Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ref is bias
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:32 am 
Heavyweight

Ernest168 wrote:
darren_simion wrote:
kumander_alibasbas wrote:
well i guess its always go back to the saying not ripen yet. considering 10 wins and 2 loses el torrito is easy when you look at it. I think just as we always said here.. conditioning,stamina, stamina and stamina is what lacking in all ALA boxers from gorres, nietes and the some of the rest. again its the hype and over confident of aj and ill advice that this is an easy fight for him. but then its the stamina that sap his energy. a lesson to be learned again. i see that aj dont have the fighting spirit from the 8 round he already start to turn around as if saying i cant take it anymore. many of you notice that he turns around like a **** running after been hurt.

I dont think Banal was poorly conditioned. He got sapped not because he was out of shpae but cause of Concepcion hammering his sides with body shots that AJ didnt know how to handle. Anybody who gets pounded that many times to the body will wilt and AJ is no exception. AJ kept on ducking down which protected his head but now his mid section. He shouldve been doing lateral movements and countering with uppercuts as Concepcion bull rushed with his head down. The uppercuts were there but AJ just didnt capitalize. Those body shots clearly bothered him.

i wonder what is youre reaction, if that happen in milan melindo fight

Then Raul Caiz Jr must die! hahaha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:35 am 
Light Heavyweight

Ernest168 wrote:
the ref should be suspended
never warn concepcion even once
hope our Bernabe concepcion will win tommorow

to namn..masyado kang iyakin..hindi naman bias ang ref. kita mo nga nalaglag na ung mouthpiece ni concepcion di pa nag take advantage si banal nun.. sa halip pinabayaan nyang yumakap si concepcion..kita ko nga si banal pa ung tinatanamaan... talo tlga si banal..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:38 am 
Heavyweight

englishbritish wrote:

so OFTEN that they are accidental alright. ^^
yeah i leave you in your state of denial UNINTENTIONAL headbutts. ^^
i was there, obviously the others who are watching with me are blind too.
did i say something about NOT washing the mouthguard? i included that because that was the time Banal had the opponent in trouble.
Get over it wannabe expert and stop the denial how unbiased the ref was, cos he was.

But still the ref HAD to break the fighters and had that mouth guard washed. So where's the bias in there? If he didnt then how would that look? Youre saying that the ref is biased but as I said he did what he had to do and you sore fvcks still cry about it. Twice the action got halted cuz of loose tape and that benefited Banal cuz at the time he was getting hammered to the sides. And still you complain that the ref was biased.
Stop crying and get over it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:02 am 
Light Heavyweight

Ernest168 wrote:

nothing biased about counting to 10. aj gave up.

aj just got his a$$ kicked. thats it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:12 am 
Heavyweight

The ref is able to control the situation, he even stopped counting momentarily to ask El torito to go to the neutral
corner and that made AJ bought a couple of second to rest but the boy simply cannot make it anymore and refuses
to stand up. Ref Caiz Jr performed his job good enough.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:16 am 
Light Heavyweight

at some cases, I should say yes..raul caiz jr. is bias...but overall I think he did a pretty decent job... What really did it for AJ is that he allowed Concepcion to hit him on his body/ribs several times maybe thinking he could just shrug it off...but he felt those punches later in the fight that's why he quits...i bet his ribs are pretty sore right now...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:22 am 
Light Heavyweight

rhad wrote:
The ref is able to control the situation, he even stopped counting momentarily to ask El torito to go to the neutral
corner and that made AJ bought a couple of second to rest
but the boy simply cannot make it anymore and refuses

that is not true because when a fighter is down, there are officials that already starts counting and the ref will just follow the counting..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:02 am 
Heavyweight

Ernest168 wrote:

Eya pareng Ernest. How's it going?

Anyways, I'll agree that Concepcion was the dirtier fighter which made for a sloppy fight. The clinching, the hitting during a clinch, the mini-head butts, etc. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that the ref was biased.

Concepcion won, simple as that.He was the more aggressive fighter, and he gutted out a win. Concepcion was also hurt several times during the fight, but AJ didn't take advantage. Instead, it was Concepcion who turned it around to pick up the win fair and square. Not the cleanest of ways, but a win is a win.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:11 am 
Heavyweight

mon_key_boy33 wrote:
rhad wrote:

that is not true because when a fighter is down, there are officials that already starts counting and the ref will just follow the counting..

yea I know, but haven't you noticed the counting was somewhat delayed . One of the commentator even took note
of that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:17 am 
Heavyweight

rhad wrote:
mon_key_boy33 wrote:
rhad wrote:

yea I know, but haven't you noticed the counting was somewhat delayed . One of the commentator even took note
of that.

What I did notice was when the ref reached the count of '9', he had a little bit of a prolonged "niiiiiiine...", like he was half-expecting AJ to get up and continue. Almost like mentally saying, "Okay, 8... 9... hey I said nine!!! Aren't you getting up? Nine I said! Nine!!! ... Okay fine, you're call... TEN!" :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:20 am 
Heavyweight

rhad wrote:
mon_key_boy33 wrote:
rhad wrote:

of that.

The referees only follow the ringside official but once he continues counting, he's counting all by himself. The referee stopped at around the 8 count if I remember it right and Im guessing Concepcion thought that Banal woudl stand up after that so he started to come out of the neutral corner and Caiz Jr stopped the count temporarily and made Concpcion go back essentially giving Banal more time to recover although it didnt matter cuz he opted to just stay there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:25 am 
Middleweight

Ernest168 wrote:

MANNY PACQUIAO makes no excuses,,,,period...im a banal fan but i think for me he is an exciting fighter but not in a champions level, maybe not yet or may not be at all,,,,lets see tonight if abe conce's corner is right about their next manny pacquiao candidate,,,,hope it'll not end up the same way........btw i'll take tony margo to win by stoppage in the late rounds..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:26 am 
Heavyweight

darren_simion wrote:

The referees only follow the ringside official but once he continues counting, he's counting all by himself. The referee stopped at around the 8 count if I remember it right and Im guessing Concepcion thought that Banal woudl stand up after that so he started to come out of the neutral corner and Caiz Jr stopped the count temporarily and made Concpcion go back essentially giving Banal more time to recover although it didnt matter cuz he opted to just stay there.

Exactly 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:33 am 
Lightweight

The Butcher wrote:
rhad wrote:
mon_key_boy33 wrote:

of that.

What I did notice was when the ref reached the count of '9', he had a little bit of a prolonged "niiiiiiine...", like he was half-expecting AJ to get up and continue. Almost like mentally saying, "Okay, 8... 9... hey I said nine!!! Aren't you getting up? Nine I said! Nine!!! ... Okay fine, you're call... TEN!" :biglaugh:

That was really good man :lol: :lol:

Kidding aside, the ref should have given Concepcion a warning in one instance during the fight (or did he... i did not see it) for using his head. But overall, he was fine..... Will give him a B-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:52 am 
Heavyweight

lapukman wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
rhad wrote:
of that.

That was really good man :lol: :lol:

Kidding aside, the ref should have given Concepcion a warning in one instance during the fight (or did he... i did not see it) for using his head. But overall, he was fine..... Will give him a B-

It's true though! :biglaugh:

Check it out when you guys watch it again. And listen in on his "Nine."

Ref's job could've been better. But nothing that alarming I suppose

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next