Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:32 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ref is bias
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 pm 
Lightweight

I disagree. The ref is fair.
Banal run out of gas. He is not prepared for this fight!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:37 pm 
Heavyweight

darren_simion wrote:
englishbritish wrote:
darren_simion wrote:
The ref wasnt biased. You guys are biased.

The ref handled that as best he could and he did what was needed to be done. Whta did you expect, he should just let the tapes go flapping about? Let Concepcion stuble on his own shoe string? HE called a halt when the action halted and that is how you handle those. He didnt step in and called for a re tape when the boxers were trading, he stepped in whed they separated and he did OK. And the point deduction for Banal was merited as Banal CLEARLY let out his frustrations by hitting after the bell.

STFU!
handled best as he could ? for whom? for the panamanian! did what needs to be done? for whom? for the panamanian!
he never deducted any point for the HEADBUTTS, LOW-BLOWS, NUMEROUS CLINCHING, PUNCHING WHILE HOLDING! He just warned many times and after that, no deductions!
yet for just 1 fault for AJ he immediately deducts a point!

Thats cus there a difference between accidental and intentional. The headbutts were ACCIDENTAL hence the warnings and the punching after the bell was INTENTIONAL. If you think that was unintentional then you can go suck on Banal's **** to make yourself feel better *******.

And the clinching? Its called in-fighting. When David Diaz did that to Manny, none of ya'll cried like you are doign right now. Cuz Manny was still winning then but now Banal got his *** kicked you start feeling sore.

Banal was KOed and Concepcion deserved the win,no doubt about that, what the other pointing here is how the ref did not saw those violation. If the fight goes the distance, Concepcion winning the title will be question for sure. Of course I'm assuming that the 3 remaining rounds are all draws.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:38 pm 
Featherweight

if aj banal lost by SD OR UD.. maybe id say that the referee was biased.. but losing by a knock out? i think its not the referee's fault.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:39 pm 
Welterweight

Ernest168 wrote:
the ref should be suspended
never warn concepcion even once

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. FUNNY!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:40 pm 
Lightweight

Reyes wrote:
Caiz, Jr. he deducted a point from AJ but he never deducted anything from the Panamanian from the headbutts, low blows, punching while holding, excessive holding..

By the 9th round I knew AJ was in trouble, his punches no longer has its power, concepcion was just taking it and kept coming forward. If he made it up to the 12th round, he may have a chance to win by SD. but he got caught with that straight right on the ropes.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: ALA gym needs a new conditioning program!!

That is true. While we cannot do any thing about the ref, the trainers should have told AJ to adjust when Concepcion was holding and punching at the sides, like to get out or hold that punching hand. Also, I notice that most if not all ALA boxers love to duck rather than use side to side head movement as what Concepcion did. Ducking saps power from the legs and even if you are very conditioned, using it consistently for defending will drain you. They did not learn from Z, who uses it consistently, as well as Boom2x.

Another thing, seems like ABS-CBN is jinxed. Whenever they show a title or main event fight, it's either our fighters get L or D... never W, or it is just my bias observation :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:42 pm 
Light Heavyweight

darren_simion wrote:
englishbritish wrote:
darren_simion wrote:
The ref wasnt biased. You guys are biased.

The ref handled that as best he could and he did what was needed to be done. Whta did you expect, he should just let the tapes go flapping about? Let Concepcion stuble on his own shoe string? HE called a halt when the action halted and that is how you handle those. He didnt step in and called for a re tape when the boxers were trading, he stepped in whed they separated and he did OK. And the point deduction for Banal was merited as Banal CLEARLY let out his frustrations by hitting after the bell.

STFU!
handled best as he could ? for whom? for the panamanian! did what needs to be done? for whom? for the panamanian!
he never deducted any point for the HEADBUTTS, LOW-BLOWS, NUMEROUS CLINCHING, PUNCHING WHILE HOLDING! He just warned many times and after that, no deductions!
yet for just 1 fault for AJ he immediately deducts a point!

Thats cus there a difference between accidental and intentional. The headbutts were ACCIDENTAL hence the warnings and the punching after the bell was INTENTIONAL. If you think that was unintentional then you can go suck on Banal's **** to make yourself feel better *******.

And the clinching? Its called in-fighting. When David Diaz did that to Manny, none of ya'll cried like you are doign right now. Cuz Manny was still winning then but now Banal got his *** kicked you start feeling sore.

oh really? all those headbutts are ACCIDENTAL,wow galing mo pre! you suck concepcion and caiz balls while you're at it eh.
when he uses his head to LUNGE. there was even a round where he purposedly CLINCHED to HEADBUTT Banal.

Had there been deductions for those INTENTIONAL dirty tactics, he would not do them as easily as he could.

And for both fighters to be able to rest on the tapes, shoestrings? Who's gained more from the resting? Who had the edge, momentum during those rests? Having so many distractions for a championship fight. How about that trying to clean the mouthguard with water?! The crucial point where AJ could have finished him, all those distractions were meant for the dirty fighter to recover.

We didn't complain when Diaz did in-fighting to Pacquiao, because he wasn't a dirty fighter.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Fistic Fury wrote:
Ernest168 wrote:
the ref should be suspended
never warn concepcion even once
hope our Bernabe concepcion will win tommorow

typical loser's mentality. . . always nadadaya pag talo. :(

hey i accept that we lose
but if the ref warn him for holding etc.
the outcome will be little different

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:48 pm 
Featherweight

lapukman wrote:
Reyes wrote:
Caiz, Jr. he deducted a point from AJ but he never deducted anything from the Panamanian from the headbutts, low blows, punching while holding, excessive holding..

By the 9th round I knew AJ was in trouble, his punches no longer has its power, concepcion was just taking it and kept coming forward. If he made it up to the 12th round, he may have a chance to win by SD. but he got caught with that straight right on the ropes.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: ALA gym needs a new conditioning program!!

That is true. While we cannot do any thing about the ref, the trainers should have told AJ to adjust when Concepcion was holding and punching at the sides, like to get out or hold that punching hand. Also, I notice that most if not all ALA boxers love to duck rather than use side to side head movement as what Concepcion did. Ducking saps power from the legs and even if you are very conditioned, using it consistently for defending will drain you. They did not learn from Z, who uses it consistently, as well as Boom2x.

Another thing, seems like ABS-CBN is jinxed. Whenever they show a title or main event fight, it's either our fighters get L or D... never W, or it is just my bias observation :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Think abs-cbn has the highest rating during the fight entitled "INVASION" .. and all our fighters had won that fight...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Concepcion won using the right tactic. Its the referee who didn't do his job well. Plus the incompetent corner of Aj Banal. AJ will be back don't worry.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:59 pm 
Welterweight

well i guess its always go back to the saying not ripen yet. considering 10 wins and 2 loses el torrito is easy when you look at it. I think just as we always said here.. conditioning,stamina, stamina and stamina is what lacking in all ALA boxers from gorres, nietes and the some of the rest. again its the hype and over confident of aj and ill advice that this is an easy fight for him. but then its the stamina that sap his energy. a lesson to be learned again. i see that aj dont have the fighting spirit from the 8 round he already start to turn around as if saying i cant take it anymore. many of you notice that he turns around like a **** running after been hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:01 am 
Heavyweight

Even international matchmaker Sampson Lewkowicz who was talking to Mr. Gomez was caught in the TV screen calling the attention of ref about the headbutting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:05 am 
Heavyweight

englishbritish wrote:

oh really? all those headbutts are ACCIDENTAL,wow galing mo pre! you suck concepcion and caiz balls while you're at it eh.
when he uses his head to LUNGE. there was even a round where he purposedly CLINCHED to HEADBUTT Banal.

Had there been deductions for those INTENTIONAL dirty tactics, he would not do them as easily as he could.

And for both fighters to be able to rest on the tapes, shoestrings? Who's gained more from the resting? Who had the edge, momentum during those rests? Having so many distractions for a championship fight. How about that trying to clean the mouthguard with water?! The crucial point where AJ could have finished him, all those distractions were meant for the dirty fighter to recover.

We didn't complain when Diaz did in-fighting to Pacquiao, because he wasn't a dirty fighter.

Are you kidding me? During those re tapes and re tying of the shoe string, Banal was getting hammered! In fact Banal benefited more from those breaks than Concepcion. And the washing of the mouthgaurd? are you new to the sport? Of course they wash that! Thats just gross if they didnt. The mat is full of blood, sweat, mucus and dirt for crying out loud! The only ref Ive seen who doesnt wash the mouth guard after it fell off is Joe Cortez and that guy sucks!

And the headbutts? Stop crying about it already. Anybody who follows the sport knows headbutts happen more often when you get a southpaw in there more when you get two. Caiz knew this hence the warning for UNINTENTIONAL headbutts. Get over it and stop crying and making excuses of how bias the ref was when he wasnt.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:10 am 
Heavyweight

kumander_alibasbas wrote:
well i guess its always go back to the saying not ripen yet. considering 10 wins and 2 loses el torrito is easy when you look at it. I think just as we always said here.. conditioning,stamina, stamina and stamina is what lacking in all ALA boxers from gorres, nietes and the some of the rest. again its the hype and over confident of aj and ill advice that this is an easy fight for him. but then its the stamina that sap his energy. a lesson to be learned again. i see that aj dont have the fighting spirit from the 8 round he already start to turn around as if saying i cant take it anymore. many of you notice that he turns around like a **** running after been hurt.

I dont think Banal was poorly conditioned. He got sapped not because he was out of shpae but cause of Concepcion hammering his sides with body shots that AJ didnt know how to handle. Anybody who gets pounded that many times to the body will wilt and AJ is no exception. AJ kept on ducking down which protected his head but now his mid section. He shouldve been doing lateral movements and countering with uppercuts as Concepcion bull rushed with his head down. The uppercuts were there but AJ just didnt capitalize. Those body shots clearly bothered him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:15 am 
Heavyweight

darren_simion wrote:
kumander_alibasbas wrote:

I dont think Banal was poorly conditioned. He got sapped not because he was out of shpae but cause of Concepcion hammering his sides with body shots that AJ didnt know how to handle. Anybody who gets pounded that many times to the body will wilt and AJ is no exception. AJ kept on ducking down which protected his head but now his mid section. He shouldve been doing lateral movements and countering with uppercuts as Concepcion bull rushed with his head down. The uppercuts were there but AJ just didnt capitalize. Those body shots clearly bothered him.

i wonder what is youre reaction, if that happen in milan melindo fight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:27 am 
Light Heavyweight

darren_simion wrote:
englishbritish wrote:

Are you kidding me? During those re tapes and re tying of the shoe string, Banal was getting hammered! In fact Banal benefited more from those breaks than Concepcion. And the washing of the mouthgaurd? are you new to the sport? Of course they wash that! Thats just gross if they didnt. The mat is full of blood, sweat, mucus and dirt for crying out loud! The only ref Ive seen who doesnt wash the mouth guard after it fell off is Joe Cortez and that guy sucks!

And the headbutts? Stop crying about it already. Anybody who follows the sport knows headbutts happen more often when you get a southpaw in there more when you get two. Caiz knew this hence the warning for UNINTENTIONAL headbutts. Get over it and stop crying and making excuses of how bias the ref was when he wasnt.

so OFTEN that they are accidental alright. ^^
yeah i leave you in your state of denial UNINTENTIONAL headbutts. ^^
i was there, obviously the others who are watching with me are blind too.
did i say something about NOT washing the mouthguard? i included that because that was the time Banal had the opponent in trouble.
Get over it wannabe expert and stop the denial how unbiased the ref was, cos he was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next