGHT.AJ HAS TALENTS BUT MORE THAN TALENT, A BOXER NEEDS TO HAVE A ....

H E A R T ! ! !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:15 am 
Heavyweight

archer wrote:
its the training.. boom2, gorres, aj.. can't handle heavy punchers well.. :(

Who is the trainer of AJ?

Boom Boom?

Z Gorres?

:)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:22 am 
Cruiserweight

JE wrote:
drake wrote:

I believe that AJ's training camp prepared for everything that Concepcion would bring up the plate. However you see Concepcion's tactics be, I know Banal's team drew something up to counter it. I am sure that they reviewed all the tapes and set out a game plan. Whatever happens in the ring, the boxer and his team should be able to adjust. Well in this case, IMO it did'nt materialize.

Well said pareng drake.

Thanks Je...Hey it's been a while...Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:31 am 
Middleweight

LOSING IS AS IMPORTANT AS WINNING.YOU LOSE TODAY TRY TO WIN TOMMORROW.LEARN FROM MISTAKES AND BE A BETTER FIGHTER THE NEXT TIME YOU FIGHT.AJ HAS TALENTS BUT MORE THAN TALENT, A BOXER NEEDS TO HAVE A ....

H E A R T ! ! !

kulang sa puso....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:09 am 
Welterweight

Wake up guys! :brokenhearted:

Banal lost and its a very good lesson for him. I believe most of us here knows he will come back more stronger, that makes a warrior made of. :thunder:

For those who are non believers and saying banal is a bum just keep it to yourself! :vomit2: At least Banal, Boom2x etc... made something to make us proud to be Pinoy.

All of us are disappointed but our kababayan boxers need our support for their stronger comeback.

note: Our great PACMAN KOed 2x in his 3losts but look at him now, He is the #1 lb4lb...

For those who are crab filipinos go to the Mexi or Panamanian Forum and there you post your stupid opinions and ideas! :verymad: